Why are baggy shorts and pants so popular?

rimmer9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've just arrived back in the UK after a vacation in Miami and I was surprised to find that around the hotel pool I was the only guy wearing Aussiebum swim trunks. Everyone else was wearing baggy board shorts. I know they look good but come on guys if you have a good body show it off.
I used to arrive at the pool in my board shorts then drop them to reveal not too brief aussies and hey the admiring looks made my wife pretty proud.

HighLuckStats

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I may have to retract a lil bit of what i said earlier as my girlfriend was "dressing me" making me try on all sorts of pants nothing looked good... until the last pair i tried on... they were tighter, but there was no bulge, they didn't make it look like my legs came to a point, or make me look like a pear... they looked really good! I asked what brand they were she said they were guess?... BUT that's not what surprised me, they were GIRLS jeans!!! hahaha i hate to admit it but if it looks good on you, wear it...

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Maybe just different part of the world....

I noticed, even the Americans here are really into their overly baggy sweat pants, male & female, they look so unattractive, I was like whats up with that?

Over this part of the world, skinny jeans, low riders, buns huggers are totally in.

Even we wear boardies, but at the moment white revealing low rider boardies are in, and many wear tight speedoes underneath or just wear brazilian styled squared swimming brief boxers.

Also a lot of these new tight clothing have the large pouch in mind, so they are extremely comfortable :D

If only America is not so self-centred, they can perhaps learn a few fashion tips from other parts of the world

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe just different part of the world....

If only America is not so self-centred, they can perhaps learn a few fashion tips from other parts of the world
The Puritans were a large part of the early settlers of the United States. That influence is painfully felt to this day. I would love to see the baggy look give way to nicely fitted clothing.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, not everyone likes clothing that is form fitting. I know that many people like to see guys who have hot bodies wearing little to no clothing, but that's just something that doesn't fit everyone's lifestyle. Besides, if a guy was walking around wearing little to no clothing, most people would be offended or think, "oh, he think's he's the shit...no one wants to see his narcisistic ass!"

jayflamewalker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My theory is the baggy style is a fashion trend that started in the urban neighborhoods by young african americans the style became so popular that it spread throughout the country but not just african americans but white americans alike young and old and trust me alot of them do wear briefs they just dont want people to know that so they wear boxers over them because today there is a myth that briefs are associated with being gay when nothing could be further from the truth case in point my roommate who happens to be an african american 52 years of age told me he used to wear briefs untill one day his wife started to make fun of him, that day he switch now he wears only boxer briefs he himself told me that briefs are what most gay men wear of coarse every now and then he wears breifs but i never seen him in them I know because I seen it in his laundry my buddy so homophobic he is from the old school like my dad I try to tell him he has to loosen up a little we are in a new day and age where alot of things are acceptable now and we are two grown men and he should stop being so shy. I myself am 57 years old and wear briefs and am proud of it I walk around the apartment in them its no big deal.

rlit195908

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree to that, wowem can wear almost nothing and feel good about that why can't men be more proud of their bodies and wear tight trunks at the beach, or tighter shorts in public, where has the old trend gone?

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guys are raised (in the Bible toutingsouthern states especially) to feel ashamed and guilty about their bodies and their sexual urges. Lots of repression and embarrassment about there being acock between your legs and that anyonemight seeit or worse you might use it. It is sad guys are not raised to be proud of thier bodies and to want to show them off no matter who is looking at it.

nice_guy_here

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I buy normal-style jeans or trousers that are the right size for my waist, they are like a skinny-style on my thighs. If I buy them so that they are comfortable for my thighs and don't squeeze my nuts up out my ears, then there are about 6 inches of waist line that I have to reign in with a belt. To be honest, male fashion is pretty crap in general, but the overall "standard" meaurements for guys is way off the actual. I tried buying a suit off the rail, if it fit me across the shoulders I could fit someone else with me around the stomach. Male clothing today is designed to fit the "average" man who, I'm sorry to say, is getting rounder around the middle and less "V-shaped".

However, back onto to the topic directly - baggy pants are comfortable yes and can look good up to a point. Baggy shorts for swimming/beach/etc. are because many men are shy about their lower half, not just the package but of their legs. Having worked at a swimming pool I've seen this first hand. The first thing they do when exiting the water is to adjust their waistband so that there is no outline anymore or their penis or (a lot of the time) skinny legs.