Who will be the next American President ?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. Who do you WANT it to be? Wesley Clark
2. Who do you think it WILL be? Hillary Clinton

I want Obama to win...and god forbid we be forced to allow Bill Clinton to serve 16 years in the White House. I like keeping my constitutional rights, you know? >_>
So do I! As a black woman I've only had these rights a few years compared to the white male. :mad: I'm not ready to give them up just yet.

As a thinking, educated human and American I am insulted, offended; and embarrassed by the actions of your President regarding the injustices (mildly stated) which occurred at Abu Ghraib, the Guantanamo Bay Prison Camp, the ridiculous search for WMD's and of course the vendetta against Saddam Hussein in the name of 9/11/01. I'm not saying Saddam wasn't evil; but I have yet to see a valid connection between him and the bombing of the World Trade Center.

Lest we forget the Patriot Act and of course the President's continued wiretapping which is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. obama or edwards.
2. clinton or a repub. or satan?
That's pretty much my (gloomy) view, too: on question 2, it's just a matter of choosing the form that the disaster will take.

At the beginning of this election process, the Democratic Party had the strongest field of presidential candidates that it has offered in I don't know how many years. What have Democratic voters been doing? They seem to be favoring the worst of the lot because she is the wife of a popular former president.

We don't need another President Clinton, we don't need another case of the presidency being passed from one member of a family to another (I seem to recall that we have had some bad experiences with that practice — eh?), and we sure as fucking hell don't need to have two presidents in the White House.

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I will vote for a farm animal on the Democratic ticket before I will vote for a Republican in 2008.
I like both Hillary and Obama well enough to vote for either in the general election. My first choice is John Edwards but he probably won't be nominated. I especially liked Dennis Kucinich, but he was never a serious contender.

THEEman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I will vote for a farm animal on the Democratic ticket before I will vote for a Republican in 2008.
I like both Hillary and Obama well enough to vote for either in the general election. My first choice is John Edwards but he probably won't be nominated. I especially liked Dennis Kucinich, but he was never a serious contender.

I know he was good! he just got ridiculed because of his size. I especially liked mike gravel (I never researched him fully though) but he was the best in my book, but because he was TOO different no one took him seriously and the media bit back and made fun of him and changed the public view on things. (maybe)

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would have liked to see Colin Powell be president.

I have a feeling the next president will be John McCain.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will vote for a farm animal on the Democratic ticket before I will vote for a Republican in 2008. AMEN sistah! I like both Hillary and Obama well enough to vote for either in the general election. My first choice is John Edwards but he probably won't be nominated. I especially liked Dennis Kucinich, but he was never a serious contender.
Why is that? On paper he should have been a prime candidate. Is it because Americans are shallow and we won't vote for someone who looks like a character on Davey and Goliath.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why is that? On paper he should have been a prime candidate. Is it because Americans are shallow and we won't vote for someone who looks like a character on Davey and Goliath.

Americans do not vote for themselves; they let the media and celebrities tell them who to vote for. Currently the flavor of the moment is Barrack Obama. Tommorow it might be someone else.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Huckabee or Romney. We need someone with actual and real management expertise to run our bloated government. Obviously I'm not impressed by those with legislative experience, if you can call it that.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Want: someone
will be: too early to tell.

I don't think Hillary can win, since there are a great number of people who dislike the Clintons, and her husband as of late has been acting like a pit bull towards others in regard to Hillarty.

I don't want Mitt Romany or Mike Huckabee for president. They're potentually scary, leaning towards theocracy.

Wait and see.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Since I reached voting age I've been through Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. None of them has had a significant positive or negative effect on my or my family's well-being. Why? I'm a white man who went to college. I hate to say it, but I'm at the top of the food chain in every way that counts and no single officeholder at any level can do very much to harm me. I don't apologize for it and I work at my own level to change things, but that's the way it is.

My answer: It doesn't matter who the next president is. Real change takes place slowly in the United States. Our government is designed to work that way.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since I reached voting age I've been through Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. None of them has had a significant positive or negative effect on my or my family's well-being. Why? I'm a white man who went to college. I hate to say it, but I'm at the top of the food chain in every way that counts and no single officeholder at any level can do very much to harm me. I don't apologize for it and I work at my own level to change things, but that's the way it is.

My answer: It doesn't matter who the next president is. Real change takes place slowly in the United States. Our government is designed to work that way.

A little self-absorbed, don't you think? If you or a member of your family were serving in the US armed forces, and especially if they were among the thousands of Americans who have been killed or wounded in the war that our current president started, I doubt that you would say that it "doesn't matter" who is president.