Why are baggy shorts and pants so popular?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by balboajo, Aug 14, 2007.

1. balboajo

balboajo New Member

I have lived in college towns with a love of hot students around. They seem very athletic, and at the beach I can see they have toned muscluar bodies when their shirts are off. My question is about the style of baggy pants, shorts, and bathing suits. It seems to me if a guy wants to show off his hot ass or nice package to the ladies or gents, then the baggy look is counter-productive. How much longer will this look last? It's not a flattering style.

2. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

i wear baggy clothes, tight clothes are a little uncomfortable especially if you have a big package. try stuffing an 8 inch cock into some tight wranglers, it aint happening for me anyways

3. balboajo

balboajo New Member

Do you find that since your baggy clothes don't show off your package that your partners are pleasantly surprised once they see the goods?

4. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

well the two girls ive been with in my lifetime always said something along the lines of "geez where'd you been hiding this monster at?" so yeah.:smile:

5. balboajo

balboajo New Member

what do the guys say?

6. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

ive never been with a guy

7. burns1de

Gold Member

Maybe YOU want them to show off; maybe WE just want to be comfortable. Thight-fitting pants are NEVER comfortable when you're packing considerably more than the average man (at least, in my experience).

Case in point. Thank you.

8. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

Comfort > cock showing I'm afraid :)

9. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I wear baggier clothes to let the boys breath and be comfortable. They sometimes complain when they are stuffed in close quarters for a long period of time !!!

10. mattflanders

mattflanders Member

Albums:
    They're popular because they're incredibly comfortable. I hate wearing tight jeans because it feels like I'm being suffocated, it's really hard to keep the package in place and when your dick moves it's hard to adjust yourself without everyone noticing... None of that with baggy pants.
    For me, in summer, it's cargo pants all the way! :smile:

11. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Comfort and, possibly, the increased popularity of boxers. In my twenties, almost all young men wore briefs and many wore fairly tight jeans. Snug jeans are not comfortable with boxers.

12. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I heard that! It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other - just buy the right size. To me, the middle of the road is the way to go. Loose enough to be comfortable, yet fitted enough to look flattering.

13. s4mula

s4mula New Member

Baggy clothing were started by fat people who wore them so you couldnt tell how fat they were- From what i was told when i was younger...

14. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Men's fashions are kinda like yo-yo dieters... they get BIG then they get SMALL... then they get BIG again.

Me, myself, I prefer the more svelte clothes so I can ogle a man's package. :wink:

15. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Funny! You're right, though. During the '60s, '70s, and early '80s, all regular size guys teens - 40s wore fairly snug pants and jeans. Some of the fat people did, too. You would only see older or chubby men in baggy clothes, but not the fit ones.

16. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I need to wear baggier clothing for comfort. Tight clothes just don't work for me.

17. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

I'll try to wear something more revealing in future - I wouldn't want the starving masses to go hungry now ;)

18. HighLuckStats

HighLuckStats New Member

I asked around about baggy pants, (specifically Sagging your pant to show off you boxers) And found out that sagging got started in prison so that when you did sagg it was to alert the other inmates that you we're a bottom (or open for anal sex)

as for me and baggy pants/clothes I dont really like it... If it doesn't flatter your body then you aren't dressed well... It doesn't nessisarily have to be tight all the way around I can't wear tight pants. with the way i'm shaped (the large cock don't help either) it looks odd I can wear fitted ones that have striaght lose legs and I will be fine...

My point is, everyone is different and should wear what look's good on them and what looks good to them.

as for baggy pants, I think that is a dying trend myself, i see lil skaters roaming aroung on their boards with pants i could never wear, and back in the day (1990's) it was cool for skaters to wear baggy jeans...

19. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    WTF? Whoever told you that baggy clothes were created by fat people is a catty bitch.

High Luck is partly right.

Baggy clothes came into existance in response to what was happening during the late 80's and mid 90's in LA and New York. In jail, there were only one-size prison outfits and the pants had no drawstrings; so men would go around with baggy pants, hanging off their asses. Once they got out of jail, they'd continue to dress that way, wearing pants that were multiple sizes bigger than they. Also, it was alot easier to hide things such as weapons or drugs or whatever. These styles were picked up by hip-hop and pop artists and then became the "new thing." It hasn't gone away since.

20. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's what I always heard, it started in prison so inmates could hide weapons on themselves. I don't think it had anything to do with being a bottom and if it did I don't think it would have became so popular.

Draft saved Draft deleted