Who is to say what is offensive?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish I hadn't discovered those the minute puberty hit. Then maybe I could enjoy them now. My mother tried to keep me from reading them, but I had a library card. LOL

Ain't it the truth? Second only to fairy tales, they have messed up more young women's expectations and created a major sense of entitlement! LOL!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So true. Marriages were little more than political/business deals for centuries.
BLASPHEMER!!! How dare you try to throw a wrench in the marriage-nazis' plan? If you keep spreading lies like this, their "history and tradition" argument falls apart!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooh, I wanna teach too!,I wanna! I wnt to be a "sexy teacher". Please?
cigarbabe:saevil:

You in front of the class with a ruler, cigar, high heels and garter belt. :wink:

It's hard enough to learn without distraction, but that many hot teachers? Now your bordering on coronaries.

I have this wicked picture of the history teachers in front of the class in garters and corsets...:eek:

Oh to be 16 again. DARN YOU WLDHONEY!! :biggrin1:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's an interesting article. Frontline: Alessandro de Medici

Alessandro de' medici/ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(edit, made many tries to get this link to work, without success, go to wikipedia, type in medici, scroll down to Alessandro, the one who was duke of Florence, not the one who was pope as Leo XI)

I read through that before making the previous post, it is kind of on a 'made for TV' level, and far from neutral. There is a link to it (with some criticism) from the Wikipedia article on him, as well as to one other.

Offhand, I can see one obvious mistake in the genealogy, in the French title of a spouse, the extremely prominant Noailles family (dukes, Counts, Grand admirals of France, Marshalls of France, knights of the order of the Golden Fleece, etc.) are not of royal descent, in France (as in Britain) the title of princess would only be given to a person of the blood royal. It would be correct if it were a title from the holy roman empire. This does not directly bear on the parentage of Alessandro, but is an indicator that other things claimed should perhaps be examined and independantly verified. And also that the article has not been peer reviewed.

I have (somewhere) an Archeology Magazine with an article on the recent opening of the crypt of the Medici Chapel, the first time this had ever been done, and it's scientific examination, and also some excavation below it.

Ancient and grand families all have some dark secrets, and some of them are even true.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ain't it the truth? Second only to fairy tales, they have messed up more young women's expectations and created a major sense of entitlement! LOL!

lol! eh, you mean the type of romance novel that messes up young womens' expectations of romance by featuring a cover illustration of a handsome guy who looks like Fabio (clutching a sword or dueling pistol) embracing a voluptuous woman.

:smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol! eh, you mean the type of romance novel that messes up young womens' expectations of romance by featuring a cover illustration of a handsome guy who looks like Fabio (clutching a sword or dueling pistol) embracing a voluptuous woman. :smile:

SpeedoGuy are you suggesting that these fine pieces of dramatic literature are misleading young women? Blasphemer! :biggrin1: Everyone knows that in real life men always have large throbbing manhoods, which they suggestively rub against a venus mound, whilst kissing and pulling her hair back.

All my men wear tight breeches and knee high leather riding boots, with shirts unbuttoned to their navels.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SpeedoGuy are you suggesting that these fine pieces of dramatic literature are misleading young women? Blasphemer! :biggrin1: Everyone knows that in real life men always have large throbbing manhoods, which they suggestively rub against a venus mound, whilst kissing and pulling her hair back.

All my men wear tight breeches and knee high leather riding boots, with shirts unbuttoned to their navels.

LOL! I guess you just have it like that! LOL! :biggrin1:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Pervese history ay? I suppose I should do a "dark meat" joke.

Hmmm, anyways, evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I find it depressing how other blacks in London (at least) seem to be so much like walking sterotypes. I feel gifted I have a mind to use and I have known many other "brothaz" who have been a pleasure to meet, but there are some people who are more "African-American" then anything else?!

As for the points about "black attitudes" I tend to feel that in most societies, "White" is the default attitude and a positive at that. If a white person does a crime, he's criminal, a black is acting natural and the WHOLE BLACK COMMUNITY IS AT FAULT. If a white person achives something good, that's a normal attitude, but why does race matter whenever a nnon-white achive anything of substance?

Meh, I can't rant as I'm a freak on many counts, but it still frustrates to some extent.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pervese history ay? I suppose I should do a "dark meat" joke.

Hmmm, anyways, evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I find it depressing how other blacks in London (at least) seem to be so much like walking sterotypes. I feel gifted I have a mind to use and I have known many other "brothaz" who have been a pleasure to meet, but there are some people who are more "African-American" then anything else?!

As for the points about "black attitudes" I tend to feel that in most societies, "White" is the default attitude and a positive at that. If a white person does a crime, he's criminal, a black is acting natural and the WHOLE BLACK COMMUNITY IS AT FAULT. If a white person achives something good, that's a normal attitude, but why does race matter whenever a nnon-white achive anything of substance?

Meh, I can't rant as I'm a freak on many counts, but it still frustrates to some extent.

Thus are the effects of the post colonized world. It is a global mindset but you are doing the right thing being the best you can be.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
hey Naughty, I seemed to miss the pic of you in slave gear! Must have been worth seeing!

---------------------------------------

On topic now:

It saddens me at times because what the proverbial "we" as a global community need are role models! We need men and women who are more than just pro-athletes and booty-girls.

Doctors, lawyers, politicians, fire-fighters, heck...even shop owners! I live in a Muslim area, so I tend to only "lurk" black areas and they're NOT the people who run the area, besides cleaning streets and keeping police busy.

I am a scientist by training and an artist by habit and I sure as hell took some "freak" choices that got me laughed at in school but I aspire to do something constructive in my life for myself, but many others will die as nothing more than cleaners or working in fast food.

I wont say there aren't a few bad apples, but the best choice my parents ever made was NOT to live in a black area, literally you don't live in those kinds of places, you go there to die. At least I can say that job opportunities in Muslim areas are thriving (if not for the locals!) and educational facillities actually want and hope to produce quality students rather than making up the numbers.

As for the whole slavery issue. I think a BIGGER issue is the fact that for many blacks WE HAVE NO HISTORY OUTSIDE OF SLAVERY.

Did blacks fight for Europe in WW2, did blacks for WW1, were there blacks in the Persian empire (as in 300), after Slavery, were the black people freed as citizens or sent home? The answers are there, but you have to look, why aren't they TAUGHT?

The UK is suffering the biggest crisis in it's history as it's very people are seperating into groups with little shared collective nationality. But it's hard to feel patriotic when you're told that you're nothing but the decendants of breeding stock bred for superior athletic ability and strength.

(Although I think someone seemed to have bred my cattle-type a bit too well!)