Why are human females so obsessed with penis size? - The Guardian (UK Newspaper)

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by londoncalling, May 6, 2010.

1. londoncalling

londoncalling New Member

Albums:
  2. joeym

joeym New Member

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I liked the last paragraph. Seriously it's really not about penis size. It doesn't mean women do not appreciate them (I know I do) BUT most of us just want a good guy with one he can work!!!!

4. gunnaknow

gunnaknow New Member

It's probably not that interesting to women during most of their menstrual cycle. When they reach the most fertile phase, however they start to take much more of an interest in males that have very masculine features. The main body parts that demonstrate the level of masculinity to women are the jaw, chin, cheek bones, brow, hands, fingers, testes and penis.

Interestingly, for the majority of the menstrual cycle, most women prefer men that are approx 15% less masculine than the average male, atleast from studies regarding male facial masculinity. It could well be possible that this preference for less masculine features could also involve the other androgen influenced areas such as the hands and genitals.

Imagine that. Women may not always be looking for something big when they check out a guy's package. They could actually be subconsciously looking for something small to average alot of the time. It may be that it fluctuates between an aesthetic preference for small and large, depending on which phase of the menstrual cycle that a woman's in.

Ofcourse, size queens are a different matter altogether. Infact, any woman that is very feminine or considers herself to be very attractive, is statistically much more likely to prefer men with very masculine features, throughout the whole of her menstrual cycle. That could well correlate to very feminine and attractive women being the most likely to be size queens, atleast on the aesthetic level. See the post below for related links.

http://www.lpsg.org/181964-difference-between-cute-and-hot-2.html#post2744097

#4 gunnaknow, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    This article isn't about human females. It's about gorillas.

There isn't a single sentence supporting the premise that human females are obsessed with penis size in the entire article. They just gave the article a sensational headline so people would want to read it.

#5 petite, May 6, 2010
  6. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmm... ok so now I'm feeling like a jerk:confused: I do tend to go out with guys with more masculine features. I do consider myself quite pretty but that doesn't mean everyone considers me attractive or that people consider the guy i'm dating to be attractive. And that doesn't mean I wouldn't date someone else with different features. I feel like I notice weird things about guys. Like the shape of their hands if their smile reach's their eyes etc.... but then again I also look at the breadth of their shoulders, the shape of their jaw... *cough* their ass :biggrin1: And I've never seen their penis unless I was in a relantionship with them so the penis part is out the window for me...

#6 HiddenLacey, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  7. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Yes, I've read the research on women's facial preferences based upon where she is in her cycle, but that doesn't extend to genitals.

I also saw that article where women who considered themselves to be attractive preferred larger penises. That's a measure of self-worth, not objective attractiveness. For that study to measure objective attractiveness, a group of men would have had to have rated the women's attractiveness instead of just asking women how attractive they consider themselves to be. That's how those attractiveness studies are supposed to be conducted. All that study determined was that women with larger egos prefer larger penises.

That study also suffers from the problem of having been conducted in China. You cannot extrapolate that something that is culturally true in China is true for any other culture.

#7 petite, May 6, 2010
  8. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, it tends to be, quite often, if I throw it over the left shoulder when I'm driving, and happen to open the window on the freeway... and, god, it SMARTS when the bugs hit it instead of the windshield... or it smacks on the side of a transport trailer I'm passing/being passed by.. (and, yes, I drive a High Young Day Accident (hyunday accent) for those who go by the big car=small dick theory)

Agreed. That goes for ANY culture hat is not your own. (And, even in your culture, you'll get the anomalies...(forgive the spelling... please)

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:

#9 HiddenLacey, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  10. gunnaknow

gunnaknow New Member

How do you know? I said that it might, not that it did.

No, studies have already shown that men find women with a lower waist-hip ratio as more attractive. The study in the second link investigated if there was a correlation between female waist-hip ratio and preference for male facial masculinity. The results showed that there was a correlation. The study in the third link investigated whether there was a correlation between female EG3 (primary metabolite of estrodial) levels and preference for male vocal masculine traits. The results showed again that there was a correlation. A low waist-hip ratio and high estrodial levels are considered markers for relative attractiveness and feminity in women. Search for other studies in these areas if you wish.

Which study? I can't find any reference to China in any of the studies that I posted links to.

#10 gunnaknow, May 6, 2010
  11. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:

12. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:

13. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed, the article is a useless piece of crap. The headline says "human" in it and the 5 cited sources for the article all deal with chimps and gorillas. :rolleyes:

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Human females??!

15. petite

petite New Member

Albums:

#15 petite, May 6, 2010
  16. B_BoysAreToys

B_BoysAreToys New Member

I don't want to read it but wouldn't be as simple as humans are the only species on earth that have sex for pleasure?

17. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Bonobos appear to have sex for pleasure. They're a type of chimpanzee. They also engage in oral sex, homosexual sex, tongue kissing, and face to face genital sex. They're also extremely promiscuous. Male chimps have been recorded rubbing their scrotums together and females rubbing their genitals together face to face.

#17 petite, May 6, 2010
  18. Attila the Hung

Attila the Hung Active Member

Albums:
    Typical of the English press really.

19. B_BoysAreToys

B_BoysAreToys New Member

Really? I've never heard that. Learn something new every day. :)

20. gunnaknow

gunnaknow New Member

Didn't you listen to anything that I said? I proposed that there may be a link between attractive women preferring more masculine looking faces and them preferring more masculinized traits of the male body in general. That would be a perfectly reasonable hypothesis for any biopsychologist to propose and test. If he/she stated that there must be a correlation, then I'd think that they were jumping the gun. If they proposed that there may be a correlation and that it was worth investigating then I'd have to agree.

Sorry but that isn't a very well thought through argument. Firstly, just because attractive women may be statistically more likely to find larger penises more attractive than less attractive women, this would be represented as an increased probability. It wouldn't necessarily follow that if a woman prefers the look of larger penises then she must be attractive, or that if she doesn't prefer the look of larger penises then she must be unattractive. Secondly, a proportion of both attractive and unattractive women would be psychologically put of large penises because of painful past experiences. The noise should largely cancel itself out, with a large enough sample size.

You really didn't absorb a word that I wrote did you? Why should we even bother continuing the discussion then? I said size queens in the aesthetic sense.

#20 gunnaknow, May 6, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted