Why America please read and share ur thoughts

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And kudos to her for holding her ground. I'm sure a lot of people would have given in rather than face prison, look how bravely Martha Stewart did her time. I doubt the dickless bastards from Enron would fare so well, not that they'll ever have to suck it up as long as the "dynamic duo" are there to fix the records for them.

So Clinton was impeached in the House but not in the Senate, not removed from office. I sure am glad we care so much about what's really important in the country. :grr:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Jun 30 2005, 11:24 AM
jonb,

I agree, let's not talk about Fox and CNN if that's how you feel about them. If you feel the former is biased and the latter fair and balanced, then it's like someone living on Mercury and someone else living on Pluto discussing what hot and cold means to them personally.

Steve
[post=325444]Quoted post[/post]​
Um, no. Fair and balanced is a trademark of Fox News. Although they should say "Unfair and in Serious Need of Thorazine".

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by jiggler@Jun 30 2005, 03:47 PM
also, when it comes to oil prices, you need to understand that comes from supply and demand. simple as that.
[post=325508]Quoted post[/post]​
Then demand that auto makers start using ethanol or electric cars. Quit expecting the Holy Free Market to fix everything. It doesn't work that way. Exhibit A, McDonald's. Exhibit B, Hollywood. Exhibit C, Windows.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by jiggler@Jun 30 2005, 05:07 PM
MZ- there is no cutting the funding of education.
[post=325531]Quoted post[/post]​
No, it's just funding consists solely funding useless standardized testing. Wonderful. Do you have any idea how much that cuts into class time? And what happens? Teachers end up teaching the test because otherwise they won't get any funding.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by jiggler@Jun 30 2005, 06:10 PM
if you want to talk about keeping people stupid, know that your party was trying to privatize social security in the ninties.
[post=325538]Quoted post[/post]​
When? I don't remember that, and I am quite politically informed. Clinton was trying to reform, not privatize, social security. Privatization is the domain of free-market ideologues who also believe in perpetual motion.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy+Jun 30 2005, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpeedoGuy &#064; Jun 30 2005, 08:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jiggler@Jun 30 2005, 11:38 PM

what it really boils down to for me is that this is a war of insurance against islamic terrorism.  sometimes you make decisions based on what could happen if you didnt.  any type of insurance protects from potential problems. 

An insurance policy is a business contract between two consenting parties. An illegal war and occupation conducted on false pretenses hardly qualifies as such.

SG
[post=325576]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Actually, I can see how it&#39;s an insurance policy. I really can. It&#39;s like hurricane insurance in Nebraska.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by jonb+Jul 2 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Jul 2 2005, 12:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy@Jun 30 2005, 08:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jiggler
@Jun 30 2005, 11:38 PM

what it really boils down to for me is that this is a war of insurance against islamic terrorism.  sometimes you make decisions based on what could happen if you didnt.  any type of insurance protects from potential problems. 

An insurance policy is a business contract between two consenting parties. An illegal war and occupation conducted on false pretenses hardly qualifies as such.

SG
[post=325576]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually, I can see how it&#39;s an insurance policy. I really can. It&#39;s like hurricane insurance in Nebraska.
[post=325880]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Yeah Jonb, but it is more. It is like having mandatory hurricane insurance policy in Nebraska with the insurance company who got the unbidded contract and everyone has the premiums deducted from their salaries. The insurance company in question is owned by the governor and Lt. Governor.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, apparently, having been hit by terrorists from Afghanistan gives us permission to retaliate against any other country we choose. I wonder how we&#39;d feel if someone started a war with us over something France or Canada did?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 2 2005, 05:17 AM
[post=325880]Quoted post[/post]​

Yah, lol, but its the kind of contract that would make the likes of Tony Soprano proud.

