Who or What Were You in Your Past Life?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Deja vu? Reincarnation?

Ever go someplace you have never been to before and feel like you have been there before? That some places, people or culture you have never experienced have a familiarity and draw for you? That you could swear that you have lived a previous life that seems all too familiar to you without any other explanation?

Who or what do you think you were in your past life?

What have been your experiences or encounters that make you think so?

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Deja vu? Reincarnation?

Ever go someplace you have never been to before and feel like you have been there before? That some places, people or culture you have never experienced have a familiarity and draw for you? That you could swear that you have lived a previous life that seems all too familiar to you without any other explanation?

Sadly, I was merely Shirley MacLean's dry cleaner many times over. :confused:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Deja vu? Reincarnation?

This is a fascinating subject in my opinion!
One place that I have visited numerous times where my whole being resonates with mysterious feelings of great familiarity from some ancient time is Chartres Cathedral . I cannot begin to describe the eerie feeling that overtakes me and the strange way in which I relate to everything within approximately several miles of the cathedral. As I approach the cathedral and see its two spires looming on the horizon over the wheatfields, I begin to get chills and my heart begins to palpitate as uncontrolled forces begin to draw me emotionally deep into another place and another time long ago. Inside the cathedral the light coming through the great windows and the air itself create a trance like state where I am not even conscious of what ancient ceremony I am observing and apparently obeying. After my visit, as I walk out of the great doors, and marvel at the flying buttresses, my legs and hands tremble and it is sometime before the emotions created by Chartres are stilled.
Most of my life experiences would strongly suggest that I was a powerful healer or medecin in some prior culture where my spirit may have dwelt...I get strong feelings of having been French and I believe it was about 1000 years ago! There are too many clues for me to begin to enumerate them!
I will mention one in particular that freaks me out and that is that I began dreaming in French before I was conscious of having learned how to speak French! Dreams of an older Gallic culture still come to me from time to time.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, lets say right off, that in my next life, I would like to reside in your hairy chest! :biggrin: That said.....

Although I don't believe in reincarnation, etc. and can't prove it as Shirley MacLaine can, I do have strong feelings that I lived a number of different times in the past.

One of them is as a French Knight during the Crusades with the name of Ramon. And as another Knight, from the Scottish highlands by the name of David. Both I have dreamt about, as if I were they, ever since I was a child.

Another was as an medieval French architect building great cathedrals. I even studied Architecture because of this strong feeling and the dreams that I had. This is no longer a part of my current dreams.

A young man in the Russian military and a part of the household guard during the time of Catherine the Great.

For a time I dreamt about being a peasant in ancient Egypt. I loved those dreams since everyone ran around with see through clothes!

Yes, you can very definitely "feel" as if you have been there before and done that before. Strange!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I honestly have no idea who I was in a past life. I've been told by a few people thought that they think I was John Lennon. That makes me laugh. :smile: The people who told me didn't claim to be psychics or anything, but they know about my love for The Beatles and think I have a lot of the same thoughts and beliefs as John Lennon. Kinda interesting.

I had a weird deja vu experience once in an airplane. I was 13 years old, and on a flight by myself from Las Vegas to Kansas City. I was sitting next to a woman and her husband, both in their late 30's, early 40's. The woman mentioned that I looked very familiar to her, and I had thought the same. We talked for pretty much the whole 2 hour flight back to KC, and we couldn't figure out where we knew each other from. She wasn't the parent of any of my friends, she didn't work at any of the schools I had attended, she didn't know any of my parents, it was just completely weird. I mean, I was only 13, I didn't get around THAT much. But I swear up and I down that I know her, and she said the same of me. Weird.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The first time that I went to Mykonos, Greece, I went with friends to the small island of Delos - the site of the Apollonian Festivals in classical times. It all seemed weirdly familiar and I was deeply moved with a sense of nostalgia. We looked at the ruins and I had a certainty that "this was a shop that sold wine" and "this was .....". On the way back by boat, I felt scared for no reason.

