well latex is made from petroleum...

and that extra 3 feet of latex is expensive

:)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like anything else when you need more material/latex/etc. it costs more.
Check out the LL Bean or Lands End catalogs They charge an extra $3-$10 for Tall or Womens sizes as opposed to the standard Misses size.

Compared to 'regular' condoms which are really quite inexpensive. MagnumXL's are at least 3x the price of normal condoms...:mad:

It's an injustice!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the Durex XL are just longer and not much wider than regular condoms. Also, Condomi XXL are at best the same size as normal Durex condoms! :eek:

And yes I will pay for them obviously but there is a pretty big difference between regular vs large sized condoms. I think they could be more fairly priced or at least more easily available. If I could buy them in shops I wouldn't mind paying £7-8 a box.

Another strange thing is that at a family planning clinic they have Pasante Large, which are a little smaller and tighter than a Magnum XL (not as good fit, but they are free!). No shops sell Pasante Large :confused:

And yes they should be free, or at least easily available! Everybody needs a condom for a bud...protection :smile:

trainrman

Just Browsing
Media
Compared to 'regular' condoms which are really quite inexpensive. MagnumXL's are at least 3x the price of normal condoms...:mad:

It's an injustice!
I was able to buy them fairly cheaply on Ebay, $20 for 3 dozen, including shipping. Sam's Club or Target in the States seems to be cheap as well.

DonaldDoe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If your in the UK, just go down your local doctors and say you want to practise safe sex, but can't afford the price of condoms. I've done that a couple of times and got them free of charge :biggrin1:

(they are not the XL ones though sadly... just the regular... I love the extra tight fitting, and only broken the odd one)

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Best German-made condom joke ever played on an unsuspecting world. :rolleyes:

Hehe. Condomi were actually the first large sized condom I bought, as a cheaper alternative to Magnums. I was severely disappointed and strangled when I tried one on!

Also, I wouldn't buy condoms off ebay! Unless there's some sort of condom shop...people could tamper with them and all sorts.

Guess I'll just buy them off the usual site(s). Still not happy about the price though. If I asked a doctor for Magnum XL specifically would he be able to acquire them for me?? I want to start a petition or something!

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Couple things, latex isn't made from oil, it's refiend from the sap of a tree.

In the states, magnum XL's are fairly available at places like wal-mart. I pay 6 bucks for a box of a dozen

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Couple things, latex isn't made from oil, it's refiend from the sap of a tree.

In the states, magnum XL's are fairly available at places like wal-mart. I pay 6 bucks for a box of a dozen

I pay $8 a box if I get them from Buy Condoms - Online Condom Store or £8 from Sex Toys Vibrators Dildos Sexy Lingerie LoveHoney UK Adult Shop which is around...$15+. They both work out expensive from either site once shipping is added. It would be so much better if I could find them on shelves here but nowhere here or in the nearest big city stocks any. Guess they think they'd make too much of a loss??

D_Hermippos_Meattassel

Just Browsing
Media
if you need larger condoms in the UK, I have found a good source at Durex condoms - Buying cheap UK condoms - Econdoms. Its run by a girl, and she sent me some free samples once, as I complained that her so called large condoms didn't fit. She was good and kept her word!..the 'worlds best' extra large are quite tight, but good for the larger than average penis...but the nice snug fit..( for me) were the worlds best extra extra large 'kings size' a bit bigger than the extra large..80 were about £55.00 by phone but on the web site were cheaper. If you call them you can usually get them at web site prices, but get some advice on sizes. these still might be tight for the really really thick guy, so most of the time I use 'femidoms' now. I find on the second or third time I get a bit thicker, and need the extra room a femidom allows. the good thing about the femidom is that you can leave it in most of the night..(Or day if it's the weekend!..or both if you are on holiday!), and so you can cum 3 or 4 times into it, with out any problems..I seem to pump out quite a load on the first two times..then it will roughly half in volume after that..maybe only a table spoonful after that each time .Even when she asks for a condom on the first time.....she will usually likes to try the femidom ( made from latex..made by The Female Health Co., Chicago/London), and it really works out well..especially if you are really big...hope that helps!!..oh..and water based lube is great!durex 'play' lube is great in the nicely shaped 200ml size!..doesn't effect the rubber or latex in any way..only.. if the condom is a little bit too big for you, I've heard they can slip off!.especially with lube..(water based will definately not effect the latex)..well my neighbour told me that after I lent him some of my spare condoms!...that they kept slipping off...what could I say?..hehe..well he didn't ask me again!..his girlfriend kept calling round for tea after that however!...another story!...

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One reason might be that there are fewer made (large size) than "normal" sizes. It is the old supply and demand rule. If you make fewer condoms of a particular size, then your cost will be higher; hense, the additional cost to you.

However, that doesn't stop me from buying larger sizes. To me, the sheer confort of wearing something that fits better is worth the price. For a good screw I'm not going to worry about a few cents.

And yes, I buy at Sam's and WalMart all the time. Cheaper.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And another question - why aren't large sized condoms even stocked in the UK? Are the people of Britain so modest!? lol.

Ono...another raciial/penis thread...

"why do british men have tiny peniss"....

what about Wales? Scotland? Isle of Man???