• Nestle

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Ritter

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters

I'm talking mainstream brands really.
Poll above, plus name ur current favourite.

Cadbury's Crunchie and Whole Nut for me, thanks. :biggrin1:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I voted for Cadbury`s!
Used to love all their chocolates when I was a kid.
When Serbia was under The UN sanctions we used to have their chocolate on every corner.
Now, I can`t find any!

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Milka with Hazelnuts

or

Weiss of Paris.

Or Ghirardelli's of San Francisco, CA, USA!

Or Valrhona.

Man, I love chocolate.

Oh! I almost forgot the Earth's finest chocolate chips, Guittard Bittersweet!

I'm going to have to go with Hershey's,their Hershey's Kisses are my favorite,as well as their almond chocolate bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with Hilly: having had (and loved) both Swiss and Belgian chocolate, the Belgians win, hands down.

Full disclosure: I dislike milk chocolate; for me it's dark/bittersweet or nothing.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I voted for Other, because once you've had Neuhaus (Chocolatier to the Belgian royal family) all competitions between chocolates become moot :p

Take a look- Belgian chocolate gifts - Belgian chocolates by Neuhaus

Under separate cover, I will send you the mailing address to which you can send your Xmas gift.
I leave it to you how generous you will be.

Where should I send the letter, hil? Is it still 666 Hershey Highway?
;-)

In other news, my own experience is that Belgian chocolate is first rate. I don't know every chocolate manufacturer, so I can't say it's the best. But it's all been damn good in my experience.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ummmm... Neauhaus! When I used to work at Rockefeller Center I used to walk over to their shop when I was having a bad day (which was quite often) for a little cheering up by chocolate. I was also 15 pounds heavier then. :redface:

D

deleted3782

I remember visiting Brussels when I was a kid, and a few streets off the Grand Place was a little shop that you could select individual chocolates from a big glass case. I'm 90% sure it was Godiva, but it could have been a different chocolatier. Whatever it was...it was the best.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
laura secord's dark chocolate covered ginger is my favourite chocolate hands down.... there unfortunately aren't many places in canada that make dark chocolate covered ginger so i can't compare theirs to anyone else's....

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get the Trader Joe's Belgium Dark Chocolate - surprisingly good and cheap and satisfying.

I also like Ghiradelli chocolate, and of course See's candies.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I get the Trader Joe's Belgium Dark Chocolate - surprisingly good and cheap and satisfying.

I also like Ghiradelli chocolate, and of course See's candies.

I love See's! Whenever I am in a town where they have a shop I buy a pound or two! I'm amazed I don't weigh a pound or 100 more than I do sometimes!

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I enjoy Neuhaus, but it strike me as a tad bourgeois. I am into more intense flavors, particularly high cacao chocolates with cacao beans, great examples come from Michael Cluizel, and Dolfin. My absolute favorite chocolate is Claudio Corallo, a vertical monopoly artisanal chocolate that is really in another league.

As an American, I have to note my favorite U.S. processed (not grown, I know) chocolate, Taza. Stone ground goodness.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ghiradelli and Callebaut make fantastic chocolate. Godiva sells amazing chocolate treats, and though they've recently gone very pre-packaged the quality is still there.

I have to say, though, that the best chocolates I've ever eaten are from small cocoa farms in South and Central America.

Milka with Hazelnuts.
Was wondering whether to put Lindt or Milka as options, but wasn't sure how well they were known outside Europe.
Milka had the best adverts with that purple cow on it. :tongue:

Butlers are nice too. :)

Belgian chocolate is nice, but was thinking of stuff you can get from your local store, which is why I didn't mention it.

Speaking of chocolate generally, Hotel Chocolat's selections are amazing. My sister's in their chocolate tasting club, and never bloody shares any. :mad: