Who was that someone you met that changed your life?

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my friend B. i met her in high school. i dunno why but i've always been a target for getting made fun of/bullied at school. i was new, had just moved there. when i would walk through the hallway to my first class, people would throw shit at me and i could never figure out who it was. otherwise, i'm sure i would've kicked their ass cuz i don't put up with people's shit. also, one day, i was walking out to my car during lunch. we had off-campus lunch, which to me was AWESOME. well i got to my car and there was glue ALL over my car!! it was the white elmer's glue. i was so pissed off. it was all in the door handle so no matter what, i got glue on me. it was on the hood of my car and the windshield. i had enough after that day, and i told my mom that i wasn't going back. i went to my room and cried my eyes out the rest of the day because i was already depressed as it was, and that just made it worse. i didn't have any friends there. i had some people that i sat with in some classes but i didn't know anything about them. so i went to the alternative school there and it was the greatest experience of my life. it's where i met B. we were both going through tough times. we both believe that we saved each other. i did a complete 180. i went from getting nothing but F's to getting A's, and it was the first time that i had ever...enjoyed life. and it's when i realised that i need to take my education more seriously. i finally realised how important it is to get ahead in life. before i went to that school, i didn't give a shit about anything. i hated everything and everyone. i didn't grow up with any particular religion, but what i always admired about her was that she was religious, and she had her head on her shoulders. it was refreshing to have someone in my life that was a positive influence. she is very kind and genuine. we had the best of fun together and we've helped each other through the bad times. i had only met her father once. he passed away not too long after.

so because of her, i am who i am today.

:smile:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, discounting parents, grandparents, and lovers will be difficult
since the first two definitely were strong influences throughout my
early years and into adulthood.

Business wise, my commanding officer in the Navy, helped me develop
leadership qualities that have been invaluable through the years.

Then, of course, not to be left out...my ex wife and our family,
and my present lover of 20+ years...all whom have contributed
to making my life a complete and total JOY!

But, there is one person who did a lot to set and keep me on the
straight and narrow, pushed me when I was lazy, and loved and
encouraged me to always reach higher, and to do better than would
be expected of me. She laughed with me and she cried with me, she
tutored and studied with me, she praised me when I did well, and
encouraged me to do better when I didn't do so well. Her love was unconditional and she was my, much loved, "Nanny Emma."
I guess she would be called a Governess-Teacher-Nanny today.

Nanny Emma's mother, Nanny Cora, was my maternal grandmother's
Nanny, and then her daughter, Nanny Emma, became Nanny to my
mother and then to me and my 4 siblings. She was in her 50s when
I was born and was in her 90's when she died...still in the employ of
our family.

Those are just a few who have helped shape me and influence me.

Last edited: