Why are all guys such jerks!

avdude19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Idk if I'm using this thread to vent my feelings or if I have an actual problem, but why are all guys such inconsiderate jerks! I'm so pussed cuz every guy I dated is just a huge douche! I've dated a variety of guys with different ages and different looks but still never found a guy that ever cared about me. I know I'm not the best looking person or most well educated but still why do guys only have a need to just be in a relationship. The worst person i've ever dated was this really kool guy I met from marching band (I know how band geeky aha) anyways this was about two years ago that we met. At first he was really kool and nice and just the most sinscere person I've ever met but then once he got into a prestigious college the next year he was a total jerk. He stopped texting me and wouldn't return my calls and just kept avoiding any form of communication with me. Recently we started talking again, and I asked him if he every really liked me while we were dating and his response was "yeah but that was when I was young and naive." what kind of asshole says that! I mean I'm happy he was honest but still. That really hurt. About a month later we came back to the topic of our past time dating experience and it turns out he's never going to be into me because Im 2 years younger than he is and because he doesn't like the idea of committed relationships. Honestly why do I bother letting his words haunt my mind, it's just really painful to think about. Not to mention the other tons of asshole I went out with. So my question is why are guys such inconsiderate douche bags? I mean I never had this problem while dating girls..

stnbl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You are so right men are like that.Then, start dating with girls again. You are not bisexual from now on. Problem solved, next!!

Ok you can't judge a whole sex by some people you tried, you can find a good guy (which is the hard way) or like a said you can try more innocent sex, yeah girls! And have some children, bla bla bla....

Last edited:

Cila

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe it's the type of guys you attract. Not all guys are idiots; but some people are just attracted to the wrong kind of partner. Hell, I've known women that treated men so badly, I wanted to kill the heifers myself *shrug* so you're not safe dating women either (ahem stnbl).
Maybe here's an opportunity for you to take time out and learn why you attract the most vile of the vile and correct this behaviour.

I can only speak for myself but I do believe there are a fair few of us that arn't that bad.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah I think you maybe just stuck in a bad relationship pattern, not all guys are jerks really, so I think you may be just attracted to men who aren't right for you and with whom a relationship is doomed to go south.

You also seem to be looking for a boyfriend (right?), which is never a good thing, if you stop looking for a boyfriend you'll stop investing yourself so heavily in men who are not worth investing in and you'll see them more clearly for who they are. Work on yourself, build your confidence and self worth, that way you wont be so crushed if things don't workout with a guy and you wont be so hurt if they turn out to be a douchebag.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah I think you maybe just stuck in a bad relationship pattern, not all guys are jerks really, so I think you may be just attracted to men who aren't right for you and with whom a relationship is doomed to go south.

You also seem to be looking for a boyfriend (right?), which is never a good thing, if you stop looking for a boyfriend you'll stop investing yourself so heavily in men who are not worth investing in and you'll see them more clearly for who they are. Work on yourself, build your confidence and self worth, that way you wont be so crushed if things don't workout with a guy and you wont be so hurt if they turn out to be a douchebag.

I agree!

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
The thing is, some people are jerks, no matter their gender.

But there are a lot of men and women who are warm, empathetic, fun, interesting, emotionally mature, deep.

You just have to be on the lookout for them and avoid the jerky ones.

guynmn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have had a number of friends; male, female, gay, str8 who have what I call asshole syndrome. They are like a magnet for the biggest douches around. LOL, I told my sister in law once she needed to look around, pick out the guys she was immediately attracted to and ignore them. She had the most uncanny ability to find and date the "same man" again and again.
Some people get stuck in a pattern of being attracted to and attracting negative relationships. Take some time fir yourself and find what lead you to these guys, what you were/are looking for, and what they had in common. Might also be helpful to stop looking for a while. Seems to me the harder you look for something the more difficult it is to find it, even if that something is right in front of you. When you step back from searching and really look at a situation it is amazing what you see.

avdude19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thnx, you guys are probably right, i'm just being brash and unreasonable about myself and everything I've been through. Initailly I thought going through all this would make me stronger, but I think it's made me weaker and more dependent on others to take me away from my thoughts. Well now i admit that right now I really want to have a friend to the unfortunate events that haunt my troubled mind. Gahh it's just hard for me to deal with cuz there is no real person I know that I can talk to about my problems (not trust issues, more like insecurity issues. Hints for I'm not out about being bi nor am I ready for that) I just want to be able to tell someone something about my life without worrying. Man this is so fustrating! Aha I guess the real question now is why don't I allow myself to be happy.