Who is your favorite Superhero?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was never into comics or superheroes, but when I was around 10 there was a television show called Greatest American Hero, or something like that. Guy finds a suit and becomes a flying superhero. I loved that show! I had such a crush on that curly headed guy, too! So cute!

William Katt... he and I have the same hair! Greatest American Hero Intro - YouTube

Reactions: Parker626

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cut my teeth reading many great books of the silver and bronze age I picked up on weekend trips to the local used comic book store. Marvel, DC, Charleston, Gold Key, etc.

Early DC faves = Superman, The Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow.

Early Marvel faves = Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, Iron Fist, The Thing, Conan.

In my early days, Supes was probably the ultimate fave. But at some point, I developed a taste for Spidey's irreverent banter. Later still, I fell into the "Batman is so complicated and interesting" crowd. I had a Doctor Strange phase.

I think I've come home to Supes and Spidey again. I still find Daredevil and Iron Man interesting (their inherent flaws make them appealing to me).

If I had to pick one to hang out with: Spidey. If I had to pick one to rely on in the ultimate pinch: Supes.

The women are in a whole different category. I started on comics way before I started on puberty, so the "sexy heroine" thing was a non-concern for me for years. Not that that's the reason to favor a comic book character. Or at least, not the only reason. :wink: In later years, I went overboard fawning over all the curvy, colorful costumed ladies.

Red Sonja had some interesting adventures, and I'm grateful to her (and the pencillers) for all the bouncing boobage.[:biggrin:] Wonder Woman never did much for me. Batgirl used to do these Team-Ups with Robin, Superman, etc., that I found curiously (if unintentionally) arousing.

The Valkyrie and the Scarlet Witch....Oh I'll stop now.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
One of my favorites is miracleman which was written by alan moore {the watchman}. The key books so far from the 80s are miracleman 15 and new mutants 98. In miracleman 15{$90.00} kid miracleman basically destorys london. It became a cult book and court fights started over the character. Marvel started reprints a few months ago of the british stories and i think a new series is going to start soon. {as marvelman} But unless they get someone like alan moore/gaiman to write it it won't be a classic like the past issues were.