Why are Americans so focused on blowjobs and Europeans on pussy eating?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
My girlfriend is american and she's a serious cock junkie, moreso than most lovers i've had who were english. She'll happily spend hours giving me head without wanting anything in return. I have no idea if that's indicative of the female american population or not.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've already posted once here, but I'm going to post again.

And please don't shoot me anybody... this is honestly what goes on in the back of my mind...

Guy: Ooooooh, baby, let me lick that luscious little pussy down there...

Me: Uh, well... I don't know....

Guy: Oh, yeah, baby... don't you know? It's my favorite thing...

Me: (thinks: it is??!!!) Uh... well....

Guy: Yeah, baby... I live for it!

Me: (thinks: Yeah, right, I don't believe a word you're saying....)

- - - -

(True scenario -- has happened a number of times!)

I honestly don't think guys like it THAT much. ANd I personally think that they're just SAYING that because they think it's what I want to hear.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I honestly don't think guys like it THAT much. ANd I personally think that they're just SAYING that because they think it's what I want to hear.

IMO, if they're announcing their intention, it seems like they're talking themselves into it.

I've always just thought it was blatantly obvious where my trail of kisses was leading. I might take a meandering, circuitous path to the target more often than not, but there's still no question where I'm intending to finish up.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I assure you, you are wrong. I know most women love to suck cock, I would guess you do. Think about why you love it, and you'll see why many men love to eat pussy. Its the same thing.

Men love to look at naked women, spreading their labia in Penthouse, how much closer of an extreme close up can you get, than by burying your face in it?

dammit, Im chubbin just thinking about it.

Its kind of ridiculous to think they are still trying to get you in bed... they already have you! :lol: They are telling you exactly what they want... to eat you out.

Sometimes its the feelign of preparing a pussy, getting it nice and wet for a good fucking, other times, its more like pussy worship, perhaps even a bit submissive... (I remmebr once, my gf at the time was spanking my ass with her feet when I was eating her out, every slap, I would almost nut right there, but it was a tad awkward and difficult for her), and other times, its almost controlling and dominant... you take complete control of her and give her a merciless tongue lashing she will never forget, and she gets off when you deem it proper.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IMO, if they're announcing their intention, it seems like they're talking themselves into it.

Or they are trying to talk dirty. which is usually the case when I say I love it....

or get my fingers wet and lick it off... or get my fingers wet, smear it on her lips, and kiss it off... or...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think that the OP may have a point.

I'm not big on being eaten, but half the men I've "been with" never did it and never even suggested it. Meanwhile, all but one of them asked for blow jobs.

I've encountered lovers who said they loved to eat pussy but when the time came, they spent 2 maybe three minutes downtown. Enough to tease and get you wet with their tongue so they can proceed to the main event i.e., penetration.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My boyfriend is english and he's a serious muff junkie, moreso than most lovers i've had who were american. He'll happily spend hours giving me head without wanting anything in return. I have no idea if that's indicative of the male english population or not.

My girlfriend is american and she's a serious cock junkie, moreso than most lovers i've had who were english. She'll happily spend hours giving me head without wanting anything in return. I have no idea if that's indicative of the female american population or not.

You two should get together if your current relationships don't work out :wink:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, davey, you're such a wit!! :biggrin1:

- - - - -

MB -- actually, come to think of it, you do have a point. I guess the equation is TIME. If they spend time down there (until you drag them away!), then maybe they ARE speaking the truth. The rest of them -- well, let's see if they put (keep) their mouth where the money (shot) goes.... :biggrin1:

- - - -

Ohhh, NewEnd.... my goodness!!! You're making me blush!!! :tongue: (I like your styles....!) (emphasis on the plural!)

* takes notes *

- - - - -

HG -- mmmm.... you have a point too. A man of few words (at certain times) is very attractive!

- - - - -

OK, I stand corrected! Thanks, guys!

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
My boyfriend is english and he's a serious muff junkie, moreso than most lovers i've had who were american. He'll happily spend hours giving me head without wanting anything in return. I have no idea if that's indicative of the male english population or not.

That's indicative of the entire Western European male population. This has been well researched.

Euros = pussy eaters.
Americans = anti pussy eaters.

The question was: whence this strange and stark difference? I think American culture is rather prudish about sex and has lots of taboos surrounding the female body (partly due to the protestant ethic), whereas the more catholic cultures of Europe have no taboos on the body whatsoever (as catholicism is a religion of the senses and the passio, versus protestantism, which is far more cerebral). Just my anthropological guess.

I'm not pro or contra any type of activity. In fact, I like both types of oral sex (even though I obviously prefer giving head to a girl, over receiving a blowjob). I just noted the difference, and asked which are its roots. No biggie really.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I've already posted once here, but I'm going to post again.

