Who Won The Debate Tonight?

jtr121

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think Barack did a great job tonight and John kind of made himself look like the fool that he is.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Barack did a great job tonight and John kind of made himself look like the fool that he is.

to me he didnt kinda he did show the fool he is and has been . but most of all he still kept right on lieing like always. and im so sick of hearing about the braclet thing i mean is that the only person he has talked to sence the war? im glad obama said he had a braclet to. shows there are others who dont want there son or anyones son to die for nothing. i mean how stupid can you be acording to mcsame sence the ladys son got killed we have to keep letting others mothers sons get killed so she will feel better. i do feel bad for her and anyone who has lost a son or daughter in this war, but this is wrong to keep this sort of thing going like mccain is using this women and her son for his political gain.
i have cousins and real close realitives still over there who have had this stop lost crap of bush and mccain pulled on them and others like them who cant come home.yes obama won hands down in my view. GO OBAMA

Last edited:

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think McCain looked like a much better leader tonight, regularly taking the lead and leaving Obama to have to begin his responses with "yeah, what he said" lol. But seriously, was it just me or did a lot of those questions start with McCain with an Obama follow-up? It was if they wanted to hear McCains experienced answer while Obama copied McCain's answers as he spoke... Obviously that isn't the case but it just came off that way.

My verdict was that McCain won it pretty handily, but I was very impressed with Obama. Especially because he somehow spoke for over a half hour (combined) having only said "Uhhh" a few times and never really pausing for long periods of time like he usually does without a teleprompter. I'll even go so far to say that after tonight's performance, he should ditch the teleprompter. His handlers obviously don't have faith in him, and I think they are wrong.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
to me he didnt kinda he did show the fool he is and has been . but most of all he still kept right on lieing like always. and im so sick of hearing about the braclet thing i mean is that the only person he has talked to sence the war? im glad obama said he had a braclet to. shows there are others who dont want there son or anyones son to die for nothing. i mean how stupid can you be acording to mcsame sence the ladys son got killed we have to keep letting others mothers sons get killed so she will feel better. i do feel bad for her and anyone who has lost a son or daughter in this war, but this is wrong to keep this sort of thing going like mccain is using this women and her son for his political gain.
i have cousins and real close realitives still over there who have had this stop lost crap of bush and mccain pulled on them and others like them who cant come home.yes obama won hands down in my view. GO OBAMA
I feel that McCain won but Obama did well too but he did look frustrated lot. I wish that John would have meet Barack more on some issues. I felt that there was to much finger pointing and that the candidates to to compromise on more issues. As far as our soldiers dying for no reason that's just false the gave their lives for our freedom and to help Iraq achieve democracy too.

Yes, Obama won. CNN and ABC both gave the debate to Obama. And tonight's topic was suppose to be McCain's strongest topic.
Both CNN and ABC have liberal bias views.

yayme

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think McCain won although not handedly. He didn't stumbled with the exception of the Syrian president's name and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about, even if I disagree with him. Most of the foreign policy discussion went over my head anyways so I wouldn't be able to detect if and when he lied.

80deezel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama was a little agitated and Mccain was just plain angry.
It was even.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The viewers speak:
Here's the CNN poll, conducted among debate-watchers:
Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the best job in the debate -- Barack Obama or John McCain?
Obama 51%
McCain 38% Did _______ do a better or worse job than you expected?
Obama: Better 57%, Worse 20%, Same 23%
McCain: Better 60%, Worse 20%, Same 18%
Next, regardless of which presidential candidate you support, please tell me if you think Barack Obama or John McCain would better handle each of the following issues:
• The war in Iraq: Obama 52%, McCain 47%
• Terrorism: McCain 49%, Obama 45%
• The economy: Obama 58%, McCain 37%
• The current financial crisis: Obama 54%, McCain 36%
Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think each one better described Barack Obama or John McCain during tonight's debate:
• Was more intelligent: Obama 55%, McCain 30%
• Expressed his views more clearly: Obama 53%, McCain 36%
• Spent more time attacking his opponent: McCain 60%, Obama 23%
• Was more sincere and authentic: Obama 46%, McCain 38%
• Seemed to be the stronger leader: Obama 49%, McCain 43%
• Was more likeable: Obama 61%, McCain 26%
• Was more in touch with the needs and problems of people like you: Obama 62%, McCain 32%
Based on what _______ said and did in tonight's debate, do you think he would be able to handle the job of president if he is elected?
Obama 69%-29%
McCain 68%-30%
And the numbers released so far from the CBS poll of undecided debate-watchers: 39% said Obama won, 25% said McCain won, and 36% said it was a draw. Forty-six percent said their opinions of Obama went up, compared to only 31% who said the same about McCain. On the economy, 66% said Obama would make the right decisions, compared to 44% who said the same for McCain.