whoops, Someone accidently cured A.I.D.S Maybe

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This isn't.
HIV/AIDS does not exist as a behavior modification tool, it is an indiscriminate killer. If, and when, it can be eradicated, it should, without hesitation.

i never said that we should hesitate in destroying the virus. i would love to see it happen. and i never said HIV/AIDS was strictly a gay disease. i'm sayin that, with the threat of an incurable disease taken off the table, peoples are gonna have a lot of unprotected sex.

I'd love to see a return to the days of complete hedonistic sex. Sex is pleasurable and fun. If you want to be promiscuous then be promiscuous. If you don't then don't. Judging someone else's sexual behavior is what makes LGBT people second class citizens or even capital criminals in other countries.

i say the samething about straight peoples brah. don't try to make it seem like i'm "judging" the gay peoples and the gay peoples only. if you wanna sleep around, then sleep around. more power to you. however, if you're gonna be sleeping around, wear a condom. don't catch shit, and don't spread shit.

It pains me that the US has such insidiously Puritanical values even among people who profess to have none. It's such an insidious infection of the cultural subconscious that it's difficult to catch ourselves when we do it.

i do agree that we need to let go of our puritanical values as a nation. such values are why people bomb abortions and want woe v. wade to be overturned. it's why gay peoples aren't allowed to marry. however, there is still a responsibility that comes with being a sexually active person. i'm all for peoples sleeping around, so long as it's safe

If you'd like to be tested to see if you have the CCR5 mutation, there are genetic testing companies that can test for it. Keep in mind the test is useful not only to see if you have a lessened chance of contracting most strains of HIV, but if you are HIV positive, it can tell you if you stand a greater chance of slowing progression.

Last edited by a moderator: