Who vill suczeed Arnold?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I want Mr. Zsa Zsa. It's what California deserves.

Hey. Fuck you.

Seriously though, I'm not sure.

I will say that after seeing him speak on the issue of the state's economy, I like Gray Davis a hell of a lot more than I did when he was governor. It seems he may have actually known what he was doing and that the jerk-offs who removed him from office may have precipitated the disaster that is the current state of the State.

That said, I have hopes for Cali as long as the Central Valley gets its water, the UC gets its funding, and high speed rail happens (which is looks like it will thanks to the Recovery Act).

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There are so many places that governments in California have screwed up you would be amazed. How many of you knew that what is now known as W.E.D. Enterprises which was originally known as Walter E. Disney Company offered a complete monorail system to the City of Los Angeles as a gift simply for a tax write off.

It was absolutely killed when then MTA/RTD got behind and started lobbying the City Council to forget that lousy monorail and to go to our good friends at General Motors and buy more buses! Los Angeles also had a trolly system in the old Red Cars and they also had pollution free electric buses which ran in the streets of L.A. These electric buses ran from overhead wire pickups just like trolleys, but, they had zero pollution. Again, General Motors came in and wanted those electric buses gone and they poured in enough money to remove an incredible mass transit system that was already in place. A few of those rail sections and properties have been incorporated into metro-rail but most of it was sold off!

If many of you want to really consider something interesting go to You Tube and look heavily at the maglev trains running in Japan and in Europe. A really good Maglev system could be built all the way from Blythe California to the Los Angeles Basin and from San Diego to Los Angeles as well as Santa Barbara to Los Angeles.

If any California Governor had gotten behind mass transit and a system that would work, a great deal of what happened to California could have been reduced.

The only way to market mass transit is to have a system with major advantages over the automobile. It either has to be cheaper by a wide margin OR it has to be so much faster that it allows one to take a one hour commute and reduce it to 15 minutes.

If California got ahold of their Federal $ and sent it towards state wide mass transit and invested in extremely high speed systems, most of the costs would be offset. In this day and age there is no way to offset the cost. Give the system a major advantage over private vehicles and watch it go then!

How many Californians would this employ? New jobs? California can be helped and pulled out quickly if it is done right and done quickly, but it won't be Arnold who does it.

Imagine alone how much traffic could be removed in regular commute traffic by a 100mph line between the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles. Imagine how much traffic would be eliminated by a 100mph high speed link between the valley and the beach cities.

The Recovery act can be one of the greatest things nationwide if "big business" does not siphon the money away into their pockets so it can be sent overseas with no return on investment.

We can hope that someone wakes up, be it Washington D.C. or Sacramento....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Former and soon to be newly elected governor JERRY BROWN. and not a minute too soon! Good bye Arnold and good riddance. and i say this as a proud lifelong native Californian. No more Hollywood Republican actors in office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about your Democrat led (with 30% GOP) legislature that has FUCKED up far more than the most liberal GOP governor in ANY state's history. Global warming bullshit, pro illegal, etc... Arnold did give a few go's at it, but unions and their big money crushed that initiatives if you recall.

but back to the fucked up legislature that is half at fault for the state's woes.... the other half being libtard entitlement programs pushed via ballot box voting. remember that $1B stem cell research that the state (vs. biotech) funded?

Arnold was far more a liberal than conservative. Period. End of story.