Who is Bisexual?

heavynuttz

Sexy Member
Media
I just want to start of by saying that I'm sure this topic has been raised more than just a couple of times, but I am asking to find out how when fellow bi and gay members began sexual relationships with other men and if they were acting as exclusively heterosexual and then transitioned into bi and gay relationships or vice versa, exclusively gay then trasitioned into bi and str8 sex. Feel free to post your experiences/thoughts on this topic. So who is bisexual? ??? By doing some research on this topic this is what I can up with:

Alternating bisexuals:
may have a relationship with a man, and then after that relationship ends, may choose a female partner for a subsequent relationship, and many go back to a male partner next.

Circumstantial bisexuals:
primarily heterosexual, but will choose same sex partners only in situations where they have no access to other-sex partners, such as when in jail, in the military, or in a gender-segregated school.

Concurrent relationship bisexuals:
have primary relationship with one gender only but have other casual or secondary relationships with people of another gender at the same time.

Conditional bisexuals:
either straight or gay/lesbian, but will switch to a relationship with another gender for financial or career gain or for a specific purpose, such as young straight males who become gay prostitutes or lesbians who get married to men in order to gain acceptance from family members or to have children.

Emotional bisexuals:
have intimate emotional relationships with both men and women, but only have sexual relationships with one gender.

Integrated bisexuals:
have more than one primary relationship at the same time, one with a man and one with a woman.
Exploratory bisexuals:

either straight or gay/lesbian, but have sex with another gender just to satisfy curiosity or "see what it's
like."

Hedonistic bisexuals:
primarily straight or gay/lesbian but will sometimes have sex with another gender primarily for fun or purely sexual satisfaction.

Recreational bisexuals:
primarily heterosexual but engage in gay or lesbian sex only when under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

Isolated bisexuals:
100% straight or gay/lesbian now but has had at one or more sexual experience with another gender in the past.

Latent bisexuals:
completely straight or gay lesbian in behavior but have strong desire for sex with another gender, but have never acted on it.

Motivational bisexuals:
straight women who have sex with other women only because a male partner insists on it to titillate him.

Transitional bisexuals:
temporarily identify as bisexual while in the process of moving from being straight to being gay or lesbian, or going from being gay or lesbian to being heterosexual.

James249620002000: I started out thinking I was totally straight...even got married. I had a few homosexual encounters as a young man, but I thought they were just a stage.

After several years of marriage and lots of cheating with other men, I decided I was more gay than straight. Now I have 100% of my sexual encounters with men, most with my one boy friend. (Actually, I have a few solo encounters too, but I am male, so it is all male.)

norseman: Ah Geez, more categories.

I thought figuring out straight/bi/gay was bad enough. Now we have SUBCATEGORIES. Worse still, I don't seem to fit nicely into any of them. Hedonistic is close. I always wanted to be a hedonist.

Never concurrent, wouldn't be fair to someone.

Like sex with guys. Wouldn't want to settle down and choose curtains with any of them.

Women are a great "fit". Yin for yang, Jane for Tarzan, but the sex tends to be (for me) more romantic and tender. With guys its purely and intensely animal.

Once again defying categorizing and convention....
Norse

dable_wi: Hey Dee:

Does this discussion look/sound familiar? We had a similar thread going back in either December or January.

Interesting discussion...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=dable_wi link=board=meetgreet;num=1076939493;start=0#7 date=02/16/04 at 18:40:46]Hey Dee:

Does this discussion look/sound familiar?  We had a similar thread going back in either December or January.

Interesting discussion...[/quote]

Dable, if you've learned nothing else at all from LPSG, you've learned that history repeats itself. :D

Pecker

Confusion say: Man who sit on upturned tack, rise above all.

Javierdude22: Jon, I would say your open-minded...

This is always an interesting topic...for me at least..

Still havent figured out what I am..I would like to opt for the weird bi-sexual.

I hardly ever fall in love...with neither sex...but if I do, its intense, and happened more with women than with a dude. I can have sex with both genders, but never random (i.e. always in the context of presumed affection) but in all honesty I think I enjoy it more with my own gender.

At the same time I have moral issues with being anything other than straight. I also simply comsider myself straight because being anything else involves conotations I am still not ready to deal with.

I am a guy...like any other...and fall in love with people...
thats the line im sticking to these days.

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
Was bi-sexual the first 24 yrs of my life (currently soon to be 42), at which time I finally realized that despite the physical pleasure of sex with women, there was always something missing (another penis perhaps, LOL!)and a feeling of 'emptiness', which I never felt after having sex with a man ... so I finally concluded that despite being able to function quite well with women in bed, that I was more prone to enjoy the company of men in the long run, and made my 'decision' to pursue them exclusively ... not that the odd-female didnt get in the mix since then, as a few have, usually in drunken situations, but for the most-part I would have to say I am fully gay at this point ... as for Jonb's post on circle-jerking, I think that is a normal thing one does as a teen, and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with one's sexuality ... I jerked off with alot of friends as a teen, most of whom were and still are very str8 and would never think of physically fooling with a guy, but still enjoyed the comradery of masturbation. I would have to say from my experience, and the sexuality question aside, that the ultimate in 'male-bonding' is circle-jerking or masturbating with a good friend in the same room, what a great thing for 2 guys who enjoy each others company to share.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
@Javier:
All this labeling seems kinda crazy. It was bad enough with just gay, straight, and bi. I'd say 'open-minded' describes me perfectly, though.

@vkngsxgd8:
I'd agree that it's a male-bonding experience. Learning about each other's bodies, bringing each other to orgasm, and it's completely safe. And there are so many games you can play too.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=dable_wi link=board=meetgreet;num=1076939493;start=0#7 date=02/16/04 at 18:40:46]Hey Dee:

Does this discussion look/sound familiar?[/quote]

You know me, I'm pretty damn impressed with all the research, anecdotal and more, done for this thread. But then again, Jon just said so much more nicely and cleanly -- "open-minded" is the thing. If you want to draft ratios and percentages for how your attractions swing, that's totally cool. I did it, too. Now, it just seems a little less important. Or better yet, you know, the people that you feel most attracted to who may end up being more suited to your tastes -- well, there's no need for exploration and analysis. They just "get" you, multifaceted and all.

Heh. Jon, your latest reply just made me want to poke you in the ass a couple of times, and when you scoff, I say, "Whaaaaa... I'm just bonding, man. Chill." :)

Javierdude22: Ya know...on a sidenote:

It seems that many people have done this circle jerk thing. Although I dont have anything against it at all, I cannot imagine my friends and I doing circle jerks.

I could even imagine the rest of my saturdaynights being spent with my grandma s bridge team, if I would ask them to join in.

Hm...I should make new friends ;)