Why are heavily tattooed and pierced guys so criticized on here

Flapperjack

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm not gonna post pictures of my work just to get my point across, most of my tattoo work is hidden by my clothes but i have many visible tattoo's and it's difficult to even go grocery shopping from time to time. the only specific thread i can recall off hand is the one about the david beckham super bowl ad, lots of negatives about him being so heavily tattooed. I've seen many similar comments throughout other threads, i believe there are a lot in the naked weigh-in threads. I could just be lucky and coming across alll the threads that have these comments.

D

deleted692552

I personally will not get them permanent on my body.

I have this thing for multiple personalities (example: http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0249618900552_678730551_9041623_4093260_n.jpg) and tend to dress up for different things. I will get temporary ink or piercings on me for what I feel like on that occasion. I have mimic'ed tattoos in the past for my body, and it looks good for that moment.

I judge to a minimal amount based on that you won't see me with a partner inked like that. It just does not fit with me because I like the body naturally. As far as friends go and such, they can go ahead because I won't criticize unless you ask my opinion but you won't see me all over you like it is amazing for doing that to your body.

D_GordonRamZee

Just Browsing
Media
Never judge someone because they have tattoos or piercings. My entire back, ribcage, chest, shoulders, upper arms and pelvic are covered. I hope you wouldnt think any different if you knew that Im a widowed father and served this country in the military. I never look at anyone as just a bad appearance.

As a tattooed and pierced guy, my pet hate is seeing "tattoos" spelled with an apostrophe before the "s".

And yes, I've lost count of the number of tattoo shops who make the same mistake in their sign writing.

As for the OP's question, what about some pics of your work so we have a better idea of why people are picking on your ink? :banana:

Forgive the spelling brother. No offense meant.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Got a large gauge PA myself, and find with folks (Like with tat's I find too), it's like Marmite..... you either love them or hate them, but some of the haters really go out of their way on these boards to push their point across.

End of the day, be a boring world if everyone was the same.

Verity is the spice of life after all. :smile:

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I love tattoos and piercings, have some myself, I think it's still slightly looked down on to have them so I know people are going to be more harsh about it online then they would be in real life. After working at Hot Topic for five years you come to see what people think of the whole Body Mod thing.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to include myself in the group that does not like tats. It's just my preference, but I just don't get why anyone would want something so permanent. I see someone like David Beckham and Adam Levine and the first thing I think of is why did they cover their already beautiful bodies with tatoos. I constatnly surprised that the tatoo craze has not died off a bit. I think that tatoo removal would be a good business to go into in the futre. I've seen people with their face and neck covered. I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. Not judging, just my tastes.

11ish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have not tatts, but i got my tongue pierced a few years ago, should of done it when i was 18 tbh

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think it's like everything else, clothes, hairstyles, etc. Some work differently on different people.

Personally, I'm not against tats at all. I just think there's a level and style with them that are tasteful, and a level that goes beyond.

I'm not the biggest fan of whole body tattooing or the entire arm being sleeved. To me, that just looks like a mess of random images in many cases. I also like to see some contrast with the tat and the skin.

Also, what the tattoo is also makes a difference to me. If it's some random image, it's a bit like WTF?

Tats are a RIDICULOUS turn on for me!!

Enjoy: BROKEN WINGS

Like that Broken Wings blog. Some of the people's tattoos on there were absolutely gorgeous. The design and art and everything just worked well.

Some, not so much.

That's why some of the people, like Aaron Hernandez, or a baseball player named Ryan Roberts, I find their tats to be a bit tragic. They seem to be covering their beautiful skin with just a bunch of random images. Not sexy to me.

However, Your Mileage May Vary.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To me, the answer is pretty simple....

Anything to an excess, will be criticized by some, appreciated by a few.

Very skinny? Some will criticize.
Very hairy body? Some will criticize.
Very muscular? The same....

If it's something that you have chosen to be, don't worry about the ones that don't like it. Engage with those that do :smile:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'm not gonna post pictures of my work just to get my point across, most of my tattoo work is hidden by my clothes but i have many visible tattoo's and it's difficult to even go grocery shopping from time to time. the only specific thread i can recall off hand is the one about the david beckham super bowl ad, lots of negatives about him being so heavily tattooed. I've seen many similar comments throughout other threads, i believe there are a lot in the naked weigh-in threads. I could just be lucky and coming across alll the threads that have these comments.
Damn I was hoping to be the first one to say pix please! :biggrin:

If the tattoos have meaning to someone that's all that's important. If someone is just obsessed with something and puts it on their body then that's a bit odd. Something like someone getting ALL the Disney characters because they just LOVE them all.

If you have trashy tats then I think ppl see that and recognize them as that. Or some kind of mishmash of artwork, or the message that is displayed in the tats, gang or anti-(ethnicity).

Not everybody is an artist, and not everybody should permanently mark their bodies because that's just what others are doing.

I think you were just unlucky in finding some of the vehemently anti-tattoo people posting in threads.

For the most part I like tattoos, sleeved guys in particular. :redface:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bollocks, OP!

I've yet to encounter anyone run down for their body art or their piercings.

As a matter of fact one of THE best galleries on this site belongs to a man would has some of the most vibrant and beautifully executed body art I've seen in a while.

Trust me it hasn't hampered his popularity at all.

http://www.lpsg.org/members/umami_tsunami/albums/random+coolness/

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Bollocks, OP!

I've yet to encounter anyone run down for their body art or their piercings.

As a matter of fact one of THE best galleries on this site belongs to a man would has some of the most vibrant and beautifully executed body art I've seen in a while.

Trust me it hasn't hampered his popularity at all.

http://www.lpsg.org/members/umami_tsunami/albums/random+coolness/

I don't think it's any one specific poster on here that gets slagged for having tats. However, there is a thread called "Accepting Tattoo Ideas" that when it gets bumped, some people post attachments and links to some of the most ridiculous tattoos I've ever seen. Which, IMO is not cool. I mean, tattoos are a person's personal choice. Some are better than others, but....alas.

And yeah, Umami Tsunami's arm tat is gorgeous.

bigo4show

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally don't judge any one individual because of race,religion,or sexual orientation. But I've been criticized pretty much all my life do to my race and my love for tattoos. I can admit that the amount of tattoos I've put on my body can be overwhelming to some and I've been criticized and overlooked because of them. I've been turned away from jobs because others see my tats before they see the real me. I've done many competitions that I should've won but didn't because of all my tats. Every single tattoo I got has a story behind it. From my first that I got in New Guinea back in 95 in tribute to a friend that past away,to the last one I got a few years back in tribute to my nephew being born. Just because I have pretty much covered my body with tats doesn't mean I'm a crazy individual,or makes me less of a human being than someone without tats. I still bleed red,I still have the same fears and ambitions as most people. I'm just the same as anyone else just a little more colorful.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My 2 cents, not as a criticism of anyone but just to add to the data points out there.

Not a fan of tattoos, piercings or any permanent bod mods. Don't get me wrong; I'd fight long and hard for any adult's right to do what they want with their own body. It just represents a difference of values. I wouldn't mark up, cut or pierce my body, and TBH I sort of have a hard and fast rule about being physical with anyone who has. Several of my best friends have tattoos and I've never criticized anyone who does. It's just that it's enough of a different philosophy about the body from the one I hold.