And please don't shoot me anybody... this is honestly what goes on in the back of my mind...

Guy: Ooooooh, baby, let me lick that luscious little pussy down there...

Me: Uh, well... I don't know....

Guy: Oh, yeah, baby... don't you know? It's my favorite thing...

Me: (thinks: it is??!!!) Uh... well....

Guy: Yeah, baby... I live for it!

Me: (thinks: Yeah, right, I don't believe a word you're saying....)

- - - -

(True scenario -- has happened a number of times!)

Visit Europe, take any boy on a date, and that conversation will occur. The difference is: he will actually eat you out for quite a while. If you happen to like it and orgasm, he will be satisfied and think of having intercourse with you.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's indicative of the entire Western European male population. This has been well researched.
You're making a very unfair sweeping generalisation unless you produce said research.
The question was: whence this strange and stark difference? I think American culture is rather prudish about sex and has lots of taboos surrounding the female body (partly due to the protestant ethic), whereas the more catholic cultures of Europe have no taboos on the body whatsoever (as catholicism is a religion of the senses and the passio, versus protestantism, which is far more cerebral). Just my anthropological guess.
Um...I take it you're not a theologian. Catholic cultures have no taboo on the body? Catholics may enjoy their smells and bells but genuflecting doesn't mean catholics cornerned the market on passion and sensuality. That's absurd. And how is protestantism more cerebral than catholicism? Please explain.

To answer your question I don't think denominational differences are the reason for the taboos. The roots of puritannical thought are much more complex than that.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where does this difference come from? Are European men more curious, open-minded, social, mature and less phallocratic than American men, who would be more selfish, egoistical, pubescent and primitive?

Or are European women more liberated and emancipated, resulting in them having succeeded in getting men to do their duty - that is, kissing the pussy until it comes.

Maybe you're just an idiot?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
You're making a very unfair sweeping generalisation unless you produce said research.

Um...I take it you're not a theologian. Catholic cultures have no taboo on the body? Catholics may enjoy their smells and bells but genuflecting doesn't mean catholics cornerned the market on passion and sensuality. That's absurd. And how is protestantism more cerebral than catholicism? Please explain.

To answer your question I don't think denominational differences are the reason for the taboos. The roots of puritannical thought are much more complex than that.

I was using the denominational differences more as cultural anthropologists and sociologists use them. You know, like Weber did in his famous study on the Protestant Work Ethic.

But, hey, it's not that strict, it's just an anthropological exploration. Just like sociologists analyse the labor market, literary traditions, or flyfishing through the spectrum of protestantism versus catholicism. It's just an explanatory metaphor. Used quite often in, eh, European thought.

Hemi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally Posted by johnschlong

Where does this difference come from? Are European men more curious, open-minded, social, mature and less phallocratic than American men, who would be more selfish, egoistical, pubescent and primitive?

Or are European women more liberated and emancipated, resulting in them having succeeded in getting men to do their duty - that is, kissing the pussy until it comes.

These may be the most loaded questions since 'Are you still beating your wife?'

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But, hey, it's not that strict, it's just an anthropological exploration. Just like sociologists analyse the labor market, literary traditions, or flyfishing through the spectrum of protestantism versus catholicism. It's just an explanatory metaphor. Used quite often in, eh, European thought.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:bsflag:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
johnschlong,

Have you referenced for us the research book(s) you note here? I couldn't find them in this thread but I might have zoomed past it. I know others have asked for the references, too. I'd be interested in reading them, if only to see if I agree with their interpretation of their work. That tends to be the problem with 'research': you have to be careful not to 'spin' the information toward a particular bias or opinion or else you've lost the reason for true research. Which is to be impartial (hard to do, but necessary).

In any case, the real interesting thing for me is how your original questions were phrased, john. You made them in such a way, that no matter how one answered them, it reads as an unpleasant Euro-bashing of the American crowd ('damned if you do, damned if you don't' sort of choices). I'm originally from the US and really don't care one way or another what you think of an entire country, which I think you pretty much betray in your 'questions'. But it might have been more even-handed and fair to state your opinions (ie that European men are 'more curious, open-minded....' and American men '...more selfish, egoistical...) rather than disguise them as research-based curiosity.

So, what are these research references? Enquiring minds want to know!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's indicative of the entire Western European male population.

Euros = pussy eaters.
Americans = anti pussy eaters.

Here's an equally valid theoretical supposition:

European men are pussies, but are comfortable wearing such a label. Being more secure in themselves as persons, they eschew socially imposed limitations on taboo behaviors.

American men are also pussies, but their repressive culture does not permit them to live according to their reality. Instead, they must live closeted lives, with their outward appearances and behaviors dictated by a culture awash in mindless machismo. This fear of taboos also includes cannibalism, which society frowns upon very heavily...hence American men are afraid to eat the pussy.

QED.