Who REALLY pays the taxes in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Who Pays Income Taxes? See Who Pays What

The top 50% paid 97% of the taxes.

Here is who do not pay taxes:

Who Doesn't Pay Taxes

The top 10% pay 70% of the taxes. Obama says he will get even more form them but he WON"T. Its already unfair, people in the higher brackets will hide their money or lie to avoid paying more. Tax evasion.

Most people here at LPSG have no idea of how things are, no wonder you are so frustrated.

Poor people don't pay taxes and many waste the benefits given to them.

2. bigmoochie

bigmoochie New Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't go that far. If benefits to the poor are used correctly, they can help folks get on thier feet. I firmly believe that's what the vast majority of them want in the first place. Of course, there are always those who will abuse the system but, if we're being honest, that's not just true of the poor! Look at many of our politicians - on both sides of the aisle.

What does Obama think the very wealthy, of whom Biden says it's their "patriotic duty" to pay higher taxes (which is profoundly concerning), will do when they're taxed even more? The Senators running on the Dem ticket are very intelligent men. They have got to know that these very wealthy will take their money, & even their business, off shore to aviod being taxed at the higher rates. It's simple logic. Where, then, will the revenue necessary to feed an Obama presidency come from?

The rest of us who Obama has said would get a tax break. But they won't actually see that tax hike until 2010 at the earliest so, at first, there will be tax breaks for those of middle income. Obama knows this. He knows there will have to be adjustments to his tax plan. Again, he's a very intelligent man. He's also being disingenous. (A disingenous politician, say it ain't so!)

Believe me, the very wealthy are already working to take their porfolios out of the US.

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Obama needs to tax the offshore profits of global US business - it would increase the tax take by 33%.

Goosey - it's about disposeable income after tax and balancing this to the market cost of living.

The poverty rate in the US is 12% of the population. That is 50% higher than China, which stands at 8%. These figures are not absolute but based on a relative cost of living. Are you Republicans proud of this fact?

4. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Of course they're proud, it means their policies are working.

5. findfirefox

Gold Member

You're fucking insane.

I could just as easily say,

"Rich people don't pay taxes and have no idea how things are."

I pay about 1/4 of my paycheck in taxes each time, and I live paycheck to paycheck already. I don't get any benifts from the government so I don't really have anything to waste.

Now I also work for a bank that works with many state run programs and we notice that most of the time people don't get enough to even "waste".

But please move on, defend the rich people who need defending, its not like they can afford to hire a lobbyist.

6. nwuguy23

nwuguy23 New Member

Vote Mccain 08: Let's Cut Taxes On Oil Companies, They Need Its So Badly!

7. bigmoochie

bigmoochie New Member

Albums:
    findfirefox, it's not about defending the rich. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm simply saying that the rich will find a way to keep their money. When they do, the rest of us will pay.

And, Drifterwood, if Obama were to tax the offshore profits of global US businesses, they'd simply divest & work around it.

Besides, in a recession/depression - which we seriously could very well be heading toward - the answer is not to tax, tax, tax. Read a book called The Forgotten Man on the Great Depression. Could change your mind. It did mine.

8. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The top 10% also give the most to charities...

9. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Yer kidding me right? This is folly on so many fronts. Communism, what the Chinese reports and considers as.... nevermind. Carry on. Myopia abound.

10. findfirefox

Gold Member

You've labled the problem right there, its the fact that the rich can so easily find "loopholes" and such, you are in a manner of speaking saying this,

"People already steal from each other but if we worsen the punishment for doing so then they will just work harder to not get caught."

11. findfirefox

Gold Member

I give to Charities and I also give my time as well but I guess I don't give the "most" considering I don't have hundreds of millions/thousands of dollars to just throw around.

12. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Stats taken from the CIA. :wink:

The profits are already divested offshore. The question is whether it is right that US companies should pay tax on profit they make in and outside the US. I think they should. Same with any nation's companies.

13. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

No, sir you are clearly insane. I just proved beyond a shadow that rich people pay taxes. So your statement is empty headed. Plus you are profoundly ignorant.

I know for a fact, w/o even knowing your paycheck, you do not pay 25% of your paycheck in income taxes. I KNOW your financial situation better than you, which makes you ignorant of your own financial circumstance. An Ignorant person deserves his obvious unhappiness as you do.

I guarantee that what you are paying is FICA. 6.2% of that is your Social Security contribution and 1.45% is your medicare contribution. Your employer matches that to make a total of 15.3% but that you don't see. The Medicare portion, 1.45% is not limited but the SSI part tops out at $106000.

You might pay 15% of your income in income tax but thats unlikely.

Here are the Federal tax tables:

2007 Federal Tax Rate Schedules

But with earned income credits and such, you probably don't pay that.

You may have state taxes in there and unemployment taxes but you really should try to know what is happening with your money.

14. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

How about we quit bitching about who is rich and who is poor and just stop this stupid income tax bologna. Find a way to make a sales tax. Everyone - legals, illegals, rich, poor, and visitors - will be paying taxes based on what they spend.... not what "tax bracket" they fall into.

But, I've already been ousted as a crazy moonbat so I will be returning to my cave now...

15. findfirefox

Gold Member

Once again your making assumptions on my personal finical situation, and I would also like to point out that I'm a Contact Personal Banker for the sixth largest bank in the United States (that means I get calls from local bankers at branches with questions on how to assist people with their money as well as our customers).

While you are correct that a portion of my paycheck goes to SS you also fail to account for all of my Income Tax, you also seem to insinuate that you know my finances better then I do which is a pitty.

Get your facts straight you fuck head. I spend my day speaking with people who can't get their finances in order I don't think I need lessons from you.

Oh and I'm not "unhappy" your just annoying.

EDIT- You clearly did not understand my statement and you (yourself) proved absolutely nothing you just googled "some shit".

16. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

So to take YOUR finances further, if you pay 25% in tax and 7.65% is FICA, then you are paying a income tax rate of about 18%. That puts you in the $31000-$77000 bracket. People in your bracket and below pay about 10% of the entire Federal Tax load. 10%And you are bitching about that!!!!!!!!??????

What a miserable SOB and a miserly Scrooge to boot.

17. dreamer20

Gold Member

No can do. Porkaholic Palin needs those taxes to buy coffee and matchsticks to keep the Alaskians eyes open so they won't have to blink when Putan rears his head.:saroll:

j/k:wink:

18. findfirefox

Gold Member

You're are a freaking moron, lets say, lets just say, I make $31000 that means that the government in just Income Tax is taking 5580. Now I live in Oregon so I do have to pay the state another 9% of that so 2790 so I'm (not including FICA, cause I may/may not get that back) 22,630 Net. So I'm going to have about 1885 a month to spend.

Now lets say that I make 160,850, the govt. takes it share, and the state takes its share, and there still bringing home 6,000 a month. Maybe they could stop there bitching?

19. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Now there you truly have something to complain about. 9% state income tax is grossly out of whack. Time for a tax revolt. If I were you move about 400 miles to Nevada and pay 0% in income tax.

Your state is hosing you, not the Feds.

20. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    I'd rather know how much these rich people pay as a percentage of their income, I can assure you poor and middle class pay much higher. The fact that they foot 97% of taxes and still pay almost nothing just shows how much they have in the first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted