Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
both these guys are so vague...

"I'm going to increase education, cut bureacracy, find new jobs, ensure safety to the country..."

no specifics, and no counter or drill down from that carcass Tom Brokaw.

oh god... we're f'd for the next 4 years...

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I think Obama made a key error right in the beginning.
His campaign knew that McCain would come out attacking so Obama did too. That is all good and well if you want to stoop to that and not really talk about how we are going to fix the economy.

IMO, all Obama needed to do, right off the bat, was say that if you are not talking about how to solve the problem, you are part of the problem and attacking is part of the same old political problem. McCain would have been completely disarmed right at the start and every time he blamed the Dems or Obama, Obama could have again repeated it. With McCain disarmed, it would have forced him to talk about something that he admits he knows nothing about.

The only other mistake I see Obama making is that he is not calling people by their first names.

However, generally, I think Obama is holding his own in this format. Seeing as how he is ahead in the polls anywhere from 5 to 9 points, that is probably his own intention, holding his own.

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is going to completely get us of oil in 10 years, put in national healthcare....

who the hell is going to pay for that?

Oh, and his third bullet... the obligatory "improve/increase education".

Can all politicians stop the education bullshit?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy shit... Obama wants to provide a tax cut for 95% of Americans... yet gets on the moon of energy within 10 years, deploy a national healthcare system, and improve education across the nation.

Ummmmmmmm, so where is the money going to come from?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I did a shot for everytime McCain said "friends" ... oh wait, I have.

The picture keeps cutting out here... anyone else in the Carib getting shitty coverage?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WOW!!!! Can we hold Obama to going into Pakistan and taking out BinLaden? What do the Pakistanis feel about that?

Me thinks, he'll just talk to Pakistan about it, while the guard in the US is let down, and "rights are restored" and all surveillance is pulled under the grounds of being unconstitutional.

We woulda gotten Bin Laden years ago, if we could.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is going to completely get us of oil in 10 years, put in national healthcare....

who the hell is going to pay for that?

Oh, and his third bullet... the obligatory "improve/increase education".

Can all politicians stop the education bullshit?

Add to that the financing of Latvia and Estonia...

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Add to that the financing of Latvia and Estonia...

Why have you triple posted once and double-posted twice in this thread? Stop spamming.

This debate was pretty terrible for both Obama and McCain. I stand by my original comment - Bob Barr won this debate by not participating.

It is amusing, I must say, that McCain has repeatedly stated that he knows how to catch Bin Laden, yet has not yet revealed his plan to anybody. Blackmailing 300 million people for their vote is funny.

Will we all die to terrorist attacks if we don't vote for him? What if McCain falls down, and can't get up? :eek: Will Bin Laden be free forever? Everybody panic!

Better start praying.