Who is the funniest comedian ever?

Who is the funniest comedian ever

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
bill hicks you fucking noobs. but this question is like asking who the best painter ever was... it is all a point of view. :p

You are fucking right - but I already mentioned him 3 fucking times - you retard! :kiss:

that would be Vermeer.:biggrin1:

You are fucking wrong - I've already told you it is Rembrandt - you twat! :kiss:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Billy Connoly and Jackie Mason - Kings of Stand Up

On film/radio - Sellers, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Cook and Moore, Blazing Saddles have all made me wet my pants. Not sure you needed to know that.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Humour is so subjective that a list of 10 was never going to cut it - but for all time top ten Hicks was so fucking out there that I was surprised the OP missed him. And no one has, I believe, mentioned Eddy Izzard yet. He makes me hurt with laughter... Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson as a double act are sublime too. And yes, on the far side of the Atlantic Lenny Bruce does deserve a mention, as does Andy Kaufman - not so much for being funny (though they both were) but for being pioneers.

Agreed with all. I saw Eddie Izzard 3 years ago in Philly and was glad I used the loo before the show began. :biggrin1:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Tommy Cooper and Frankie Howard always made me laugh and Peter Kay cracks me up now.

Jo Brand - "I never now tell a man he has a small penis. I have noticed one thing always happens if you tell a penis it's small. It gets smaller."

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy Hell! What is wrong with you people!?!? Why isn't Steven Wright on here? Steven Wright

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

He's my current favorite! :biggrin1:

My favorite Steven Wright line: "I put some instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time!"

I don't like comedians that do gender stereotyping. That means most of them now. I do like what I've heard of George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Margaret Cho. Oh, and Ellen DeGeneres too - especially her material after she came out. I watched a show with her doing standup on Comedy Central once and hadn't laughed so much at standup comedy in YEARS! Most of the recent stuff is all gender stereotyping, which just angers me rather than making me laugh.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mitch Hedberg is at the top of my list. (Is it possible to be in love with a dead man?!) * sigh *

Next would be....

the Goon Show (Peter Sellers et al)
Monty Python
Dan Akeroyd, especially in SNL Conehead skits.
Jeff Foxworthy (ok ok ok I seem to be his only fan here...)

I don't have a favorite female comedian though there are many that I thoroughly enjoy, but one skit that almost asphyxiated me was Joan Rivers' hamster in the toilet.