Why am I being less safe lately?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by fak_et, Mar 29, 2010.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

For some reason lately, I keep feeling compelled to not use condoms.

STDs aren't an issue here, but I do not want any pregnancy.

My girl is on the pill and seems to be pretty reliable about taking it.
    I just dont trust the pill completely for birth control so I almost always use spermicidal lube if I am not going to use a condom.

Is it irresponsible to not use condoms if the girl is on the pill and i use spermicidal lube?

Sex just feels soo much better without em.

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    Once a woman is on the pill and you're monogamous to one-another, then there's no reason to use condoms. Sex certainly does feel better without condoms, indeed it feels like real sex. My wife was on the pill for about 10 years before my vasectomy, and we had two children, both planned. The pill was 100% reliable for us.

3. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

The only contraception that is 100% safe is abstaining.The pill isnt 100% effective........i've been a midwife for 14 years and so many patients have delivered due to the pill not working.So unless you are not 100% against being a father you need to use something else as well HTH

4. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I disagree with the above advice, perhaps the pill works for some people, but I've heard it's very sketchy. It's effectiveness drops when it isn't taken at nearly the exact same time every time it's supposed to be. I've heard of way too many people getting pregnant off the pill. If you're seriously not wanting to having kids then as Tasha said, no sex is the best option. To me it's not an option tho lol. If you're going to place your 100% in the fact that your girl/wife takes her pill every single day, and never forgets to take it, then so be it, but at least have a backup, use a condom, or spermicidal lube. As long as you're using a backup you should be "Ok." I also say should because as Tasha pointed out, and she is right, nothing is 100% effective except no sex at all. But it'll be far less likely that you'll have to worry about anything if you use the pill, and the spermicide as well. If you're worried about sensation, there's a couple of rubbers that I used with my ex-wife that you might want to try, Skinz, and Lamb Skin condoms. Skinz was my favorite tho, it was almost as good as wearing nothing. Don't rely on just one, but as long as you have a backup, you should be ok, just play safe and good luck bro ^^.

5. I have Foreskin

I have Foreskin New Member

Albums:
    Rubbers really kill the feeling for me, but STDs and possible kids make me put them on.

I used to have a girlfriend who went on the pill, and we were able to fuck rubber-free for over a year with no problems ever. I always enjoyed the feeling of filling her love hole with my hot jit! :cool:

But then she'd sit up in my bed and a lot of it would run out of her and get all over my blankets.

6. D_Jimmy Jammer

D_Jimmy Jammer New Member

The age-old problem, for all of us, and probably, the single
    reason guys at some time or other don't play safe. The fact
    is, they're plain 'orrible..:tongue:

7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Actually if you go along to a family planning clinic,or even google it,you will find that what i said is absolutely true.There are different types of contraceptive pill,one being the POP (progestrone only pill) and the mini pill.the latter has one hormone instead of two where as the former has 2 hormones instead of one.

POP,Progeston only pill

The progestogen-only pill (POP) is a form of oral contraception that is taken by a woman to stop her getting pregnant when she has sex. While the combined contraceptive pill contains both the female sex hormones, oestrogen and progestogen, this type of contraceptive pill contains only progestogen.
    This makes it an option for women who cannot take the combined contraceptive pill, such as those over the age of 35, or those who smoke.
    A pack of POPs contains 28 pills. One pill is taken every day of the menstrual cycle.
    There are two different types of POP. They vary because they must be taken at specific times of the day

Low strength oestrogen pill.
    Low strength oestrogen pills contain a low strength of oestrogen (20 micrograms) plus a progestogen.
    Each pack contains 21 pills. A pill is taken every day for three weeks, then there is a pill-free break for seven days, then a new pack of pills is started.
    The low strength oestrogen COC pill may be considered if you're at risk of developing blood clots, but are otherwise suitable for a COC pill