SG

jiggler

Just Browsing
Media
MZ- im curious as to how it is that the problem with social security is bush&#39;s fault. if he didnt start it, how is he to blame for it? it was a flawed policy from the word go. social security is basically a pyramid scheme. the people at the top are the ones really made out good on it. the rest of us are just getting screwed, and the dems have brought absolutely no ideas to the table. none. it does you no good to point fingers at bush all day when there is something that needs to be done. unfortunately that seems to be all your guys can come up with. all that bush and others have done is try to push a policy to give you back some of your money. isnt that what you want? didnt you just say that? if you would like some examples of how privatizing social security can work, look at any figures you can from Galveston county Texas. they went to a privatized system i believe about 10 years ago and they are getting a far greater return than they would have ever gotten from letting the government run their money. hell, even Chile has privatized social security.

by the way, i dont even care what happened to clinton. look, the guy got caught with a chubby intern. so what. but you still cant lie about that under oath. my beef with clinton had nothing to do with sex as much as his policy. at the same time, he wasnt the worst president ever.

i dont plan on convincing you on any of the things ive said, but know that no matter what president you have in office, we have checks and balances. whether it be from branch to branch or just from the government to the people. you have a choice to do more from your ideas to persuade people in government. if you really believe what youre saying, make them listen. thats why republicans are where they are. dems held the house and senate for 40 years. but the republicans beat them with slow persuasion(which im sure you would call indoctrination), not bitching about everything that another party does. if i hear one more senator call for someone to resign im going to puke.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jiggler@Jul 5 2005, 10:15 AM
MZ- im curious as to how it is that the problem with social security is bush&#39;s fault. if he didnt start it, how is he to blame for it? it was a flawed policy from the word go. social security is basically a pyramid scheme. the people at the top are the ones really made out good on it. the rest of us are just getting screwed, and the dems have brought absolutely no ideas to the table. none. it does you no good to point fingers at bush all day when there is something that needs to be done. unfortunately that seems to be all your guys can come up with. all that bush and others have done is try to push a policy to give you back some of your money. isnt that what you want? didnt you just say that? if you would like some examples of how privatizing social security can work, look at any figures you can from Galveston county Texas. they went to a privatized system i believe about 10 years ago and they are getting a far greater return than they would have ever gotten from letting the government run their money. hell, even Chile has privatized social security.
[post=326793]Quoted post[/post]​
Problem A: The government is the only entity in the US allowed to arbitrarily change a contract without the other party&#39;s consent, with no consequence.
Problem B: It is easy to toy with someone else&#39;s livelihood, when you don&#39;t have to live under your own strictures. I will happily forego any Social Security I have paid in, if I can simply change it over to the same plan the members of the House and Senate have given themselves.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by jiggler@Jul 5 2005, 02:15 PM
dems held the house and senate for 40 years. but the republicans beat them with slow persuasion(which im sure you would call indoctrination), not bitching about everything that another party does. if i hear one more senator call for someone to resign im going to puke.

Clear a path to the bathroom because I&#39;m going to puke if I hear one more Republican claim the dainty GOP doesn&#39;t dirty its hands with underhanded attacks on the opposition or negative campaigning. The suggestion that the GOP ascended to the majority simply by promoting conservative ideals while not viciously criticizing Democrats is not one I subscribe to.

During the Clinton years I watched with dismay as entire industries devoted to spreading hate about Bill Clinton (and his family) blossomed. Ugly to be sure, but that&#39;s how hard ball politics are played in Washington DC. But what&#39;s puzzling to me now is that so many Republicans seem to think its unfair or unpatriotic for Democrats to do exactly the same in return.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb+Jul 2 2005, 06:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Jul 2 2005, 06:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-brainzz_n_dong@Jun 30 2005, 11:24 AM
jonb,

I agree, let&#39;s not talk about Fox and CNN if that&#39;s how you feel about them.  If you feel the former is biased and the latter fair and balanced, then it&#39;s like someone living on Mercury and someone else living on Pluto discussing what hot and cold means to them personally. 

Steve
[post=325444]Quoted post[/post]​
Um, no. Fair and balanced is a trademark of Fox News. Although they should say "Unfair and in Serious Need of Thorazine".
[post=325873]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I purposely turned around the moniker of Fox News and applied it to CNN, as it&#39;s apparent that&#39;s how you feel about them. At least I&#39;ve never read that Fox has had to tell staff to keep it quiet on any Presidential election nights when a state is being declared for a Republican. Seems that has been a problem in past election years at CNN when they&#39;d declare a state for a Democrat.

I guess Fox gets attacked as being unfair because they don&#39;t lay down and trumpet a liberal worldview when all is said and done. Conservatives do get an outlet on Fox News they don&#39;t get elsewhere, but that mere fact hardly makes them a Neo-Con soap box. I don&#39;t recall seeing too many politically-based segments that don&#39;t feature both sides of the opinion aisle. Even their Sunday morning talk show, when it comes to their discussion panel, regularly features two conservatives and two liberals, in addition to the host.

As for social security, there are points to be made that I don&#39;t have time to get into now, but let&#39;s all review the facts: The Social Security trust fund is made up of government bonds that were placed there to represent the annual surpluses generated since the early 1980&#39;s. The money coming in each year via the S/S taxes has been SPENT. The paper bonds representing the "trust fund" are worthless in that there is no hidden cache of money to raid when it comes time to cover the deficit the annual inflow/outflow will begin showing sometime in the mid-late 2010&#39;s. The only thing backing those bonds is the full faith and credit of the US government. They represent both sides of the accounting ledger: An IOU replacing an asset that has been spent and a future liability to be paid out. In that event, you cross both of them out and you have nothing resembling a "fund". If you borrow all of the money out of your 401K on Monday do you still have a retirement fund to use when Friday comes around? Well, you have something that needs to be repaid in order to be whole again, but if the &#036;&#036;&#036; is all gone, it&#39;s all gone. For the govt to stand behind their obligations, there will have to be additional borrowing in order to make good on long-made promises to retired individuals sometime in the next 10-15 years, economy-dependent.

And, during years of Democrat and Republican admininstrations, AND years of Democrat and Republican Congresses, both sides have gleefully agreed to spend the trust fund to pay for current expenditures (whether it be military spending as some liberals will blurt out or more social spending as conservatives will speak up and say) lest they have to make painful decisions about what other programs to cut. Whether you choose to lay the blame for all of this at the feet of Democrats (as they have been the party that proposed the various taxings of S/S) or Republicans for going along with it and being afraid to touch the vaunted third rail of American politics, both sides are to blame for where the program lies today, which is in the hospital alongside Medicaid and Medicare.

Hate Bush (as 95% of you do) or like/love him (as the other 5% might ascribe to), he began a dialogue during January of this year about how to go about fixing the S/S issue/problem/looming disaster (choose the word that best fits for you). Do I feel he properly "launched" the discussion...in a word, NO. He left himself open to nothing but criticism by Democrats that are more bent upon defeating anything he proposes than they are actually trying to work with serious-minded people and come up with a solution to the problem.

Bush should have proposed a comprehensive solution, good or bad, whose end result would have ended in compromise in the House and Senate where both sides could have had some meat to take back to their bases and could have still found time to hurl invectives against the other side. Instead, it&#39;s labled as Republicans as being the party of privatization and Democrats trying to be the party saving S/S when, in fact, nobody is doing ANYTHING to save it and EVERYTHING to bash the other side over the head when cameras are rolling so they can use it an election issue next year.

I&#39;ll discuss the private accounts versus all the other solutions later, but I wanted first to see how many would attack what I&#39;ve written thus far before laying it all out.

Steve

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, but CNN never hired Bush&#39;s cousin to decide the election. And why didn&#39;t Fox News -- or any media outlet for that matter -- want to cover the Florida issue? There was a lot more than just hanging chads going on. Here are a few things going on:

1. Katherine Harris was Secretary of State and head of Bush&#39;s campaign. Conflict of interests?
2. Harris had Choicepoint/DBT look for names similar to the ones on the list of convicted felons. And then the same birthday.
3. Harris made sure anyone convicted of a felony, even those convicted in states which restore a felon&#39;s right to vote after he serves his time, were scrubbed. The Florida State Supreme Court told her this violated the "full faith and credit" clause.
4. Some of these "felons" had been convicted of misdemeanors.
5. The smoking gun was the fact that many of these people had supposedly been convicted on dates after the election, before they were born, or simply not had a date at all.
6. Since then, Harris has herself been elected to Congress -- under her own rules.

Jeb&#39;s engaging in even more shenanigans these days. Always raising the cap on campaign spending. (If you spend over a certain amount, Florida law mandates that they contribute the difference to your opponents.) And now instead of an eight-hour minimum time polls can be open, it&#39;s an eight-hour maximum. Naturally this is applied equally to less densely-populated Republican districts and more densely-populated Democratic districts.

jiggler

Just Browsing
Media
Brainzz-- youre right on. I cant agree with so much that the administration has done as far as reaching out to the left. it does no good to feed a dog a bone if he bites your hand after he gets it. he shouldnt have left it up to the senate to compose the plan for ss. he probably would have gotten further. it seems like people dont want to know what true freedom is, at least when it comes to financial responsibilities. but of course that is the only thing keeping the left in any sort of power. they feed off of people wanting to be spoon-fed. as far as the republicans go, they need some balls to act like winners now that the party is in power. i cant understand why they havent accomplished more of their agenda.

youre also right on about Fox news. too many people think its just conservatives that watch it because they get a biased opinion, but the truth is that they offer things that most other networks do not. they also have a lot of very attractive women that help ratings.

jiggler

Just Browsing
Media
jon-b--are we really still talking about the 2000 election? correct me if im wrong, and im sure that you will, but wasnt the Florida recount looked at by multiple independent investigations and then cleared of any mischief? it just seems pointless that after bush was re-elected with a mandate for people to keep bringing it up. there are only whispers of disenfranchised voters, but nobody has any evidence.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 5 2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah, but CNN never hired Bush&#39;s cousin to decide the election. And why didn&#39;t Fox News -- or any media outlet for that matter -- want to cover the Florida issue? There was a lot more than just hanging chads going on. Here are a few things going on:

1. Katherine Harris was Secretary of State and head of Bush&#39;s campaign. Conflict of interests?
2. Harris had Choicepoint/DBT look for names similar to the ones on the list of convicted felons. And then the same birthday.
3. Harris made sure anyone convicted of a felony, even those convicted in states which restore a felon&#39;s right to vote after he serves his time, were scrubbed. The Florida State Supreme Court told her this violated the "full faith and credit" clause.
4. Some of these "felons" had been convicted of misdemeanors.
5. The smoking gun was the fact that many of these people had supposedly been convicted on dates after the election, before they were born, or simply not had a date at all.
6. Since then, Harris has herself been elected to Congress -- under her own rules.

Jeb&#39;s engaging in even more shenanigans these days. Always raising the cap on campaign spending. (If you spend over a certain amount, Florida law mandates that they contribute the difference to your opponents.) And now instead of an eight-hour minimum time polls can be open, it&#39;s an eight-hour maximum. Naturally this is applied equally to less densely-populated Republican districts and more densely-populated Democratic districts.
[post=326852]Quoted post[/post]​

jonb,

It&#39;s amazing what one can find when visiting another state&#39;s website with a few simple questions at hand. Perusing the Fla Dept of Elections website showed me the following information:

Helpful Hints
Make sure all information on your voter identification card is correct.
If you do not know the location of your polling place, call your Supervisor of Elections office for directions BEFORE election day.

Sign your voter identification card; take it and your Florida Driver’s License (or another form of picture identification showing your signature) to the polls.

On Election Day the polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and are normally less busy during mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

Also, it was amazing to find out that, in a 2001 bill called the Election Reform Act, it was shown that when surveys were sent out to each election official in Fla&#39;s 67 counties, 31 expressed a desire to keep the 7-7 format, 14 were opposed, and 21 expressed no opinion. Doesn&#39;t sound to me like there is a massive amount of pandemonium afoot when it comes to the concept of when/how to vote in the state of Fla.

I also found the following information relating to the area of early, absentee voting:

Does Florida allow early voting?

