Why are people so angry about circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Hoss, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    why are people so angry about circumcision and I mean from both sides? Theres nothing wrong with being circumcised and it even makes some men feel better and then on the other side theres nothing wrong about not being circumcised and some men feel that's the best way to be same as with shaving pubes and piercings. Why does everybody get so angry and mean about it all?

2. zpacifico

zpacifico New Member

silly principles I say

3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

It's proved an endless source of toxicity because it draws debate in to matters of deep sensitivity to some people. It also seems to be one of those issues, you know the ones I mean, which some people cannot discuss calmly.

4. Hintetsomaru

Hintetsomaru Member

Albums:
    I don't see an issue, either way. People just like to make big deals out of small stuff.

I'm circumcised, and I've actually dated a guy who wasn't. He was more sensitive than I was, so he was an easy shooter, but that's because his head is not as exposed to the constant stimulation that makes him desensitized.

5. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Its lumped right in with politics, religion etc.
    There will be no end to the argument. This is what happens when you dont have factual evidence that will holistically remove emotion and human bias.

6. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    when you take away part of MY dick without MY consent I get mad

7. Daisy

Gold Member

I'll tell you why. Because it involves a parent or two parents making a life changing decision FOR their child. People who feel that it is cruel and unnecessary feel terrible for the baby boys who have part of their natural anatomy surgically removed. The procedure could potentially harm him or even kill him in rare cases but altered for life nevertheless.

I say that if I'm wrong the worst thing that can happen is he turns 18 and gets himself circumcised, but if the "cutters" are wrong the boy grows into a man and spends his life hating his parents for cutting up his penis. Why take that chance? Why not just let him decide?

Thats why people get so heated about it. It's about advocating for children who can't speak for themselves.

8. D_Ezdras Dingledonger

I look at it like you can have good or bad luck with your dick no matter whether you're cut or not - it's the law of averages. If you can obtain an erection, enjoy sex, and orgasm without issue, wonderful. Guys both cut and uncut can have problems with any of those things - there is no way of eliminating the chance of something going wrong. Of course, religion, beliefs and traditions complicate things, but I think we need to look at it purely functionally; that is to say, if everything works, put the principles to bed. If it doesn't, do what you need to do (medically), but don't become embittered towards circumcision or the lack thereof.

#8 D_Ezdras Dingledonger, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That I'll agree with you to some extent. But it goes both ways.
    Babies can't speak for themselves on medical matters and parents are responsible for their well being. As long as circumcision remains legal for newborn boys and the offer is made by doctors, parents have to be informed and allowed to make that choice. Please keep in mind, this isn't a declaration of being for or against infant circumcision. Again, maybe I'm just being optimistic but I highly suspect that most parents would do such a crucial thing without weighing the pros and cons.

The animosity that generates in circ threads is exactly the same:
    Some zealous opponents to the measure instantly equate those who are in favor to being evil and sinister. They also refer to those who are cut as being freaks in various different tones. At the same time, some fervid people who are in favor of circumcision also view their opponents in a similar fashion. They say that their dicks look ugly and smell funny (among other foolish things). However just like the two extreme sides of an abortion debate, those who don't have any particular bias for babies being cut or left uncut are usually lumped with the "pro circumcision crowd" and are assimilated with a lot of psycho talk.

Instead of recognizing that there is a middle ground with various positions, they continue at each other like it's an issue that can only be viewed in binary. Every time I've entered into one of these threads and made it about choice, I'm bombarded by illogical people who create these ridiculous hypotheticals about "creating their own religion and cutting off noses and earlobes due to religious beliefs", or a "baby's rights" as if there's some legal team in every hospital reading them a set of laws when they come out of the womb. Those are just a few examples.

Let's face it... it's no secret that the mass majority of men will have some form of penis envy. They all want it to be a little bigger, or thicker, or curved upward, to the side or whatever. And while we may never know exactly what a baby will grow up to think about their dicks, with proper parenting and nurturing they will understand that their identity and happiness is not determined or diminished by whether or not they were cut or uncut.

#9 B_VinylBoy, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. Daisy

Gold Member

Oh honey...honest to god..you say
    Again, maybe I'm just being optimistic but I highly suspect that most parents would do such a crucial thing without weighing the pros and cons
    I have heard over and over:
    "Of course he'll be cut, his dad is, and we want their penises to match"
    "He'll get teased in the locker room"
    "It just looks better"

All medically justifiable???

11. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i love my nice cut cock, glad to have it just the way it is. ;-)

12. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

^what he said :)

13. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

Because it's usually inflicted on unwilling children by ignorant, barbaric tribal religions. This is no better than infant genital mutilation. Anyone who follows a deity that demands you cut bits off your kids penises (or for that matter demands you cut off your daughters' clitorises) needs their head examining. And to find a reasonable god to follow!

If you want to get it done when you're old enough to decide, fair enough, although if it is for cosmetic reasons I would say you are wrong. There's nothing wrong with cocks the way they have evolved.

14. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find that to be part of what is wrong in these threads not just saying things but then also slamming an entire culture or religion.

just say you like being circed or you like not being or even that you don't like being circed or not circed but stop the hatred it makes it a fail on convincing people of an arguement for or against. Same happened looking at the news with the antimosque woman screaming and hating I won't even bother listening to anything she might say cause she's so full of hate.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I didn't say that they were medically just. And I agree to some extent that doing it just because people think it may look better is rather foolish. It's kinda sad to know that shallow vanity fuels some people's beliefs regarding a controversial medical procedure.

But most of my stances have always leaned towards the health of the newborn boy, as well as the fact that every parent in our country has had the choice to circumcise or not. That choice should never be taken away from anyone. With a thread that suggests that rates are going down, there's no need to pass policy to make the practice illegal. And there's no real reason for anyone to get so angry about it either.

Oh, and a note to freyasfolk - it is comments like yours that fling these discussions over the edge and into the pit of rhetorical despair. Chill out.

16. champloo

champloo New Member

i think due to my uncircumcision my penis is always supppppper hard its like having a cock ring behind the head at all time plus if u use a pump the results stay i love it although i hate cleaning it b4 head just insecure about having any smell @ all my girl says she never seen such a healthy big clean penis

17. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    How many circumcised men hate their parents???? This is the fear mongering that people in political and religious battles use and I will never succumb to these ideals.

I will wear fur, I will eat meat, I will not vote, I am an atheist and I will circumcise my boys whenever I have them.

18. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i'm with you. i certainly don't hate my parents and my son doesn't hate me. lighten up francis!! its as much a tribal thing as religous.

19. Redblonde

Redblonde Member

I don't hate my parents for circumcising me. I'm dissapointed that they didn't advocate for me a little better than they did, though.

20. guynmn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't hate my parents but I have let them know in no uncertain terms I disapprove of it and feel They have violated me. I was a very outspoken child and a bit of a brain. I became aware of circcumcision early, how it was done and why. That is when it was first discussed and when I let them know my feelings. They thought it better to "fit in" and thought I would get over it, but never have. But then again I also would be angry if I would have had a tail cut off or an extra finger removed....my body is my decision. I think of it no different than me deciding YOU should have a surgery, not because you are sick and need it but because I think it would be easier, look nicer, or is the custom.
    Incidentally, after I figured it out I questioned what else they did to me for years.

Draft saved Draft deleted