99% Gay, 1% Straight
R: John McCain

D: Someone who can manage to lose against all odds

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
R: John McCain
D: Hillary Clinton

She'll get the high ratings for competence and abilities, but more voters will vote for a male candidate. I guess the time for a female president hasn't come yet, and won't come before 2012.

Bruce

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;25 PM) [post=357962]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
what difference does it make?
[/b][/quote]
? What an odd question. The difference it makes is the direction our misguided government will take in the future. Unfortunately, as you can see from the above responses, the misguided faith in the 2-party system is still alive and well, and will continue to assure that our government will drain us, not work for us, and will be as corrupt as the voters allow it to be.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
American citizens get to vote, therefore to some extent they deserve what the result is.

The rest of the world just gets to watch, and then has to endure the result.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rawbone8 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 04&#58;01 PM) [post=357991]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
American citizens get to vote, therefore to some extent they deserve what the result is.

The rest of the world just gets to watch, and then has to endure the result.
[/b][/quote]
Yes, most American citizens DO get to vote, but not all. Even at that, in presidential elections, the votes of the people are really not relevant - the votes of the electoral college make the final decision. In theory, they should vote as the people do, but that is not required, and in some instances, it forces results contrary to the majority vote. If memory serves me correctly (which it often does not) all electors for a given state are required to vote for the same candidate. So in a close race, depending upon the distribution of popular votes, the electors could be placed in a position to elect a candidate who earned fewer popular votes. An archaic system, at best. And in any election, the two-party system is so deeply entrenched that a third-party candidate has greater difficulty getting on the ballot, and an independent has almost no chance at all - so we, as voters, are often put in the position of having only two candidates from which to choose. If I were to make a restaurant analogy, if the only two items on the menu are rancid beef or rancid pork, you can choose one rancid entree, or choose not to eat at all. The power base of the democratic and republican parties can effectively quash any competition from a candidate who is actually QUALIFIED.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by TexAssgirl

Republican: John McCain

There&#39;s no doubt he&#39;s gearing up for a bid in 2008, him falling in lock step behind his party&#39;s message was a direct appeal to their base. Which also caused me to lose my respect for him. Blatant pandering is never a good thing, especially when you know he isn&#39;t all that sincere about it.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 3 2005, 07&#58;54 PM) [post=357988]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;25 PM) [post=357962]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
what difference does it make?
[/b][/quote]
? What an odd question. The difference it makes is the direction our misguided government will take in the future.[/b][/quote]
aaand ... my question still stands. I meant what actual DIFFERENCE would you expect in anything meaningful or applicable to YOUR life? I&#39;m not talking about political cosmetics, I mean the actual nature and effects of the government itself.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
awww, shit. walken is probably the only guy i&#39;d ever vote for, too
<

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Karl &#39;The Doughboy&#39; Rove (unless he is in jail)

Maybe it&#39;s time for Jeb Bush.

Bill O&#39;Reilly?

What the country really needs is a president with the first name of Otis
<

Hoping the next president is a hardline conservative
<

Hey how about Antonin Scalia?--wonder who we can get to replace him on teh Supreme Court bench.

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;34 PM) [post=357905]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Place your bets.
[/b][/quote]

REPUBLICAN

COLLIN POWELL
CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN

DEMOCRAT

HILLARY CLINTON
JOHN EDWARDS