Whole Grain Pasta

just_a_girl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what? I'll take your word for it. I make my own pasta and I just can't bring myself to make it with whole grain flour.

I apologize for hijacking...

Once again nudeyorker, you have caused my heart flutter. :love:

Now back on track...whole grain pasta is not my preference.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I love Integrale (as they call it in Italy) it's been a feature of my diet for years, and it's good for you too, I'm also a brown rice fan too, oh and brown bread, I find wholegrain products just have more flavour than white ones.

Mind you there are many Italian dishes I simply couldn't serve with wholegrain pasta, because they have to be served in the traditional manner or they don't taste right.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Whole grain pasta is all we ever eat, doctor's orders. Sometimes we make our own, too!

The trick with it is to bring the water to a boil, add the pasta, and when it is all under water, turn off the heat. It will not overcook that way. Draining it promptly is not so important that way either.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll say this......by itself with butter....yea...not that much a fan although I can eat it still.

But yea - with the sauce and my meatballs.... You'd nevah know!

And yea - it is good for ya. I use the Barrilla which I think is 50% whole grain...

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the only pasta I like to eat. And not just because it is 1000 times healthier than regular pasta. Once you get used to it regular pasta tastes soggy and nasty in comparison. Cut up some asparagus and some grilled chicken chunks with some arrabiata sauce and you have a feast.

Media
I get the organic whole wheat pasta from Trader Joe's, cook it up, add some low sodium marinara and stir in some Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese. Yum. (mini lasagna without the meat)

I have dietary restrictions. Wheat is not one of them.

Other pastas are great too.

Last edited:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The trick with it is to bring the water to a boil, add the pasta, and when it is all under water, turn off the heat. It will not overcook that way.
For anyone who cares, that's also the trick to cooking hot dogs without splitting them.
Back O.T. - I love the whole grain pastas. Just had some for dinner this evening in fact. :wink:

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me, pasta is almost sacred! I love all forms, sauces, etc...it's gotta be al dente, too. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: I've never tried the whole grain. Doesn't it cause people to, well, ... shit bricks the next day?:eek::confused: