Who's giving up masturbation for Lent?

tnhick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, I have been a member for a while, but then got busy and never posted or anything. But, I decided to post now, because I have decided to give up masturbating for Lent. Just wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So, I have been a member for a while, but then got busy and never posted or anything. But, I decided to post now, because I have decided to give up masturbating for Lent. Just wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing?

Not cleaning out the pipes and abstaining can cause prostate problems. You had better jack that cock.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I tried that. It was the most hilarious failure ever. I think I masturbated even more often once I said I would give it up. And I was fourteen. I must have been spanking it, like, four times a day.

The next year I gave up Lent for Lent.

I don't mean to rain on any parades here...giving up joy just didn't sit right with me as a way to connect with God. It does for other people, and the more power to them.

D

deleted213967

What's Lent again and why would we have to give up some harmless activity?

therunningman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

wow, that is a challenge worthy of Lent. Keep us posted...

Oh hell, maybe I'll just go for broke myself

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember that movie 40 Days and 40 Nights with cute boy Josh Hartnett. I wouldn't even try to go that long without getting off. I'm lucky if I make it a week.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely not! It's actually unhealthy for a man to go more than a few days without mastubating.

Yeah, I tried that. It was the most hilarious failure ever. I think I masturbated even more often once I said I would give it up. And I was fourteen. I must have been spanking it, like, four times a day.
The next year I gave up Lent for Lent. Now that's funny!

I don't mean to rain on any parades here...giving up joy just didn't sit right with me as a way to connect with God. I know what you mean. I was raised to give up something meaningful for Lent; but in recent years I am more likely to give money to a charity like St. Judes Children's hospital. If it does for other people, and the more power to them.[/

Not cleaning out the pipes and abstaining can cause prostate problems. You had better jack that cock.
Agreed! I don't get why some men brag about how long they can go w/o doing something that is so natural & fundamental. :confused::rolleyes:

What's Lent again and why would we have to give up some harmless activity?
Seriously?:rolleyes: Even if you were raised w/o a faith I can't understand not knowing a little something about Lent. :confused: I'm neither Muslim nor Jewish; but I know what Ramadan and Passover are and their significance to people who belong to those religions.

Ash Wednesday opens season of Lent
By Patricia Farrell Aidem, Megan Bagdonas and Samantha Gonzaga, Staff Writers
Article Launched: 02/02/2008 01:00:00 AM PST

In most Christian faiths, Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, a season of soul-searching and repentance for the 40 days leading up to the most joyous of feasts, Easter.

Starting with Ash Wednesday, Lent observes the weeks Jesus Christ spent in the desert fasting and praying before returning to Jerusalem.

There, in a single week, he was honored, betrayed and crucified, before rising from the dead, fulfilling his mission as savior.

In recognizing Christ's sacrifice, Christians most commonly observe Lent with their own sacrifices.

For the Rev. Virginia Benson, pastor of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Torrance, Lent is a time for communal grieving.
"It's one of the lesser-known meanings of Lent, but an important meaning," Benson said. "A lot of people have unresolved grief - they're so busy they can't take the time they need to mourn - and since the church is solemn during Lent, it creates the space for people to do that."

Roman Catholics, 18 to 59, are required to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, and those 14 and up must abstain from meat on all Fridays during Lent. (U.S. bishops define fasting as eating just one meal a day, plus small snacks at other meal times.)

Many Protestant denominations consider the observation of Lenten sacrifices to be a choice, rather than an obligation. In many countries, Christians celebrate one last fling on the day before Lent - known as Mardi Gras, Shrove
Tuesday, Fat Tuesday or Carnival. ("Carnival" actually is Latin for "farewell to meat.")

The 40 days of Lent are calculated in different ways by various denominations, but most commonly exclude Sundays because that is the day to commemorate Christ's resurrection. Holy Thursday, marking the Last Supper, marks the end of Lent for Roman Catholics. For most Protestant faiths, Lent ends on the Saturday before Easter.

To help prepare themselves for the celebration of Easter, and to help bring them closer to God, many Christians practice acts of penance during Lent.
In addition to fasting, they may give money or time to charity or give up something they enjoy.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could try to give up cursing out my cats for suspected peeing around my apt.

lolol

Oh dear. I need to go to bed. My meds are kicking my ass.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I could try to give up cursing out my cats for suspected peeing around my apt.

So, you're a whacko cat-lady too? Wow... And it's kind of obvious when cats pee around an apartment. And it's the kind of thing your neighbors start to notice when you have more than one cat doing it. Are you sure that the smell isn't coming from the meth lab you have made in your kitchen?

Oh dear. I need to go to bed. My meds are kicking my ass.

Awww, nah.... Just have a few cocktails and stay up a bit. [sarcasm]We just love reading your posts.[/sarcasm]

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i did it once successfully in high school...tried again last year and wound up breaking down about halfway through. curses!

this year, i've decided to give up masturbation AND smoking. that way, if i buckle on one i have the other as a back up.

i've also decided to write a sketch about an ascetic monk who gives up sacrifice for Lent. :-D

YoungBook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i don't masturbate that often but if i needed release then thees no way i could put it off for 40 days. jesus went for forty days and nights to the desert as a sacrifice, nobody ever said he gave up tugging.