Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I switched from white pasta to whole wheat pasta 3 years ago. I make a pretty decent home made Italian tomato sauce and a zippy pesto sauce. Add some Pecorino Romano cheese, and you're good to go. Whole wheat pasta is better for you than pasta made from refined white flour.

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This week I'm trying out whole wheat pasta with flax in it. Has a good dose of Omega-3's; hopefully it tastes as good as it is for you.

Last edited:

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This week I'm trying out whole wheat pasta with flax in it. Has a good dose of Omega-3's; hopefully it tastes as good as it is for you.

I eat Barilla plus, which sounds similar to your description. It's really great, and I can't imagine going back to regular pasta again. It doesn't have the "cardboard" taste that others on the thread have described. I'm not sure whether or not it is technically whole wheat or whole grain, but it does have 7g of fiber per serving.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
YUCK, unless the sauce is outstanding, its totally un-edible to me. And if you only eat pasta in moderation, stick with the white flour stuff....

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I eat Barilla plus, which sounds similar to your description. It's really great, and I can't imagine going back to regular pasta again. It doesn't have the "cardboard" taste that others on the thread have described. I'm not sure whether or not it is technically whole wheat or whole grain, but it does have 7g of fiber per serving.

Barilla Plus is good, too!

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love whole wheat pasta. Actually, it's the only kind of pasta I eat. I try not to eat flour at all, but if I do I prefer whole wheat.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been eating whole wheat pasta for a while, ever since I became diabetic and can no longer eat bleached flour. I've tried a few different brands including some rather expensive ones. Some I find horrid even with a good sauce so I've settled on cheap and cheerful Catelli.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I only ever eat wholewheat pasta. I love it with puttanesca sauce and grated cheese! I also only eat wholemeal bread and brown rice. Call me sad (or something!) but I prefer them.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been making my own pasta from scratch for years...usually using regular white flour (sometimes with some duram semolina mixed in). But this thread made me decide to make one from whole wheat flour. While it does not have the wonderful texture of regular white pasta, homemade whole wheat pasta is much, much better tasting than regular store bought (as is, of course, true with white flour pasta when compared with store bought regular pasta.) If you really want to experience what pasta should be, I really suggest that you try to make your own. It is so easy...I make it three times a week! If you can cook at all, you can be an expert in a week. If you bake now, you already are...dough is dough!