The 2004 Legislature passed legislation which standardizes early voting throughout the state. Early voting is defined as "casting a ballot prior to election day at a location designated by the supervisor of elections and depositing the voted ballot in the tabulation system."

Under the new provisions which are effective July 1, 2004, all supervisors will begin conducting early voting in their main and branch offices 15 days before the election. In addition, supervisors may designate any city hall or public library as an early voting site; however, if so designated, these sites must be geographically located so that all voters in the county have an equal opportunity to cast a vote. Early voting will continue through the day before the election.

Early voting will be conducted at least 8 hours per day on each weekday during the early voting period and will be provided for 8 hours in the aggregate for each weekend during the period.

Voters who want to vote early should remember to bring a photo and signature identification with them.

Jeb raised the campaign ceiling, hmmm. I guess that is a sin when a Republican is in office and an act worthy of having your face put on Mt. Rushmore if you&#39;re a Democratic Governor. Both sides want to raise unlimited amounts of money, in case you have not noticed. The media (and the liberals that feed it) like to perpetuate the continual notion that Republicans always out-raise and out-spend Democrats. However, it was the D&#39;s that raised and spent more in 2004 than the R&#39;s did by the time all was said and done.

And didn&#39;t you know Katherine Harris is a Republican sorceress put on Earth to make sure Florida democrats keep the makers of Tums, Rolaids, and Nexium (among others) in business? Seems she is doing her job well...good for her.

I recall in the year after the 2000 election matter was settled, the news media was eventually allowed access to all the ballots in the state. They counted the ballots. Several times. ONLY when they tried using the God-like principle of trying to read the voter&#39;s minds/intent on ballots that had no markings (or mysterious ones at that) were the forces of Gore able to claim they would have won. When the standard that the rest of the nation uses was applied...that of a clearly marked ballot with intent...was used, no matter how much you hate to hear it, GWB won the state of Florida by an amazingly small but persistent margin. As has probably been debated a few billion times here and elsewhere, it is NOT Republican&#39;s fault that butterfly ballots were drawn up for the heavily Democratic counties in S Florida to use. Republicans were not asked to issue their approval prior to their being put out for election day. The Democratic officials in those counties saw the design, pondered it, approved it, and then lived in horror when they saw what their lack of foresight wrought upon them. Perhaps more Floridians DID intend to go the polls that day and vote for Gore, but human error in the counties that mattered most to Democrats prevented that from happening and you and other liberals have held Republicans responsible for that ever since.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Jul 5 2005, 05:07 PM
Hate Bush (as 95% of you do) or like/love him (as the other 5% might ascribe to), he began a dialogue during January of this year about how to go about fixing the S/S issue/problem/looming disaster (choose the word that best fits for you). Do I feel he properly "launched" the discussion...in a word, NO. He left himself open to nothing but criticism by Democrats that are more bent upon defeating anything he proposes than they are actually trying to work with serious-minded people and come up with a solution to the problem.
. . . .
I&#39;ll discuss the private accounts versus all the other solutions later, but I wanted first to see how many would attack what I&#39;ve written thus far before laying it all out.

Steve
[post=326846]Quoted post[/post]​
Has he properly launched a discussion? Dude, you need to look up the definition for discussion. I think it has something to do with an exchange of diverse views. I doubt if the SS "townhalls" that Bush and company have held across the country meet the criteria for discussion. Why? Well, townhall attendees are pre-selected by local Republicans and pre-interviewed by staff to make certain they will not ask embarassing questions or make disparaging remarks at the.....well, rally. Most of us have read about the strongarm tactics [think Brownshirts] accorded those who have different views at the government-financed Bush rallies. So disccusion, No. Rally, Yes.

In case you never subjected yourself to watching the SS banalities on the news, typically they have a

young worker saying, "I am concerned and support privatizing SS."

a retired worker saying, "Thank you Mr. President for reforming prescription drug coverage."

a middleaged couple saying, "We are concerned we will not have enough to live on and would like more information on how privatizing SS accounts would work. We think it is time we made SS solvent."

and the drivel goes on.....

