Who will vote Republican/Tea Party in 2012?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lowest state for education
Highest state for child poverty (and then gutted child services as poverty hit 25%)
State with the worst air pollution
State with the lowest number of people per capita with health insurance. Perry claims the highest, but that would actually be Massachusetts and Hawaii... both with state insurance programs and mandatory enrollment.
And Perry's "rich" Texas with a balanced state budget was a huge lie.

yet, somehow, the State was creating jobs during the melt-down, while the other forty-nine States were losing them (and their citizens exited in droves)

the State that is showing what is probably the best inter-race relations (just compare with the human condition in New York, or California -- solidly blue States)

the State that California is sending teams to to better understand and emulate

the State with solid credit ratings of its,and its municipalities' credit ratings

as afr as schools, what you say has been true in the past -- that is rapidly changing, and how long can States that are insolvent (i.e., California) continue to fund its educational system?

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yet, somehow, the State was creating jobs during the melt-down, while the other forty-nine States were losing them (and their citizens exited in droves)

the State that is showing what is probably the best inter-race relations (just compare with the human condition in New York, or California -- solidly blue States)

the State that California is sending teams to to better understand and emulate

the State with solid credit ratings of its,and its municipalities' credit ratings

as afr as schools, what you say has been true in the past -- that is rapidly changing, and how long can States that are insolvent (i.e., California) continue to fund its educational system?

That Texas was creating jobs while others were losing them is more reflective of BIG BAD CONTROLLING GOVERNMENT than anything else. People in Texas are not allowed to use their house as an ATM via the HELOC process. That is the BIGGEST reason that Texas is where they are today... it was nothing that Perry did and is in fact a GOVERNMENT REGULATION OF THE FREE MARKET that did it.

The state systems that are insolvent will still be teaching who Thomas Jefferson is.... they didn't take him out of their history books because he was "too liberal" Old history books with facts are better than new history books with fiction.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gee! I wonder if there'd be overlap?

Then, again, I don't see how there couldn't, since every Obama initiative has been, or will be, a disaster for the republic

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That Texas was creating jobs while others were losing them is more reflective of BIG BAD CONTROLLING GOVERNMENT than anything else. People in Texas are not allowed to use their house as an ATM via the HELOC process. That is the BIGGEST reason that Texas is where they are today... it was nothing that Perry did and is in fact a GOVERNMENT REGULATION OF THE FREE MARKET that did it.

The state systems that are insolvent will still be teaching who Thomas Jefferson is.... they didn't take him out of their history books because he was "too liberal" Old history books with facts are better than new history books with fiction.

actually, economists have reached pretty much a different conclusion:

“… Economically, Texas is just too much for California to handle. At the state level, there are six broad categories in which the states compete: taxes on labor income, taxes on capital income, taxes on consumption, overall tax environment, government spending policies and government regulatory policies. On net, Texas’s economic environment is more competitive in all these categories. …”
http://www.alec.org/am/pdf/tax/09RSPS/09RSPS_chap2.pdf

Quast

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I sure as hell won't be voting for the Republican/Tea Party in 2012. The only scenario in which I could see me doing that is if Huntsman's the nominee, but he won't be considering he has a brain.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
actually, economists have reached pretty much a different conclusion:

“… Economically, Texas is just too much for California to handle. At the state level, there are six broad categories in which the states compete: taxes on labor income, taxes on capital income, taxes on consumption, overall tax environment, government spending policies and government regulatory policies. On net, Texas’s economic environment is more competitive in all these categories. …”
http://www.alec.org/am/pdf/tax/09RSPS/09RSPS_chap2.pdf

California is its own basket of bad policy...

The economy of Texas is sounder because of its financial policies outside of taxes.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tea Party baby.

All the way.

Dems stink, Repubs disappoint me.

The whole current systems stinks. We need to end this unlimited democracy with illegally imported and bribed democratic votes.

Exactly! The only way for us to become a better country is to mirror the exact course of Germany starting around 1933.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is no "tea party". Just disgruntled Republicans in drag who think we can't see what's under their skirts. They all run under the (R) just like all the rest of them. And until they can shed that moniker and stand as their own real party, I'll never refer to them as an official political party.

How hard is it to be the party of (T)?

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Tea Party, no
Republican, maybe it would depend who the candidate is.
Democrat, maybe, it would depend who the candidate is, I will not vote Dem. if it's Obama. He has made too many missteps and too many of the downtrodden have been trod on even more. It's not just that he hasn't done many of the things which were on his CHANGE platform, he hasn't even addressed them.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't you mean can't see behind their hoods?
I believe you have your parties confused -- the white hoods were, and are, the liberal Dems:

[FONT=arial, HELVETICA]The Democratic Party’s war against African-Americans continued after the Civil War (which many Democrats in fact opposed, often working actively to undercut the Union war effort). Democrats, both north and south fought the attempt to implement the equality for African-Americans gained at such a high cost. This opposition was often violent. Indeed, the Ku Klux Klan operated as the de facto terrorist arm of the national Democratic Party during Reconstruction.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, HELVETICA]"Affirmative action" has become the touchstone of Democratic racial politics. Democrats portray anyone who opposes affirmative action as racist. But affirmative action, as currently practiced, is racist to the core. It is based on the assumption that African-Americans are incapable of competing with whites. It represents the kind of paternalistic racism that would have done honor to Calhoun. For the modern liberal Democratic racist as for the old-fashioned one, blacks are simply incapable of freedom. They will always need Ol’ Massa’s help. And woe be to any African-American who wanders off of the Democratic plantation. Ask Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, or Ward Connerly. Although they echo the call for a "color-blind society" that once characterized the vision of Martin Luther King Jr., they are pilloried as "Uncle Toms" of "Oreos" by such enforcers of the Democratic plantation system as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

[/FONT]The Democratic Party’s Legacy of Racism by Mackubin T. Owens
[FONT=arial, HELVETICA]
[/FONT]

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"waiting to see Rick Perry's name thereon (I still think he's hot, BTW :love: )"
I doubt there is a chance in hell that another Texan would elected after the last disaster we thrust up the country. Also remember why Rick Perry is where he is today if not for Zippy W. he would still be legislator from Podunk, Texas

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
evidently, quite a few (i.e., a majority) likely voters would pick ANY Republican over Obama:

Last week, the generic Republican received 48% of the vote, the highest level of support yet, while the incumbent earned 43%. The GOP candidate has now out polled the president in eight of 11 surveys conducted weekly since early May.

Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot - Rasmussen Reports

At this point in my humble perspective -- I'd like to see who's on the Board of Directors at Rasumussen and what their corporate connections are!:biggrin1::biggrin1: