Who is the funniest comedian ever?

Who is the funniest comedian ever

• Total voters

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't enjoy comedians who feel the need to include fuck in every sentence, I consider that a cheap way of getting a laugh and trying to cover up that they're not really that funny. I've watched a few things by Bill Bailey, he's a very clever man, occasionally hilarious, and he doesn't have to swear constantly.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There needs to be some old-timers mentioned. Such as George Burns, Phyllis Diller, Victor Borge, Jack Benny. Burns and Benny's timing when telling a joke was wonderful!

From the list I'd select Eddie Murphy's early work (SNL).

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
There needs to be some old-timers mentioned. Such as George Burns, Phyllis Diller, Victor Borge, Jack Benny. Burns and Benny's timing when telling a joke was wonderful!

From the list I'd select Eddie Murphy's early work (SNL).

If you are going to include George Burns, include Gracie Allen his wife too. She was hilarious.

I miss the days when comics would make you laugh without all the swearing. Too me, if you can't tell a good joke without swearing, you aren't that funny.

Ohhh I almost forgot, I like George Wallace.

B_Rivas_Boricua4Ever

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Richard Pryor, Eddie murphy, Dane Cook, and Mitch hedberg make my favorites list.

But as far as my pick for best ever, Its Lewis Black, easily.

Why would you bring Dane Cook into this? We've discussed him already - he is not a comedian and a bucket of mulch is more entertaining than him. He sucks. If anyone else brings him up in this thread, I will fart in their face.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Bill Hicks is certainly funny, but his routinues still bristle, and he's been gone over a decade.

Not mentioning Dane Cook? He's a intellectual thief.

Certainly Lenny Bruce deserves a mention, as perhaps Bill Dana, Billy Connolly, Stan Freberg, Doug Stanhope, Anna Russell, Tom Leher, Stephen Lynch, Margaret Cho, Emo Philips, etc....

...can't limit myself to the ten you list. Sometimes George Carlin comes off as a butthead.Ditto Eddie Murphy.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Bill Hicks is certainly funny, but his routinues still bristle, and he's been gone over a decade.

The title of this thread has an 'ever' at the end - I guess that means alive or dead.

Humour is so subjective that a list of 10 was never going to cut it - but for all time top ten Hicks was so fucking out there that I was surprised the OP missed him. And no one has, I believe, mentioned Eddy Izzard yet. He makes me hurt with laughter... Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson as a double act are sublime too. And yes, on the far side of the Atlantic Lenny Bruce does deserve a mention, as does Andy Kaufman - not so much for being funny (though they both were) but for being pioneers.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Someone who I really like now is Louis (Louie) C.K.

His "suck a bag of dicks routine" is great.

Also how he has to play hide and seek in plain sight for his child. And how he can beat a whole army of two year olds.

and his man-crush on Ewan McGregor.

wanker

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jimmy Carr
Alan Carr (not related to Jimmy)

Catherine Tate
John culshaw (Impressions of Blair and Bush are too funny)

Dawn French and Jeniffer Saunders

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ding, Ding, Ding...you said the magic word..Dane Cook, the comedian that comedians love to hate, and they think he is not funny.

I don't find Dane Cook that funny, there is a guy that sounds just like him who is very funny, but I forget his name.

i thought you were talking about Carlos Mencia.:confused:

o well... i like red fox, dave chappele, chris rock, george lopez and dave atell.

damn i wish insomniac was back on.