I know that it is a capstone of the Bush administration and many Republicans to claim the other side will not enter into a meaningful discussion on the issues facing SS or providing possible solutions. Could it be that if alternative views are not welcome at the party or forum, then none are offered? I think so.

I look forward to your explanations of how privatizing SS will save or maybe destroy SS.

jay

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jiggler@Jul 5 2005, 02:15 PM
if you would like some examples of how privatizing social security can work, look at any figures you can from Galveston county Texas. they went to a privatized system i believe about 10 years ago and they are getting a far greater return than they would have ever gotten from letting the government run their money. hell, even Chile has privatized social security.
[post=326793]Quoted post[/post]​
Yea, you are right about Chile and Galveston and the success of pension money being invested in private accounts. There are also stories about mismanagement and stoooopidity. Think junk bonds and Orange County, CA in the 1980s.

Success with private accounts may be related to financial conditions when you enter market. I started working in 2001 for an employer that matched 401k contributions. Last December, I added up my contributions and my employer&#39;s matches and discovered that the current value of my 401k was essentially equal to my contributions ALONE. Why? Well, the market has been down, down down... Most/all of the engineers that started when I did have switched their 401k&#39;s to bonds, bonds, bonds...government, that is.

My brother is a Wall Street lawyer and his opinion is something like this: Privatize SS? What are the Republicans thinking? Within in less than a decade, the biggest holder of stocks will be...yea, the U.S. government. This sounds alot like socialism...where the state owns the means of production and distribution. We could become France West.....or Venezuela or Great Britain in the 1960&#39;s.

As ownership becomes concentrated in government accounts, it is likely that the people, the Congress, the President, even the administrator of the privatized accounts will be tempted to use economic power to influence corporate decisions. Say there is a recession...then corporations are encouraged/required to maintain capital spending and not to downsize to mitigate the economic impact of the business cycle. In a sense, we will have become Venezuela....and have abandoned the Republican ideals of a free market and independent corporate decisions.

I prefer keeping government out of corporate decisions; but then, I am an old-fashioned Republican.

jay

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, we&#39;re getting way off base about what I was talking about with SS. It has been taken out of our pay since all of us joined the workforce, that has not been optional until recently. I am actually in favor of individualised monitoring of our own monies for retirement, but this has not been the case previously, so it is the money I&#39;ve already contributed that has me concerned.

Let us not forget, we had a significant SURPLUS prior to bush and this stupid war, but now the securities tied to SS have been depleted and the money is NOT there. Regardless of what becomes of the process in which we continue the program, the money has been jacked. I didn&#39;t think any repub was going to own up to that, let&#39;s just keep clouding the issue.

As for the election in Florida in 2000, I guess you choose to ignore the reports from the multitude of black leaders that they were turned away from the polls in droves&#33; So if, after the careful inspection of the votes by "unbiased officials" showed that bush won by a miniscule margin, imagine if all the voters who showed up had actually been able to cast their vote....hmmm, I can&#39;t imagine what would have happened. Maybe that&#39;s why they changed the rules in Ohio without letting any of the voters know the day before the election? When I called the polls a month before the vote to ask what I must do to be assured of my right to vote in my new location, I was assured that all I had to do was bring in my voter card and driver&#39;s license to show the new address. When I showed up the day of the election, I was put in line with the various other recently moved people and given a paper ballot that was never counted at all&#33; Well, they had to find some way of excluding votes and overt racism doesn&#39;t fare as well in the north. Please, feel free to tell me this was a fair election when it&#39;s YOUR vote that doesn&#39;t count&#33; Tell me the election wasn&#39;t rigged when the machines in YOUR state register voted for the repubs right out of the box and have to be "recalibrated" by employees of a company loyal to the repubs who do NOT answer to the electorate&#33; What total bullshit&#33; If you believe this is just bellyaching, you are full of shit. Furthermore, I doubt seriously any one of you defending this bad behavior are going to take any sort of responsibility when the shit hits the fan. Oh wait, it&#39;s already hitting the fan and all I&#39;m hearing is "It&#39;s okay, we MEANT it to turn out like this, bush is GR-EEEEAAAAT&#33;" :puke: