Why are people so angry about circumcision

yandrsupreme

Legendary Member
Media
I'll throw an analogy out there. After years of insecurity, I decided to have a nose job at age 27. I made the decision to have the surgery without any input from anyone else. I was fully informed, and had the surgery done to my specifications and have been happy with the results. I would have been pissed if my parents had decided to surgically alter my nose two days after I was born, yet parents have no compunction about having plastic surgery performed on their son's genitals - a decision that he had no input in, and a decision that he will have to live with for his whole life. Parents try to defend their decision by saying that, "it will be cleaner, and will be less likely to become infected". Well, my hands get dirty, and I've had countless ear infection, but it would have been impracticle to have my hands and ears surgically removed. The other argument parents use is that "he will look like his father", as if they would be willing to have their son's arms and legs amputated if the dad had been a quadraplegic. If, at 18 or 80, if I had decided to have MY penis circumcised, it should have been MY decision. And yes, I'm pissed that my parents were so weak-minded that they let a doctor talk them into performing an unnecessary surgery on MY penis.
I'm sorry, but I don't consider that to be any kind of accurate analogy. Any time there are folds of skin where constant moisture is an issue, then you are inviting all kinds of infection and painful conditions. Ask any person who is overweight, or any woman who has large, sagging breasts about intertrigo.

samjones

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's because it is an unnecessary process to discard your vital foreskin for a bald penis. Foreskin is human evolution like skin, eye-lids, body hair. Each has it's own & many benefit. Often grown men have a tough time getting adapted to their exposed glans and you may end up with a scar with circumcision. The most irritating explanation is the reason of "hygiene". Many go around telling how beautiful a circumcised dick appears, when the real truth is any big dick will magically look beautiful.

Also, there are many who get circumcised when they are so young and I really dont think parents should allow circumcision on their kids for non medical reasons.

Most shocking is the fact when it's performed on men, it's called circumcision but accurately called as mutilation when done on a woman.

Reactions: Tbprivate

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Because it's a (usually) unnecessary surgical modification (usually) performed on minors for (usually) cultural or religious reasons.

(All the "usually" language to accommodate medically indicated circumcision on minors, or elective circumcision on adults.)