Five years later, I was introduced to a woman, who said, "I'm psychic and can get impressions of people's former lives. I can see you in Ancient Greece as a young poet and musician. There was a music and arts festival dedicated to Apollo on an island called Delos. You won an award of some kind." She faltered and then continued, "OMG, you were gang-raped by pirates on your way home and thrown overboard and drowned."

When I first saw The Lion In Winter I was riveted to the screen. I must have been ten or so. As I watched it I kept saying things like, "Richard wasn't like that at all," and, "John didn't talk like that." As I liked to read history it didn't bother my parents at all but when I said, "My mother was much quieter. You never knew what she was thinking," my mother asked me what I meant by that and I didn't know at all. As far as I was concerned, Geoffrey was me. Again, completely inaccurate in portrayal, yet I delighted in seeing my life on the screen.

I thought it a bit odd at the time and forgot it. Then I discovered that Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine were my 25th great grandparents via descent from John. That unnerved me quite a bit. I want to go to Chinon and see if it's some place I recognize at all.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have lots of jumbled memories, mammaries, nunneries, and frumpy-knees.

Unless they're borrowed memories, I recall being gay, a monk, a prostitute, a bird, and a soldier... hopefully not all in the same life. :eek:

nakeddad

Experimental Member
Media
when i was a kid, i used think that i lived before in europe somewhere in east europe, now poland/east germany probably, and my job was astronomy scientist kind of stuff, i used to think also that is why i was so good at math and science at school all my student life

rusty__

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
ever since i was a kid i have had a huge interest in Germany and especially WW2. Even now i still study the war and have spent alot of time in germany.
Maybe i was a nazi soldier or something??? who knows.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a fascinating subject in my opinion!
One place that I have visited numerous times where my whole being resonates with mysterious feelings of great familiarity from some ancient time is Chartres Cathedral . I cannot begin to describe the eerie feeling that overtakes me and the strange way in which I relate to everything within approximately several miles of the cathedral.
That is facinating Donkeyboy. I have been to Chartres and can visualize everything you have said but it did not have the same effect on me. It's not a well known cathedral here in the states so I imagine you never saw it before going there. It is strange how some rare places you just feel at home. That experience happened to me in Bologna, Italy. I ended up extending my stay there for a week. But then most people like Italy and on top of that I have a familiarity with the culture having early childhood experience with Italian neighbors.

Well, lets say right off, that in my next life, I would like to reside in your hairy chest! :biggrin:

Haha, not sure I'm going to be a fan of body lice.

The first time that I went to Mykonos, Greece, I went with friends to the small island of Delos - the site of the Apollonian Festivals in classical times. It all seemed weirdly familiar and I was deeply moved with a sense of nostalgia. We looked at the ruins and I had a certainty that "this was a shop that sold wine" and "this was .....". On the way back by boat, I felt scared for no reason.

Five years later, I was introduced to a woman, who said, "I'm psychic and can get impressions of people's former lives. I can see you in Ancient Greece as a young poet and musician. There was a music and arts festival dedicated to Apollo on an island called Delos. You won an award of some kind." She faltered and then continued, "OMG, you were gang-raped by pirates on your way home and thrown overboard and drowned."

It's hard to believe that could have been just a coincidence. Strange.

Why does no one have a past life that isn't in some way glamorous, I'd find it a lot more convincing if the occasional person came forward who said 'I was the local manure collector and I died of leprosy'.

Ha. Well here is one. My grandfather died a few weeks before I was born, much to his regret. He had been ailing and living in the same bedroom that became mine. During his last years of his declining health his diet changed drastically. He tastes switched to more vinegary foods, like pickles and salty sour dishes and foods. Dishes that he once liked like fried fish he no longer ate. My mom claims that when I was young I had the same appetite for foods that my ailing grandfather had and that she thinks that some of his spirit resides in me. We also share the same hand gestures and mannerisms I am told. This was only revealed to me a couple of years ago - well into my adulthood. Intersting to say the least but I have no memory of his life nor do I feel that I am a reincarnation of him.

I was an innkeeper during the revolution. There's some unglamour for you. Again it is odd as my fifth great grandfather was an innkeeper as well during the revolution. The inn is still standing here in town:

baird1.jpg

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response