Who is John McCain?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Oct 24, 2009.

1. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    John McCain, the self proclaimed computer illiterate, the man who admitted he has to rely on his wife for computer help and who does not know how to email is also the man who has taken the greatest amount of contributions from the telecom industry in the period spanning January 2007 to present.

Today he introduced a bill in the Senate, ironically and misleadingly titled the Internet Freedom Act, that would prevent the FCC from moving forward with net neutrality rules that would prevent service providers from denying or controlling access.

McCain Battles Google, Twitter, eBay Coalition Over Net Neutrality

I can't wait to read what the republitards here have to say about this considering passage of the McGrampy bill would no doubt be the death knell to this and other such sites.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I read this report earlier today and rolled my eyes.

I highly doubt this turd will ever get out of committee, much less entertain the idea of being passed by the full Senate. Nonetheless, I am curious to see the text of the proposed bill (S.1836) when it finally gets posted.

For a real chuckle, you can read the technologically erudite Mr. McCain's commentary introducing this to the Senate on page S10702 of the Congressional Record.

#2 HazelGod, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  3. cruztbone

Gold Member

could McCain possibly be more out of touch with reality? how much sand is there in the Arizona desert?

Draft saved Draft deleted