Who's giving up masturbation for Lent?

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, I have been a member for a while, but then got busy and never posted or anything. But, I decided to post now, because I have decided to give up masturbating for Lent. Just wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing?

Help! Here we go again ... This is what 'religion' does for you! The downside is that if you end up wanking after a week you'll have a load of guilt (which is what religion's all about anyway) at having failed - plus the 'sin' of masturbation; but if you 'succeed' and last out till Easter you'll blow such a load that you'll take your roof off.

I can't think of an upside.

You can't win.

unclespunk1049

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was Catholic, I actually did give it up for the full 40 days of Lent. I was in my late teens when I did it! I remember how tough it was. But on Easter Sunday, I made up for it! I excused myself to "go to the bathroom" at least 6 times that day! As you can guess, I never did it again!

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i don't masturbate that often but if i needed release then thees no way i could put it off for 40 days. jesus went for forty days and nights to the desert as a sacrifice, nobody ever said he gave up tugging.

:laughing: This is funny. I think he is supposed to have never done it, but he couldn't have done without food anyway if he had.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I couldn't, but if you can more power to you. It's not healthy, but I can't see how one 40 day span would hurt you. I think the problem I would have is.. not remembering it was lent.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Lent and masturbation in the same sentence--oh my. I will go to hell for reading these posts (hah)...I couldn't give it up for a couple of hours, let alone lent!! Good luck bro.

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There is no historical proof that jesus ever gave up, started or stopped playing with himself at anytime! I bet he did tho - why not - he was a man as well you know!

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Keep your weird-ass "historical" superstitions to your own practices.

um...it's not like anyone's trying to force someone ELSE to give up masturbation for Lent, or even practice Lent for that matter. it's a personal choice. hell, i don't even belong to an organized church and i practice it personally because i choose to as part of my own spiritual journey.

yeesh...guy just asked if anyone was giving up masturbation for Lent among those who practice it, not saying everyone should practice it and give up masturbation. not every mention of religion is some kind of evangelism. :rolleyes:

Help! Here we go again ... This is what 'religion' does for you! The downside is that if you end up wanking after a week you'll have a load of guilt (which is what religion's all about anyway) at having failed - plus the 'sin' of masturbation; but if you 'succeed' and last out till Easter you'll blow such a load that you'll take your roof off.

I can't think of an upside.

You can't win.

having done it before...that first orgasm after 40 days feels pretty fucking good. :biggrin1: and beyond that, the spiritual and emotional reward feels pretty amazing as well, to know that you have that kind of discipline and willpower. i don't believe in guilt and certainly not as "what religion's all about." if i fail, i'm only human and am inherently flawed and either recommit to it or find something else to go without. God doesn't demand that we practice Lent. it is a personal human religious practice to show devotion through personal sacrifice and fasting. you're not obliged to follow it, just as you're not mandated to follow a particular religion or even believe in God. but at the same time, why waste your energy by having disdain for those who do, particularly when they do so in such a manner that does not affect you AT ALL?

and for my money, i've never considered masturbation a sin. so that's not a problem at all. :cool:

I'm not giving up anything for lent. Least of all sex...

eh, i already gave up sex when i took my year long vow of chastity last summer. not that there's been a great deal of temptation in my path since then. :redface:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eh, i already gave up sex when i took my year long vow of chastity last summer. not that there's been a great deal of temptation in my path since then. :redface:

A year of no sex! I don't think I could handle that. As horny as I've been for most of my life, not much temptation is needed...

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A year of no sex! I don't think I could handle that. As horny as I've been for most of my life, not much temptation is needed...

oh, not much here either...but when NO temptation is coming my way, it makes the vow a little bit easier (and thus, unfortunately, not much of a test as i'd originally intended. lol).

tnhick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks reverend.
I really didn't mean to offend anyone, and was just curious to see if anyone else had done it before. What I think we can all learn is that, sure, there are some things that are not really bad, but can be a way of leading you down your own spiritual journey. For those of you who are not spiritual, just ignore us "crazies" and don't harass us-we won't harass you.