Who is your favorite author?

ballgagsnippleclamps

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pretty sure this isn't a repeat.

So I'm a huge fan of LP stories, and I'm always looking for new material...

So who do you like?

My personal favorite is christo and his Those Autofellatio Blues series. Not sure where he disappear to, still would love to see the ending.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate to say it but most erotic stories, even those by professional authors are extremely badly written. When it comes to amateur writing people who do it for a hobby often show their friends and families and invite their opinions, their friends say it's fabulous because they don't want to offend and the writer starts thinking they're actually a writer. If people do insist on writing amateur erotic fiction they should at least spell check it, there's nothing like a glaring spelling mistake to bring home the fact that it's by an amateur.

ballgagsnippleclamps

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I hate to say it but most erotic stories, even those by professional authors are extremely badly written. When it comes to amateur writing people who do it for a hobby often show their friends and families and invite their opinions, their friends say it's fabulous because they don't want to offend and the writer starts thinking they're actually a writer. If people do insist on writing amateur erotic fiction they should at least spell check it, there's nothing like a glaring spelling mistake to bring home the fact that it's by an amateur.

Understandable. I think literotica.com (my personal every day retreat) compensates for that by the fan ranking and comment system. Pretty easy to find a good read and then read other users feedback on it.

grumpyguy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've written nearly a hundred stories in the science fiction and mystery genres, all of varying quality and critical reception. I can tell you that erotic fiction is by the far most difficult, especially if one applies the usual professional standards. There is a finite set of characters and motivations you have to work with. Obviously, the action is even more creatively constricting. You are writing about stuff that comes from a darker part of you, not necessary a bad part but so deep as to be impenetrable by the light of words.

I understand the criticism about spell checking and that it may seem like a minor task; you’re only asking for the writer to simply proofread his work. But this genre is so exhausting that I can hardly re-read my work, even days later, I find myself ridding myself of it like a heavy weight on my back.

All this to say: give writing a shot yourself. You’re willing to share your criticism, which I’ve always found adroit, fair, and honest. .Now share something really valuable. Go down to the center of your heart, search for something valuable that you have locked in a box, take it out and show it to everyone else.

A.

grumpyguy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yea!!!!

Can you post a link...or would it give you great pleasure to know there are people on the site right now scrolling the countless pages of this section looking for the collected works of SpoiledPrincess?

Or are they on another site altogether? Maybe you could provide the Library of Congress designation?

Really. Help me out. You're my harshest critic. Link please?

A.

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When it comes to amateur writing people who do it for a hobby often show their friends and families and invite their opinions, their friends say it's fabulous because they don't want to offend and the writer starts thinking they're actually a writer.

I'm surprised! My friends and family are the last people I would show my work to, especially the erotic stuff. I'd much prefer they not even know that I'm writing my erotic stuff.

As for the rest of what I write, I'd only show my friends and family if I was already sure that it was good. I would hate to show them some junk and have them pretend to like it or make fun of me for it. I satisfy my urges for an audience with the internet, so much safer that way.

Gonad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In my experience the critics here have the consistency of rabid dogs when compared to most other sites. At least one tends to get a reaction on this site, while many sites will give about three posts of comments maximum.