Who is taller? You or your parent(s)?

Father/Son OR Mother/Daughter

• I am taller than my father (or mother)

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • I am shorter than father (or mother)

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the tallest and biggest in the family...and I'm also the youngest of all the brother and sisters. i'm about 5'10 and everyone in my family is 5'7 and shorter. It really makes our family pics really interesting since they like to put the baby in the middle. LOL :)

Me and my bro are taller. Sisters are smaller.

Is this another one I've already answered?!!! *got dementia*

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
A long time ago I heard a doctor say that men are always taller than their mother. Is this really correct? It's not an easy thing to google.
Can't be true.
A single exception would invalidate it.
Just today, I saw a video about a 24-year-old man in Bogota who is only 27 inches tall. Guinness has just declared him the world's shortest man.
No suggestion that other family members are so extraordinarily short.

Last edited:

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can't be true.
A single exception would invalidate it.
Just today, I saw a video about a 24-year-old man in Bogota who is only 27 inches tall. Guinness has just declared him the world's shortest man.
No suggestion that other family members are so extraordinarily short.

This sort of exception is caused by a genetic disorder. The proposition should be that in the absence of genetic disorders all men are taller than their mothers. I agree that one exception would invalidate it. Are there any exceptions? I cannot think of a single man I know who is shorter than his mother.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Taller fortunately, but thats not the same for everybody. I think it mostly depends on how tall your mother is.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
at 5'9" I'm shorter than dad was, he was 6'7", mom was 5'6". I'm glad I didn't get my dad's height, it was troublesome to him at times (doorways, beds), 1 of my brothers has the same prob. he's 6'9"and a half".
My last wife was 6'1" which was pleasant in some ways:smile:.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
This sort of exception is caused by a genetic disorder.
True.
The proposition should be that in the absence of genetic disorders all men are taller than their mothers. I agree that one exception would invalidate it. Are there any exceptions? I cannot think of a single man I know who is shorter than his mother.
You probably aren't thinking hard enough.
Height is genetically multifactorial. The possible height-governing combinations that go into anyone's makeup are very extensive. Sometimes short people have tall children, and tall people have short children. There have got to be any number of cases of men who are shorter than their mothers ... especially in cases where their fathers are shorter than their mothers.
And if it were true that all men ... with the rare sort of exception that I brought up earlier ... were taller than their mothers, that observation would have been inescapable. We wouldn't be considering it here as though it were something new. (I mean, there is a very remote possibility that the suggestion is true and has been broadly overlooked for millennia, but it is remote indeed.)
That said, no, I can't think of anyone either.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad is 5'10", my mom was 5'5".

I'm 5'3" rounding up!

Interestingly, two of my mom's sisters were around her height, 5'5", and their first born daughters are more like my height or a little shorter - but their second born daughters are tall! So I guess if my mom had had another daughter she would be tall. :biggrin1: