Who will vote Republican/Tea Party in 2012?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sargon20, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sargon20

Gold Member

As a contra-affair to The Other thread who will vote Republican/Tea Party in 2012 given that the 'Party of Ideas' is really the Party of Failed Ideas as exemplified by Bush's Reign of Error. Also given there isn't a single Bush action from ruinous tax cuts to a $3 trillion dollar vanity war that today's Republican/Tea Party wouldn't do all over again. Has amnesia swept the United States? Are we really the United States of Amnesia?

2. chicagosam

Gold Member

Who will vote Republican/Tea Party in 2012?

As for me, a resounding
    HELL, No!

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Considering how the members of the parTEA are so adamant in ignoring advice and statistics from experts and non-partisan sources just out of principle, I can't see myself voting for any of them... out of principle. Besides, the parties I go to are much better, and the tea we serve is Long Island style. :biggrin:

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

evidently, quite a few (i.e., a majority) likely voters would pick ANY Republican over Obama:

Last week, the generic Republican received 48% of the vote, the highest level of support yet, while the incumbent earned 43%. The GOP candidate has now out polled the president in eight of 11 surveys conducted weekly since early May.

Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot - Rasmussen Reports

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Unfortunately, "any Republican" isn't running. :rolleyes:
    And as soon as you replace "any Republican" with an actual name, the polls go the opposite direction. Kinda sad how that works... a bunch of people who are so pissed off that they'd want "anyone", but don't know who that "someone" is. That's called hate... and boy, it's SO in this season!

6. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

All that means is that people will vote for anything labeled republican. The party of fiscal responsibility, strong moral convictions, and a belief in the fundamentals that founded this country has mutated (that's right- like an ordinary person exposed to nuclear radiation in a 1950's B movie) into something completely and wholly unrecognizable to anyone who believes in or is in anyway aware of the history of Republican convictions and policies and the resulting circumstances after the fact.

It's very easy for those of us on the left to vilify the conservative right, because they give us so much fucking ammunition! But just like Michael Moore doesn't stand for and represent everything I hold to be truth and believe in with all my patriotic wherewithal, neither does the Tea Party speak for the true right of the political spectrum. Not every conservative Republican is a history inept, vote-seeking, hypocritical narcissist bent on reenacting Caligula in the Oval Office (Palin.)

Will I vote Tea Party? Of course I won't. Will I dismiss everything coming from the right? Absolutely I will not. The idea, just like in dieting, is all things in moderation; I won't eliminate any idea based entirely on the agenda it stems from. That's important (at least I think so) in order to avoid being bought and paid for by anybody, right or left wing.

JSZ

7. houtx48

Gold Member

Put you darling Crazy Eyes up on the ballot today against Obama and we'll see where the cards fall.

8. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    So what you're saying is "None of the Above" beat out all current republican candidates and the President.

9. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    I will vote for a loony toons tea party candidate each and every single time. I can think of no way to sink that movement faster than to actually get a few of them into office. Of course, we'll have to elect some adults the following election to clean up their mess... but I'm ok with that at this point.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Hey, if Richard Pryor could sell it... :wink:

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

actually what the results of the poll seem to be saying is "Anyone BUT Obama!"

12. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

Which really translates into "We'll take anyone who is White."

JSZ

13. sargon20

Gold Member

I mean REALLY???

Top of the GOPs

RNC chairman candidates must name their political hero, aside from Ronald Reagan, defend marriage, and reveal how many guns they own.

14. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    But polls can only answer "who not?" in this case. Of the list of ACTUAL candidates, Obama still wins.

15. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    It is a shame that in the Republican party today, being sane is actually a disqualifying attribute.

16. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

waiting to see Rick Perry's name thereon (I still think he's hot, BTW :love: )

"... “Texas has been a superstar in economic development. You know, California’s demise has been to Texas’s benefit. They’re out there taking industry and business out of California every day,” Branstad said. “I think Texas has kind of led the way.
    ... Some have speculated that if on the ballot, Perry could be very successful among Iowa voters for his stance on social issues and as a pro-business governor other than Mitt Romney. As governor of Texas Rick Perry has lead his state to the number one or two spot over the last five years in CNBC’s annual “Top States for Business” ranking, and since assuming office in January 2001 Texas has had a 12.5 percent job-growth rate, higher than the rate for any other state with a former governor in the 2012 presidential field...."

Iowa Governor Sees Rick Perry Running For President in 2012 | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And yeah, Perry's gonna have a HARD time trying to convince anyone outside of the Republican party how just a few years ago he wanted his state to secede from the country. Now he wants to be the president of it? And there's also the issue of a possible sex scandal with another male. I'm sure the religious fanatics are gonna just love hearing about that. Hopefully they pick him and put Bachmann as VP.

Rick Perry & Michelle Bachmann - The Batshit Bible Belt ticket.
    Even "any Republican" sounds better than they do. :biggrin:

18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

yes, of course -- his massive failures and the disastrous direction of his policies have nothing to do with it :wink:

19. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

what?!?!?

do tell!

inquiring lustful, lascivious minds want to know!
    :yup:

20. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    Lowest state for education
    Highest state for child poverty (and then gutted child services as poverty hit 25%)
    State with the worst air pollution
    State with the lowest number of people per capita with health insurance. Perry claims the highest, but that would actually be Massachusetts and Hawaii... both with state insurance programs and mandatory enrollment.
    And Perry's "rich" Texas with a balanced state budget was a huge lie.

Draft saved Draft deleted