Standard strength 21 day pill
    As the name suggests, standard strength oestrogen pills contain a standard strength of oestrogen (30-35 micrograms) together with a progestogen. Each pack contains 21 pills. A pill is taken every day for three weeks, then there is a pill-free break for seven days, then a new pack of pills is started.
    One brand of the COC pill (Norinyl-1) contains an oestrogen called mestranol. It is a slightly higher strength than the others but has the same effect as a standard strength COC pill.
    If the pills are all the same colour, they contain the same amount of oestrogen and progestogen throughout the cycle. They're sometimes called monophasic pills.
    If the pills are different colours, they contain different amounts of oestrogen and progestogen depending on the stage of the cycle. They're sometimes called biphasic or triphasic pills

Standard Strength 28 day pill
    Standard strength oestrogen pills contain a standard strength of oestrogen (30-35 micrograms) together with a progestogen. Each pack contains 28 pills: 21 active pills and seven inactive or 'dummy' pills. A pill is taken every day for 28 days, and then a new pack of pills is started. There is no pill-free break.
    If the active pills (first 21 pills) are all the same colour, they contain the same amount of oestrogen and progestogen throughout the cycle. They're sometimes called monophasic pills.
    If the active pills (first 21 pills) are different colours, they contain different amounts of oestrogen and progestogen depending on the stage of the cycle. They're sometimes called biphasic or triphasic pills.
    The inactive pills (last seven pills) are white and larger than the active pills

and so there you have it :biggrin1:

8. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

ROFL!!!!!

9. naturistMale

naturistMale New Member

only my opinion here
    this is a very difficult issue
    i vote for a little less sexual sensation
    -than-
    raising a child

10. erratic

Gold Member

While the pill is pretty safe - if taken correctly - the risk you're running is pretty massive.

11. loganxxx22

loganxxx22 New Member

Albums:
    Once you've gotten use to fucking without a condom, it's almost torture going back to them. You have 2 alternatives: (a)use lambskin condoms. If you're being monogamous you don't need to worry about std's and they feel almost as good as skin on skin. Plus the lambskin is great for us bigger guys as it can accommodate any size and doesn't have the restrictions of latex.

(b) pull out in addition to her using the pill. It's no guarantee but the odds are significantly reduced than cumming in her.

I've had several gf's who I fucked while on the pill and I used these methods and never had any issue with pregnancy or performance. One let me cum inside her and it was awesome. Never had any problems. But others get nervous about it and ask that I pull out which I gladly do. My current actually enjoys facials so that's a plus :)

Nothing is a guarantee but your odds are way way low with the pullout/pill combo. But be SURE she is dilligent on taking the pill correctly. I know a friend of my gf who wasn't consistent and she's had 4 abortions (4!!) and is getting ready to have a kid. That is ri-goddamn-diculous.

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where did you hear such rubbish? Some Christian group promoting total abstinence maybe? The actual effectiveness rate for the pill is around 98%, and the 2% is due to not taking it correctly (not the same time each day, not relying on it when one has an upset stomach (throwing up): the sorts of things that women get taught when they first get a prescription). If taken correctly, every day, it is 100% reliable.

Condoms soley for birth control are another thing entirely! That really is Russian roulette, with an effectiveness rate somewhere in the high 80% range. And yet many members of this forum rely on condoms and no pill! I would never have done that in my younger days. Pre-Aids, we had casual sex all the time with no condoms and our partners on the pill.

13. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  14. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    My cousin had two kids...both times she got prego on the pill. Again...it's NEVER 100% ... If you are ready to have a kid and be able to take care of it... then go for it. Not saying you will have a kid...but be prepared to deal with consequences if they happen. All part of being a responsible adult.

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you sure she didn't 'plan' those children? I've known women who want children, their partners don't, so they cheat by not taking the pill. And even if your cousin's wife didn't do it deliberately; how reliable was she? Every day at a similar time? Perhaps she was forgetful and might have missed the odd one or two tablets? You wouldn't know.

The birth control pill, if taken as instructed, IS 100% reliable.

Draft saved Draft deleted