Why are Americans so focused on blowjobs and Europeans on pussy eating?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
So, what are these research references? Enquiring minds want to know!

I'm researching them. One is by a rather well known (in the US) sexologist from Berkeley, a Jewish woman who wrote a book about oral sex in White Anglosaxon Protestantism (WASP culture).

The other comes from a famous documentary about the work of an American professor who analysed the primitive nature of American sexuality and its history as compared to the sexual mores of continental Europe.

The European documentary put his insights into the context of:

1. the atmosphere of post-911 Christian fundamentalism in the US (the conservative universe that has come to dominate America)
2. the Lewinsky affair, which was used as the metaphor for the culmination of America's obsession with blowjobs
3. with Deep Throat, as the symbol of the entire negation of feminine desire in America, by graphically placing the clitoris of a woman in her throat.
4. and within the context of the American trend towards labia reductions, which points to an infantilization of the female genitalia
5. this then ended with the question: why are American men so scared about a woman's vulva, in such a way that they either want its labia cut so as to obtain a non-pussy, or by negating her sex by putting her clitoris metaphorically in her throat, instead of where it belongs (the Deep Throat metaophor)
6. the closing showed the results of studies showing that American men do not eat pussy; results the root causes for which were explained throughout the film

Will get back to you with the exact references.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is anyone still taking this cunt seriously? Remember this thread?

http://www.lpsg.org/60934-united-states-have-become-sex.html

Another thinly veiled America bashing thread that was complete and utter bullshit that he tried to pass off as legitimate curiosity/inquiry. His veils have gotten thinner, as some other posters have noted, as you can clearly see in the language of his posts in this thread all his "questions" are heavily loaded, insinuating negative things about all American men and women. Also, how does his plan to go on sex tour in America make sense in light of the fact that he also started this thread:

http://www.lpsg.org/67692-should-prostitution-be-legalized.html

Where using more completely loaded questions he insinuates that all who disagree with his implied position that all prostitution should be illegal are stupid and unethical. Yet in the other thread he was talking about how great it would be to fuck cheap dirty street whores in back alleys in Compton.

This jackass has nothing at all to contribute other than sharing his weird trans obsession. He's clearly a troll, regularly contradicting himself in attempts to bait other posters into responding to his meagerly disguised hate speech. Ignore this fuckwit.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for that, john. Will come back to this later today and see what you've come up with.

I hadn't heard of the increase in labia reductions in America. Though I have heard of the decrease in circumcisions...hmmm...?

Your comment 5, though, is the one that worries me because of it's lack of impartiality. I'll assume it's been paraphrased or that it came after buckets of supporting documentation. I think you said it's from a documentary... I won't go into the extreme lack of impartiality of 'the documentary'. I try not to get too excited with the info in the average docco. They are hardly considered the pinnacle of good research but tend to go for a more inflammatory and high-context interpretation of their observations. Understandable, since they are for entertainment.

Ok, looking forward to your numerous supportive references. Always up for a good read! Ta.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't find anything in your post that conforms to what I've experienced.

I don't know where people find all these non pussy eating men, in my entire life I've only known one man who didn't eat pussy (a friend's husband) and we all thought he was weird.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's a strange cultural difference. In America, people are obsessed with blowjobs and it's self-evident that a girl will go down on a man. But a man giving head to a girl is seen as more exceptional.

Despite what you may read, America is not obsessed with blow jobs. You may think that because of what happened when Clinton was in office. And not all women are even into giving them. Many will not go down unless she's in a relationship with the guy.

In Europe, it's just the other way around. When you're in a bar looking for a date, you will probably seduce a girl and kiss her pussy first, before anything else happens.

I find it hard to believe a guy would go down on a woman he just met at a bar. She may smell or be having her period.

Where does this difference come from? Are European men more curious, open-minded, social, mature and less phallocratic than American men, who would be more selfish, egoistical, pubescent and primitive?

Not necessarily. Where did you get this information?

Or are European women more liberated and emancipated, resulting in them having succeeded in getting men to do their duty - that is, kissing the pussy until it comes.

That has nothing to do with being more liberated.

In any case, in Europe you will find that men will eat out a girl, just for her pleasure, without asking anything in return.

No matter where a man lives, America or Europe, he may go down on her and expect nothing in return, but not usually during a hookup. Most women consider a man going down on her extremely intimate, and will only let him do it if they're in a relationship.

Hemi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every year, Durex performs the world's largest Global Sex Survey (2005 results can be found here), and every year the results show that whether you're talking about vibrators, handcuffs, threesomes, orgasms, number of partners, or any other sexual metric, Americans are just as active, experimental, and satisfied as their cousins overseas. You'll find the same results with virtually every global sex survey you come across.

On another note, you (johnschlong) can't seriously be calling Catholicism a sex-positive religion. If you were claiming that sex was less taboo in Western Europe because overall religiosity is lower, then you might have something, but Catholicism is among the most sex-negative religions in the world.

Moreover, why are you bringing Catholicism up regarding mercurialbliss' boyfriend, who is from the UK, a predominately Protestant country. The United States, by comparison, is much more Catholic, with more than 25% of the country followers of the faith.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
We're more open about sex in Europe and we prefer a seven course degustation to a 36 ounce steak, and belons to the prairie variety.

This is a generalisation of course. All the US guys here are major league studs who can lick their eyebrows :cool:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thought many of his posts seamed a bit weighted to one side (EU Vs US).

Now as a Brit who has often travelled to the US (NY and Denver, CO), I can assure you most US women who I have met (and bedded plenty of them:biggrin1:) I can assure you they are no worse than what you would find in the EU.

Different maybe, but enjoyable all the same.

Each country (and with the states even every state) can be different, but this does NOT automatically makes them bad.

Is anyone still taking this cunt seriously? Remember this thread?

http://www.lpsg.org/60934-united-states-have-become-sex.html

Another thinly veiled America bashing thread that was complete and utter bullshit that he tried to pass off as legitimate curiosity/inquiry. His veils have gotten thinner, as some other posters have noted, as you can clearly see in the language of his posts in this thread all his "questions" are heavily loaded, insinuating negative things about all American men and women. Also, how does his plan to go on sex tour in America make sense in light of the fact that he also started this thread:

http://www.lpsg.org/67692-should-prostitution-be-legalized.html

Where using more completely loaded questions he insinuates that all who disagree with his implied position that all prostitution should be illegal are stupid and unethical. Yet in the other thread he was talking about how great it would be to fuck cheap dirty street whores in back alleys in Compton.

This jackass has nothing at all to contribute other than sharing his weird trans obsession. He's clearly a troll, regularly contradicting himself in attempts to bait other posters into responding to his meagerly disguised hate speech. Ignore this fuckwit.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I met my soon to be wife I remember thinking that she would probably really enjoy receiving oral sex, I know I liked the idea of receiving a blowjob and I assumed that women would like to have their pussy licked and sucked. Sure enough she likes to be eaten and I really enjoy giving her oral sex. She has a standing offer to sit on my face anytime, I just wish she would take me up on my offer. She has wonderful orgasms that way.

D_Steve_Blough_Jobs

Account Disabled
Media
I guess that I must be mostly European, because my favorite thing in the world is to eat some really nice pussy. The best of both worlds Lee M would be a 69 position with the woman on top so she could smother me with those juices as she came on my face. That makes my big cock harder than anything else.
CJ

Hemi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been reading some of johnschlong's threads, and there is no way he's European. He's obviously an American posing, trying to make Europeans look bad.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ahhhh...now we get to it. This wasn't really a question about sexual activity but a thinly veiled American bashing.

I agree that it is difficult to be impartial. But in a forum such as this where you're talking to a variety of genders, nationalities, sexual preferences, and dick sizes, I think it's important to attempt to be civil and logical. I found the people on LPSG to be quite intelligent, so don't be surprised when we call you on your dishonesty.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a strange cultural difference. In America, people are obsessed with blowjobs and it's self-evident that a girl will go down on a man. But a man giving head to a girl is seen as more exceptional.

In Europe, it's just the other way around. When you're in a bar looking for a date, you will probably seduce a girl and kiss her pussy first, before anything else happens. Pleasuring the woman is central for European men. They can't enjoy sex if the girl doesn't enjoy it.

Where does this difference come from? Are European men more curious, open-minded, social, mature and less phallocratic than American men, who would be more selfish, egoistical, pubescent and primitive?

Or are European women more liberated and emancipated, resulting in them having succeeded in getting men to do their duty - that is, kissing the pussy until it comes.

In any case, in Europe you will find that men will eat out a girl, just for her pleasure, without asking anything in return. In the U.S. this is, as far as I can tell, not the habit. There, it's a blowjob-centered universe.

im american, and ive never met a man who doesnt eat pussy. but fuck you anyway for being a stereotype pedalling asshole.