Why America please read and share ur thoughts

orionsword57:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jul 9 2005, 04:52 PM
....I think he's selfish to the point of being evil....
[post=327988]Quoted post[/post]​

Daddy Bush didn't play ball with the power structure of the Republican party and he was cast adrift. Son Bush is playing ball like a recruit saluting a drill sergeant. It's not that he's selfish... he just wants to keep playing. He is bought and paid for. He is a Howdy Doody is there ever was one. The Republican power structure uses the naivete of conservative christians who think their cause is what the party cares about to tip the scales in their favor, when the REAL agenda is garnering enough votes to lower taxes for the rich and keep the nation and the economy so unsettled that no one can rally behind any one person who isn't in bed with them. It is classic "control of the masses", and you can find it in Machiavelli.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by orionsword57+Jul 11 2005, 04:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orionsword57 &#064; Jul 11 2005, 04:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jul 9 2005, 04:52 PM
....I think he&#39;s selfish to the point of being evil....
[post=327988]Quoted post[/post]​

Daddy Bush didn&#39;t play ball with the power structure of the Republican party and he was cast adrift. Son Bush is playing ball like a recruit saluting a drill sergeant. It&#39;s not that he&#39;s selfish... he just wants to keep playing. He is bought and paid for. He is a Howdy Doody is there ever was one. The Republican power structure uses the naivete of conservative christians who think their cause is what the party cares about to tip the scales in their favor, when the REAL agenda is garnering enough votes to lower taxes for the rich and keep the nation and the economy so unsettled that no one can rally behind any one person who isn&#39;t in bed with them. It is classic "control of the masses", and you can find it in Machiavelli.
[post=328270]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Take a bow, my friend. My problem is that while they are playing the shell game with our allegiances, bush and cheney are making an assload of money for themselves. I wouldn&#39;t be so angry if they hadn&#39;t pissed away MY money in the process.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
M Zora & JonB,

I&#39;m glad to know when I put in long hours as part of the campus Republicans at my school, and devote tons of time to conservative causes in my area and state, that I&#39;m playing just a small, teensy role in keeping people like yourselves just one thread entry away from full blown insanity.

You and JonB seem to wear your minds on your sleeve...just too bad you keep misplacing your shirts.

Steve

P.S. - Congrats on doing your part in making the Democratic Party the party of the 4-letter word. At least you have SOMETHING going for you (God knows original ideas pulled up stakes and left town years ago).

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Happy to oblige, BnD, it&#39;s not as if anyone is really taking either of our arguments seriously. If you&#39;re proud of what you&#39;re doing with your time, have at it. I hope you can say the same when the entrails of this administration unravel.

For the record, if you&#39;re putting your own intelligence at issue against jonb&#39;s, I&#39;ll enjoy my laugh now, thank you.

orionsword57:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jul 11 2005, 11:31 AM
Take a bow, my friend. My problem is that while they are playing the shell game with our allegiances, bush and cheney are making an assload of money for themselves. I wouldn&#39;t be so angry if they hadn&#39;t pissed away MY money in the process.
[post=328311]Quoted post[/post]​

Again, purposely belaboring the point, I understand the need to focus on images such as Bush & Cheney that are recognizable, but they are only the puppets. The money that is being made by the powers behind the throne is so massive that the money they have put into private hedge funds is literally controlling our markets. The consumer is fed a diet of bread and circuses, and keeps borrowing to spend on more and more ways to avoid and ignore reality. I&#39;ve said this before, but it makes me almost glad I never had children or grandchildren when I think of the future. It is not "different this time", and we will have carnage in all the markets, ie... currency, stock, real estate, etc... eventually. The super rich will have stashed enough away to survive while the masses war against themselves.

FWIW...

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
For the record, if you&#39;re putting your own intelligence at issue against jonb&#39;s, I&#39;ll enjoy my laugh now, thank you.

MZ,

No matter the time, place, subject, or venue, liberals have had that attitude for years when assessing their standing in this world vs. conservatives. If feeling that way gives you and your cadre of sycophants a warm, fuzzy feeling, then by all means keep on keeping on. I don&#39;t mind being "misunderestimated" :D

Steve

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Jul 11 2005, 03:36 PM
I&#39;m glad to know when I put in long hours as part of the campus Republicans at my school, and devote tons of time to conservative causes in my area and state, that I&#39;m playing just a small, teensy role in keeping people like yourselves just one thread entry away from full blown insanity.
[post=328355]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, I&#39;m sorry if I don&#39;t see the DLC aping neocon positions as particularly liberal.

BTW, you might be surprised to learn that the neocons are for Big Government. All that Big Government with no new taxes can only mean one thing.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Jul 5 2005, 05:07 PM
I&#39;ll discuss the private accounts versus all the other solutions later, but I wanted first to see how many would attack what I&#39;ve written thus far before laying it all out.
[post=326846]Quoted post[/post]​
So lay it all out, dude.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Jay

Glad to see you&#39;re still interested. I&#39;ve been having so much fun with MZ and jonb that I&#39;ve neglected my promise to lay out "my plan". My apologies. I&#39;ll post my full thread on this one either Wednesday or Saturday (looking at how my time will run). It&#39;s will take a while to put down, so I&#39;ll get back to you as soon as I can. Get your knives sharpened.

Catch you then,

Steve

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Private accounts are
a really good idea............................................
if you just happen to be a wall street stock broker.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Jul 12 2005, 10:09 PM

MZ,

No matter the time, place, subject, or venue, liberals have had that attitude for years when assessing their standing in this world vs. conservatives. If feeling that way gives you and your cadre of sycophants a warm, fuzzy feeling, then by all means keep on keeping on. I don&#39;t mind being "misunderestimated" :D

Steve
[post=328643]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, it&#39;s true that there&#39;s a fine line between genius and insanity, fortunately I&#39;m not THAT smart. It&#39;s also true that when liberals get really mad, they sit down and write letters- pretty harmless, even ineffectual, but it does serve as a way for us to say "I told you so" when progress and social reform come to pass, as they always do. It will be no different here and I know you conservatives are enjoying your moment in the sun and probably even feel somewhat powerful in your belief that things are swimming along just as they should with all us "liberals" who believe in freedom and equality being put in our place. Nevertheless, a time will come when the poorer conservatives get tired of being poor, realise that the government they so believed in doesn&#39;t give a fuck about their cause, and they&#39;ll be happy to accept more forward thinking views if it means they can stop being manipulated out of the American dream they thought they were supporting.

I don&#39;t misunderestimate you or the conservative movement of the present. I said back in 2000 how bad it was going to get and I realise how much more damage our country is about to undergo in the next three and a half years. I hope this is something you will be proud to admit being a part of, I will not.

orionsword57:
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Jul 12 2005, 09:23 PM
Private accounts are
a really good idea............................................
if you just happen to be a wall street stock broker.
[post=328736]Quoted post[/post]​

TRUE, TRUE, TRUE&#33;&#33; The reason that long term interest rates are so low is that NO ONE EXPECTS THE MARKET TO DO WELL FOR A WHILE&#33; Keeping SS money right where it is will bring both the best and safest returns for the retiree, and putting it into the stock market without knowing exactly what you are doing or how to play the market will create such a decline in wealth that the strains on the goverment (which by then will have pendulumed back to the Liberal side) will force taxes to be raised in the face of higher fuel costs (other basic costs can probably be kept in check) and the eventual wearing out of the real estate bubble. I&#39;m old enough that it doesn&#39;t hurt me as much, but the younger people MUST stay heavily invested in safe debt instruments if and when choices are offered.