Who Wears Baseball Caps?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_cosmognosis, Sep 1, 2010.

1. B_cosmognosis

B_cosmognosis New Member

Just out of curiosity, how many of you wear a baseball style cap when you dress casually, say jeans and t-shirt? How often? How do you 'rock' it? Straight ahead and sitting square or scrunched and snug? What style do you wear? Fitted? Trucker? Sports team or another type?

I like them and I've been told by a surprising number of women that they like the way I look when wearing one.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

2. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I wear one when I don't feel like fixing my hair, usually when I'm working, etc. I usually wear it straight ahead with the bill curved to the shape of my face. Sometimes, like now, I wear it backwards. The hat I always wear is adjustable and is blue faded to grey from years of wear and sweat. Gross, I know. I wash it though, but it's permanently faded. It's time for a new one!

3. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a couple of hats I'm fond of. They're all San Diego-sports related. Most of the time I'll wear it backwards

4. sillvert

sillvert Member

You know, I have to be old school about this. Granted I wear hats all the time, fitted, trucker, and western mostly to keep the sun off my bald head. However, I was raised that, when you are inside you take your hat off, no matter what type of building you are in. Now, you see guys wearing their hat, inside building, church, bars, even setting watching TV. There is a time and a place to wear a hat.

If you want to impress the lady or the girls in your life or hope to be in your life. You will tip your hat, when you say hello.

A hat should be worn, sitting straight ahead, not backwards or off to the side. If your head is misformed then you have a reason to wear it off to the side. But then you have other issues. Oh and what is with men wearing stocking hats in 90 degree temps. And take the price tage off and sticker. No one wants to see that.

I was interviewing a young man for a job, he wore a hat throughout the interview. When the inverview ended, I asked him why he wore the hat to in interview. Was there a reason for it. Since the job was inside and the interview was inside. He told me that he wears a hat 24/7 only takes it off to shower. Really, at least he showered. I told him that, if you worked for me, that my company policy was no hat in the work place. He turned down a $65,000 year job.

So please, wear you hats correctly and in the right place and time. How to Practice Male Hat Etiquette - wikiHow

5. B_cosmognosis

B_cosmognosis New Member

Thanks for the etiquette lesson, sillvert! It's okay to be old school in my book...I am a gentleman first, after all. I can't wear fedoras though, because they just don't look proper on me. :redface:

That's a very strange tale about the young man who wouldn't remove his hat. I recall a story about Vlad the Impaler...lol!

Mike_Hawk, I loooooove a well-worn baseball cap. Matter of fact, I wear mine with the bill curved to fit, too. I pull it down snug 'til it's just above my eyebrows. 'Lids' markets them as 'easy fitted' caps and they are my favorite. The front part of the cap isn't stiff like the regular caps you see worn by rappers and such. Truckers are my least favorite style, but no offense to those who choose to wear them.

I don't wear a lot of sports teams, though; I prefer athletic or designer branded caps.

#5 B_cosmognosis, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. wilseb

wilseb Member

Albums:
    I wear a baseball cap (Atlanta Braves) occasionally, on the weekends when I woke up with bedhead and don't feel like fixing my hair. I have a few that I often wear, one is fitted, the other two are adjustable. I wear them straight on with the bill curved down on the sides. Depends on how I feel, I'll flip it around and have the bill facing backwards - looks better with the fitted caps.

I agree with Sillvert about wearing a cap indoors. I will admit to wearing it indoors like the office (if I come in late on Friday or something) or shopping. If I go to a decent / nice restaurant, I take it off. If I'm going to some cheap chain, I'll keep it on.

7. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Because I am balding a little on the top, I often wear a baseball cap. They are also one of my fantasies - when worn by good looking studs.

Here are a few examples. (If any look too young, I believe they are all of age by now....I've had some on disc for several years.)

Attached Files:

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find wearing anything on my head lowers my IQ into double-digit range. Some guys look great in hats, but I've never pulled one off successfully.

9. accemb

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tend only to wear hats at the beach or out in the sun....or in the freeze of winter. I find them uncomfortable. That said, I do find baseball caps attractive on most guys.

10. Frodo46888

Frodo46888 Active Member

Men who are balding often wear a hat to hide that fact. Frankly, I find a balding pate with short haircut rather sexy.

The backwards cap may have been "cool" when it was first practiced. but now it is what I call an affectation. It's an outdated role play and suggests shallow character. I am not amused.

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I wear them on bad hair days! (They happen quite often) I also wear one at the beach or pool (see gallery) because my hair get reallllllllly blonde in the sun!

12. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I shave my head...so I wear Caps ALL the time to keep from getting sunburned. In fact... from where I am sitting now..I count 21 different hats... more are in my bedroom closet. :) and one in my gym bag soaked with sweat. *i guess I should get that out and dry it.* lol I used to rock a baseball cap with shirt and tie in my prep stage... love em!

13. B_cosmognosis

B_cosmognosis New Member

21+ hats? Wow, OCMuscleJock! So many options, how do you choose?

I've seen some people who couldn't quite pull off the whole ball cap casual look successfully, but not many.

They do provide a level of protection from the sun when I'm out running, so I guess they are functional as well as stylish. I have an actual full brimmed fishing hat that I wear when I'm out on the lake, though.

I like the ones that look like they're already 'distressed' the most...Something so cool about a well-worn (but clean, mind you) slightly tattered cap that you can grab and put on without a second though when you're having a bad hair day. In my opinion, a good ball cap is a must have accessory.

14. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    i have one particular baseball cap. its my favorite hat and i wear it everyway...front back and side...i love that hat

15. spiritsong72

spiritsong72 New Member

There's only ONE GOOD REASON to wear a baseball cap backwards.

And if you don't know the reason, I'd be happy to demonstrate... ;-)

16. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    While I take my hat off when I'm indoors, I'll wear it however I like it. While I think it looks awkward to the side, i think it looks fine backwards. And I steadfastly REFUSE to tip my hat to anyone, let alone girls. Why the fuck would I do that?

17. Azreail13

Azreail13 New Member

Facing forward with the bill bent,jack skellington trucker,hair braided out the back.

18. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I buzz my head with clippers, no guard, so I wear a cap for the same reason - sunburn. I like the look of a cap and pair of shades on a clean cut guy. My favorite cap is a navy blue and beige San Diego Padres cap. The other one that I wear is a black Scion cap that I got at an auto show. They are both the fitted style. I have about 8 others, but they sit on my closet shelf. I wear caps the regular way. I also wear a bicycle helmet every time I ride.

19. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    i do.
    have worn them since in high school as a matter of trying to be incognito with in combo. with dark sunglasses.
    had nothing to do with thinning hair. had a mop of blonde hair.
    always had the bill bent down and curled. when getting a new ball cap, curled the bill and stuck it in a tall, water glass full of warm water to make sure it had the right bend.
    low profile caps to be sure - a matter of practicality when sailing.
    i still wear them on a casual occasion on matters of no consequence.
    or if its raining and i have no umbrella.
    there is something about a ball cap with the bill bent to extreme to cover the eyes and face that somehow provides the sense of "i can't see you so therefor you can't see me" kind of thing.
    add to that dark glasses and its a silly, yet comforting security blanket.

20. laser90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Baseball cap how …….ordinary! I always have on my Assie hat!

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted