Who vill suczeed Arnold?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gymfresh, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not excited about Meg Whitman or Carly Fiorina. Republican women are bo-ring unless they're S Palin or M Bachmann. And then they're not admirable-interesting, just OMG-can't-take-my-eyes-off-the-wreck interesting.

I like Jerry Brown, but we've done Jerry Brown before. His dad, too.

Maybe we need Prince Frédéric von Anhalt of Munich, Duke of Saxony to continue the teutonization of dem goldenen Staat after the big wiener Schnitzel. And who wouldn't love Zsa Zsa Gabor, Prinzessin von Anhalt as First Lady of California? According to the JoeMyGod blogsite, Prinz Von Anhalt supports an open border with Mexico, legalized marijuana, and the overturn of Prop 8.

I think this is fair; after all, if Zsa Zsa can marry 9 men, why can't I marry my one?

Anyway, it would bring such glamor to the Governor's Mansion in Sacramento... oops, someone may need to tell Fred & Zsa Zsa they probably can't govern Kalifornien from Beverly Hills. Might reconsider running.

2. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    arnold for president

3. maxcok

Gold Member

Oh, Mary Carey all the way. :boobies2:

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

I want Mr. Zsa Zsa. It's what California deserves.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Doesn't Tila Tequila live in California?

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Random tangent- when I was still working at Starbucks here in San Diego, Arnold happened to come in on a few different occasions. I made his drink both times. So fucking cool. double decaf espresso macchiatos. He sat in the corner with aides and played chess.

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Decaf macchiato: what's the point of having one?

Seriously.

{Not directed at Tomcat, but at Arnold and the ether}

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    *shrug* I was just scared to screw up his drink! :eek:

9. maxcok

Gold Member

update on tila:
    Is currently not seeking political office. Is laying low after the mysterious death of her fiance, heiress Casey Johnson. Is seeking custody of Johnson's adopted daughter. Is 'in a family way', serving as pregnancy surrogate for her brother's child. Is one of Meghan McCain's homegirls. Is currently working on a sequel to her first phenomenally successful book, Hooking Up with Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party. So you see, her life is very full. And oh yes, she has a loft in NYC so keep your eyes peeled, she could be your neighbor. You're welcome.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    All of this is news. Horrible, horrible news.

11. cruztbone

Gold Member

Former and soon to be newly elected governor JERRY BROWN. and not a minute too soon! Good bye Arnold and good riddance. and i say this as a proud lifelong native Californian. No more Hollywood Republican actors in office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. B_Mister Buildington

Why hasn't that fucking Nazi been tried for war crimes and executed yet?

13. maxcok

Gold Member

Okay, as a recent refugee from the Left Coast, I suppose I could offer a serious response.
    I say we draft Gavin Newsom, but only if I can serve as his Chief of 'Staff'.
    (His wife tells me he has a bigun. Funny how it always comes back to this.)

14. cruztbone

Gold Member

Gavin is rumored to be considering the office of LT. governor. He is NOT done in politics. Jerry Brown has no know oppostion. He is an excellent attorney general , former Mayor of Oakland and former secretary of state for CA in addition to serving as governor for eight years (1974-82). We dont need an amateur to run CA now. We need someone who understands our needs, the budget process, the legislature and is progressive as is our beloved president Obama. The two of them are friends, which will certainly help us with such things as money to build our bullet train(which will create more than 50 thousand jobs for CA).
    We dont need Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner or Tom Campbell. Period.

15. maxcok

Gold Member

So there's still hope for me?

I'm good with him. As long as Linda Ronstadt doesn't move in.

16. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    back off biatch, if anyone is going to service his staff... oh, umm, excuse me. sorry. I misunderstood :redface:

17. maxcok

Gold Member

Relax son, I'm happy to share. Better yet, I'll put you on my staff. :cool:

18. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

It does not matter who or "whom" is elected in California. If they ever get to take office they will be the second most embattled politician in the United States. If the California Citizens elect a Democrat the only reason that the person will ever get to take office is that the Republican Party will use "whomever" under the ever waving "tax and spend" banner in total ignorance of the fact that the state under "Heir Swarzenegger's" leadership has gone nearly totally bankrupt.

Like many others, I was born and raised in California and I will always have some feelings for and love for that state. The facts however were and are that I cannot afford to live there.

The next California Governor and State Legislators will have absolutely zero choice but to raise taxes and fees in California to astronomical levels. Most California residents are now paying taxes on homes that were based on formerly inflated values. This is one of the reasons that the foreclosure level is as high as it is.

California is not the highest taxes in that Nation, but they're looking to take the number one spot away from the current leader, and they're working damn hard at it.

- - - -

If I were still a California voter, what I am seeing of Jerry Brown is interesting. His Father, Edmund G. "Pat" Brown Senior was one of the worst "pork barrel" people and was in fact a poster boy for every label that the Republicans tend to use against Democrats. To me it was "Brown Senior" that gave the Republican Party so many great and now worn out slogans. In his own term as Governor the "old" Jerry Brown was kind of a "nothing", other than he heavily favored environmentalists at a time when what they wanted was not really reasonable. Jerry Brown was and is also partially responsible for our current medical crisis. Brown refused to sign a bill that would have forbid malpractice insurance companies from insane rate increases without investigation by the State Insurance Commission. When he was originally elected there was a major problem over Malpractice Insurance Rates. Insurance Companies raised rates on all MD's exponentially at that time. (My Stepfather was one, and I remember this one in detail) These were not men with many claims against them this was everybody. At that time the highest classifications under this type of coverage was for the specialties of Anesthesiology and for Neurosurgery. Both of those specialties had their yearly premiums raised under the Brown Adminsitration to well over $100,000.00 per year and this was unheard of at the time. Previously these specialties had paid maybe a little over 1/4 of that amount per year. This forced virtually all California MD's to raise their rates to simply maintain profit in their medical practices. When they got away with it in California, the same companies then started doing this Nationwide!

The Jerry Brown of 2010? This man is a dark horse. His track record as he has matured has become far more conservative than it used to be, and he also has enough sense to look at what the long term effects of what his decisions might be.

Remember though if Jerry Brown were to be elected he will be recalled immediately. Gray Davis had a decent track record. Republican Daryl Issa and the ultra conservatives within the party filed the paperwork to begin the recall process on Gray Davis the same day Davis took office. The man did nothing wrong at the time, he was removed simply because the economy of the State of California could not be left to a man who was NOT an open checkbook to "Big Business" as usual.

I did some campaign work in California over a decade ago for several Democratic Candidates. When we started calling our "supporters" they had all been "visited" by the opposing party. One of the Candidates I campaigned for was Ralph Waite who ran against Mary Bono for Congress in the Palm Springs area. You cannot believe what was being said to voters by the representatives of the Republican Party in that area. People were told that Ralph Waite was going to "take away" their Social Security. People were told that Ralph Waite was a "baby killer" and was pro-abortion. Ralph had at one time in his life been an ordained Minister. He was definitely NOT pro-abortion, and the droning of falsehoods was amazing. One single Congressman does not have the power to "take away" anything. What was said was tailored to people's worst fears and had not resemblance to the mans views or platform.

California has proven that under the recall provisions in it's State Constitution that the vote of the people means nothing and that special interests can "remove" anybody they want after the election with a totally concocted campaign all it takes is a ton of money to do it and truth is no where in the picture.

In California you will get who or whom "Big Business" wants and it does not matter what you as a voter want one way or another.

Arnold's chances for the White House are NIL. He has made too many enemies on both sides of the "ticket" and the disasters of California will haunt him for the rest of his life. He is at the same time far too "liberal" to please the religious right and other extremely conservative elements in the Republican Party.

Arnold himself was never involved with the Nazi Party. Arnold's family and Father may in fact have been. But in fairness in Germany at that time you did what the Nazi party wanted our you were no longer useful and simply were eliminated. This was a bad time in the history of Germany and the exact role that Swarzenneger Senior played in anything has no bearing on his genetic offspring's viewpoints.

19. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    This kind of stuff seems to be mirrored in political arenas nationwide.

20. socaldude28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    everybody knows Gray Davis was recalled for tripling the car tax right after being elected promising not to raise taxes. For many that was an increase of hundreds of dollars. . . of course people got pissed!

yes, it's obvious California's government is in the hands of big business. . . That's why so many companies are leaving other states to setup shop here! lol

Draft saved Draft deleted