Why are heavily tattooed and pierced guys so criticized on here

Flapperjack

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I don't post much on here and this is my first thread. I've noticed a lot that on here that guys are often criticized for having a lot of work done. There's a lot of oh he's hot but he's ruining it with all those tattoo's. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but as a heavily tattooed and pierced guy it's gets annoying hearing about how someone would look so much better if he never did that to himself. I've encountered this in my personal life quite a bit as well. I personally prefer guys who have a lot of tattoo's and piercings but I'm not on have the boards saying he would look so much better if he had a full sleeve or a few piercings would really make him look better. Thoughts?

Neither the wife nor myself have them, but I think they are like clothes. Some people look really good with them and some people they just don't fit right. The problem with most lines of work, societies and/or cultures are that they judge people by appearance so sometime tattoos and piercings can work against you.

My own opinion on this here is that people are giving you a glimpse of their personal side, so no one should be overly critical of others in this forum if it isn't hurting the viewer or violating the TOS.

rubbernuts

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As a tattooed and pierced guy, my pet hate is seeing "tattoos" spelled with an apostrophe before the "s".

And yes, I've lost count of the number of tattoo shops who make the same mistake in their sign writing.

As for the OP's question, what about some pics of your work so we have a better idea of why people are picking on your ink? :banana:

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a couple of piercings and tattoos and have not been criticsed directly; album comments have been positive.

However any thread discussing piercing or tattooing does attract occasional comments as described, but these are open forums and evryone is entitled their opinion.

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a couple of piercings and tattoos and have not been criticsed directly; album comments have been positive.

However any thread discussing piercing or tattooing does attract occasional comments as described, but these are open forums and evryone is entitled their opinion.

D_Skippy_Skidmarx

Sexy Member
Media
I am indifferent to body art and jewelry. I admit that some folks my be extreme with their art work and piercings but each to their own. So it's better for me to admire them than criticize them. I have a tattoo of an anchor and I am about to get a Prince Albert piercing next week.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There was an older guy working at the local gas station from the Vietnam War who had numerous tats, but because of changes in body shape from when he first had them done, they looked like dark blobs all ofer his arms. Never saw his upper torso. The only thing I can suggest for you younger guys with tats, keep in shape of they too, will appear, when you reach close to my age, as colorful blobs under the skin.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't mind tats. I don't have any, but that's my choice.

Personally, I don't get the whole sleeve/cover your whole back and chest thing. I think they look sexy with a bit of contrast between the tattoos and the bare skin.

Otherwise, IMO it becomes a mess of ink without definition.

D_JohnQPubic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some are attractive, some are fascinating, some are really bad choices. As others have said, it's all personal taste. Alas, unlike clothes, they aren't so easy to change.

But anyone who can invent a painless, safe, and inexpensive tattoo removal system is going to become a millionaire in the future.

rjp1346

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tats and piercings are personal choice, why is it necessary to judge someone by their appearance. Talk to someone who is pierced and tattooed. Really talk and listen. If you choose not to be pierced or tattooed that is you choice and someone who is, is not judging you because of what you don't have. I have had negative remarks from people here and elsewhere about my piercings, they are mine and my business, if you don't like them that is fine. Don't know who said it, but "Don't judge a book, by it's cover".

hairynyc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tatts are trashy and I'll be glad when people stop doing them. Old people with bad tattoo are so gross

I occasionally look in over at Ugliest Tattoos and one of the more common comments is along the lines of, "That's going to look terrible when he/she is old." In one such thread a person remarked that a tattoo would be good for laughs for the nurse's aides when the bearer was in a nursing home. Then someone posted this response:

"I work at a nursing home, and although they are not very common among that generation, I have seen several decades-old tattoos. Not once has the bearer expressed any regret about the change in the appearance. Most of the time they are proud to tell you what is means to them if you ask. If the tattoo is a decent size and fairly well done, most are still very recognizable for what they were.
As to being funny, I was literally brought to tears by a Pink Floyd tattoo on an inner thigh on a hospice resident because it was such a profound reminder that the bedridden and cancer-riddled lady I was caring for was once so vibrant and self-assured."

I read that months ago, but I still find it incredibly moving to think about.

I don't have any tattoos myself, though I have thought about it. There are a couple of images I have in mind should I ever finally take the plunge. Unfortunately, as my name indicates, I am pretty hairy and can't imagine hair springing through the images looking very good.

I don't have any big preference for or against tattoos. Piercings freak me out a bit just because I always think they're going to get caught on things. As long as a person leaves their face alone, I'm pretty much fine with anything.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As someone who enjoys both tats, piercings, and other forms of body modification (like ball collars), I often comment favorably when a member offers a pic and have noticed most other comments are similarly supportive.

Without examples, I think you're exaggerating. :shrug:
this

I can truly appreciate all body types, ethnicities, race, personalities, tats or no tats, piercings or no piercing. I know how this sounds but I really take anyone how they are - people want to be nothing but themselves so why make them feel bad about it!? I've been made fun of a lot for being skinny so... I have a thing for sticking up for people ha ha. Used to have a lot of piercing but removed them all and have a couple tattoos now.

AcidA

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Generally I like tattoos because often they relay something about a persons personality that you might not see otherwise. However I have a hard time of "appreciating" the generic ones "incert random chines saying".

On the topic of piercings though I've never understood why anybody would get them as they dont really say much more about you than just that you have a piercing.