Who will run for President in 08?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Place your bets.

2. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

Bobcat Goldthwait

3. GoneA

Gold Member

I think both Condi and/or Hilary may.

4. Shelby

Gold Member

In my dreams Shelby Steele.

Realistically, I'd like to see Jim Leach for the Republicans and John Edwards for the Democrats.

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I don't know who it WILL be, but it SHOULD be ME!

6. Matthew

Gold Member

R: John McCain

D: Someone who can manage to lose against all odds

7. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

R: John McCain
    D: Hillary Clinton

She'll get the high ratings for competence and abilities, but more voters will vote for a male candidate. I guess the time for a female president hasn't come yet, and won't come before 2012.

Bruce

8. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    what difference does it make?

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;25 PM) [post=357962]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]
    ? What an odd question. The difference it makes is the direction our misguided government will take in the future. Unfortunately, as you can see from the above responses, the misguided faith in the 2-party system is still alive and well, and will continue to assure that our government will drain us, not work for us, and will be as corrupt as the voters allow it to be.

10. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    American citizens get to vote, therefore to some extent they deserve what the result is.

The rest of the world just gets to watch, and then has to endure the result.

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rawbone8 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 04&#58;01 PM) [post=357991]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    American citizens get to vote, therefore to some extent they deserve what the result is.

The rest of the world just gets to watch, and then has to endure the result.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes, most American citizens DO get to vote, but not all. Even at that, in presidential elections, the votes of the people are really not relevant - the votes of the electoral college make the final decision. In theory, they should vote as the people do, but that is not required, and in some instances, it forces results contrary to the majority vote. If memory serves me correctly (which it often does not) all electors for a given state are required to vote for the same candidate. So in a close race, depending upon the distribution of popular votes, the electors could be placed in a position to elect a candidate who earned fewer popular votes. An archaic system, at best. And in any election, the two-party system is so deeply entrenched that a third-party candidate has greater difficulty getting on the ballot, and an independent has almost no chance at all - so we, as voters, are often put in the position of having only two candidates from which to choose. If I were to make a restaurant analogy, if the only two items on the menu are rancid beef or rancid pork, you can choose one rancid entree, or choose not to eat at all. The power base of the democratic and republican parties can effectively quash any competition from a candidate who is actually QUALIFIED.

12. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

Republican: John McCain

I&#39;m actually interested to know what some of you Democrats think of him.....evil or the best choice for a Repub guy?

13. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

There&#39;s no doubt he&#39;s gearing up for a bid in 2008, him falling in lock step behind his party&#39;s message was a direct appeal to their base. Which also caused me to lose my respect for him. Blatant pandering is never a good thing, especially when you know he isn&#39;t all that sincere about it.

14. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east &#039;neath the willow tree? Sex
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 3 2005, 07&#58;54 PM) [post=357988]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;25 PM) [post=357962]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]
    ? What an odd question. The difference it makes is the direction our misguided government will take in the future.[/b][/quote]
    aaand ... my question still stands. I meant what actual DIFFERENCE would you expect in anything meaningful or applicable to YOUR life? I&#39;m not talking about political cosmetics, I mean the actual nature and effects of the government itself.

15. B_HappyHammer1977

Didn&#39;t I hear that Christopher Walken was going to go up for some post in the future? Or was that tabloid rubbish?&#33;

16. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

17. B_HappyHammer1977

18. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east &#039;neath the willow tree? Sex
    awww, shit. walken is probably the only guy i&#39;d ever vote for, too [​IMG]

19. Onslow

Gold Member

Karl &#39;The Doughboy&#39; Rove (unless he is in jail)

Maybe it&#39;s time for Jeb Bush.

Bill O&#39;Reilly?

What the country really needs is a president with the first name of Otis [​IMG]

Hoping the next president is a hardline conservative [​IMG]

Hey how about Antonin Scalia?--wonder who we can get to replace him on teh Supreme Court bench.

20. B_cricketsliar

B_cricketsliar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;34 PM) [post=357905]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Place your bets.
    [/b][/quote]

REPUBLICAN

COLLIN POWELL
    CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN

DEMOCRAT

HILLARY CLINTON
    JOHN EDWARDS

Draft saved Draft deleted