Who is smarter, your mom or dad?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My father is smarter than my mother, but my mother's family is smarter than my father's.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hard to say. Both of them are about equally intelligent, but my mom had a little more formal schooling than my dad, and both of them have a much higher intelligence than what their level of schooling (neither of them finished high school) would suggest.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who is smarter, your mom or dad? My father is smarter than my mother, but my mother's family is smarter than my father's.

What an odd question. How are we defining smart?
Mom has a BA+ 21 credits towards a MA. Dad is a high school graduate but has taken some college classes as required for past jobs.

My dad and most of his family excel in good old fashioned horse sense. There are few college grads on his side of the family but the ones who did are tops in their field.

In moms immediate family the women tend to be well educated (college & beyond), but not the men. The women also tend to be strong, matriarchal types who end up either alone or as single mothers. :redface::mad: Is there a correlation? Some say no, but I have my doubts. :frown1: Common sense is common in the men on mom's side but hit or miss with the girls. :confused:

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mom.

Both of my parents are smart. They both went to the same high school and my mom was valdictorian of their class and my dad was probably down at the bottom of the class grade wise.

But while my mom is left brain dominant......my dad is right brain dominant so they are both very good in each of their areas of expertise. My mom just has a higher grade point average. They are both highly educated people.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Both are equally smart. However, their intelligences are in different areas. They have a really good balance.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mom has more book learning than Dad and is very intelligent.
Dad has practical experience and is a natural engineer, he is more patient and has an intuitive understanding of many physical processes and the ability to predict outcomes from mechanical actions.

On balance they are equally intelligent

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My father has passed away. But both of my parents were intellligent in very different areas. My dad more the life skills and especially in history and things like come backs. He was very quick witted. My dad was extremely good in the shop working with wood and using skills used by my ancestors. Dad was always reading and anything beyond high school was self taught.

Mom is very crafty with making things by hand and also in the medical/science field. Mom was a nurse for 40 years. My mom was always very well liked and very skillful in nursing and compassion towards her patients.

My parents were very skilled in different areas so it would be hard to make a real determination as to who was more intelligent. My brother takes after my dad in the fact of working with wood and math skills to do construction. As for me, I excel in history, old fashion ways, medicine/science. I hate lit and math. I'm not creative in writing, not as well spoken as my dad was, I am musically inclined like both of my parents.I have mom's interests in science and the medical field, yet no degree. I have an odd knowledge of genetics, pharmacology, cardiac function, neonatal problems, and other areas. Yet I value more traditional hands on things like crafts and music. I find them more interesting and more satisfying.

I'd say I grew up with a great mix in the house. A degree is a lot of time just a piece of paper or was in the past. Life experience to me counts a heck of a lot more!

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...lost my dad at early age...partly raised by step-dad and mother...
he was very domineering so i guess he always appeared to be smarter to me...cuz we did what he demanded 99% of the time, no questons asked.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My parents are both very intelligent - I couldn't say who was more intelligent; they both have high academic qualifications, they are both very good at problem solving, they both have very broad general knowledge, they are both good debators / orators. I should imagine they would score very similar scores in IQ tests or SATs.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The people who think smartness is measured in terms of college degrees worry me. My dad has a good business sense and no social skills, and my mother is a disaster pragmatically but gets along with everyone and their dog. Hard to say.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They both bes deadses.

Mother was smarter on the educational front as she went to college (Baruch and Hunter) after learning English upon our arrival here in the U.S.A. My father on the other hand was wise in worldly matters (or so I perceive it even to this day more than 30 years after his death). He never went to college and as far as I know his only formal education was back in Najaf and ended early on. He also knew how to work with electical gadgets and rewire them in fun and fascinating ways.

Smarter than either of them; by far, was my Grandfather. He received an education up in Baghdad, and was quite proficient in the sciences and mathematics. He helped me through algebra and then geometry, as well as with Chemistry. (For some reason I understood Physics immediately). He was also multi-lingual- English, Arabic (he said there were two forms which he and others conversed in, I understood neither), Farsi, Greek, French and Spanish. Being barely able to understand English myself, I was always amazed at how he could shift from one language to another. He also knew how to get me to do things I didn't want to do-hands down he was the smartest man I ever met.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My mom and dad were geniuses. I only hope to pick up their crumbs. :rolleyes:

Mine too, hotmilf. I feel lucky to have had such brainy parents...and though my dad was a bit of a redneck early in his 'father experience', he grew out of it once I left home.

Too bad they have both passed away. I miss them.