Why are so many British guys Circumcised?

Nopubez

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was born in England, and growing up, I was the only boy who was circumcised. My best friend also knew that, and one day after school we went to his house. His older sister was home taking a bath, and my friend said he has a surprise for me. After peeping on her through the keyhole on the bathroom door (this was the 70s), she caught us and talked to us with only a towel wraped around her. My friend then told her not to tell their parents, and that it would only be fair for her to see both he and I naked. He also added to her that she might like to see what I have.

We both got naked, and sure enough, she was checking out my circumcised penis--something she never saw. She asked to touch it, and I agreed only on the condition she dropped the towel. I was getting hard, and so was my friend. That all came to a halt when their mother came home and we all scrambled to get dressed!!!

adam100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think there are far more British guys who are circumcised than is generally reported by medical websites. Firstly the majority of Jews and Muslims have it done early in life. Then there are all the males who have tight foreskins and have to have their foreskins removed either as children or later on when they are adults. Plus there are some parents who just want their sons circumcised, not necessarily due to religion. Also some guys want to have it done as adults for cosmetic reasons, or because the foreskin causes problems during sex. Sure there are far more uncut British guys than cut guys, but there are plenty of us cut guys about too. From my experience I would say probably 20% to 25% of British guys are circumcised.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Everytime I've been naked there in the UK, the guys are almost always uncut and the ones that aren't are foreigners. The same can't be said in the US. In the 60s and 70s almost ever boy was mutilated here... :mad:

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
From my experience I would say probably 20% to 25% of British guys are circumcised.

Whilst your probably broadly right, I suspect that you live in a major centre with either a lot of different nationalities or cultures. 20% to 25% is very high, as a generalisation. There are many hotspot areas of the UK where the percentage can reach 20% or so but, equally, many where it might be as low as 1-2%. It's generally accepted that, nationally, it's more in the 10-12% region (around 1 in 10 of adults).

When I was at school in the 1950's in North West England about 30% of the other lads in my class were cut. I overheard my mother telling the mother of another 14 year old who had just been cut (tight foreskin) that I was cut on the advice of my grandmother for cleanliness and health reasons. My Father her only son, (with six sisters) had been cut and my grandmother obviously thought she was an expert on the matter. But clearly there was, at that time, a trend towards circumcision and as it was before the advent of showers in homes and as baths were probably only taken weekly in most ordinary households, it was helpful. However, I have resented it all my life. I used to take every opportunity to play with the foreskins of my peers and most of them were only too willing to let me.

Reactions: poibear

bustup45

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
im English and my foreskin is long but i am glad that i kept it my brothers is short he looks cut and i have no idea if my dad is its interesting at school when i was a boy i sometimes would look at other boys cocks out of curiosity (toilet swimming changing rooms) and i saw some circumcised ones and they looked so different but the vast majority in Britain would be uncut unless they born in another country

Reactions: williamkony

drvkv

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there are far more British guys who are circumcised than is generally reported by medical websites. Firstly the majority of Jews and Muslims have it done early in life. Then there are all the males who have tight foreskins and have to have their foreskins removed either as children or later on when they are adults. Plus there are some parents who just want their sons circumcised, not necessarily due to religion. Also some guys want to have it done as adults for cosmetic reasons, or because the foreskin causes problems during sex. Sure there are far more uncut British guys than cut guys, but there are plenty of us cut guys about too. From my experience I would say probably 20% to 25% of British guys are circumcised.
Why were you circumcised if I can ask please (or feel free to pm me)?

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
From my experience I would say probably 20% to 25% of British guys are circumcised.

According to NHS statistics your "experience" is inflated by two thirds.
Could you be spending your time around a lot of Moslems and/or Jews. They circumcise, but together they represent less than 5% of the population. Under 7% of the UK males are circumcised. Sorry.

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
its really weird to see how confrontational many uncut guys are about their status and how forceful they are on guys that are HAPPILY circumcised. I've yet to see a malicious and confrontational cut guy force circumcision values on other guys. I'm starting to wonder whether these uncut guys are actually happy being uncut or if they are jealous..... I'm over the moon to be cut. Fuck I'd go passed that and say in my own world I love every single aspect of it and it's only enhanced my life. To have uncut guy scream mutiny and mutilation makes me laugh out loud.

I live in the UK and I am happily uncut and not about to change. I also have no desire to tell people who are circumcised that they are in anyway inferior or that anyone who has chosen to have it done has made a mistake. For those who have chosen circumcision as an adult, clearly is is their right to make that choice.

I do beg to differ on the assertion that circumcised guys don't force their values on others, though, because neonatal circumcision usually happens to boys of circumcised fathers even in the case where it is not a religious rite. To me, doing this to a child who is too young to understand and too helpless to have any feelings expressed taken into account is wrong. Before anyone points out that parents have to make all manner of choices for the children, of course that is true, but these are mostly characterised by a decision being required at a particular point in time. When it comes to irreversible surgery where there is no medical urgency to have it done I am in favour of leaving the boy's body alone until such time as he can make up his own mind.

So for me, that puts circumcision in the same category as body piercing and tattoos. I have none of these myself but I know people who do and regardless of whether I think the modification looks good or bad, and I have seen both, I still respect the right of an adult to modify their own body as they see fit.

Back to the original question on frequency of circumcision, when I was at school in the 1980s there were two two circumcised boys in our gym glass of about 30 and one of those was Jewish. The other one may have been too - I never asked. I did go to a masturbation party in London and the percentage there was a bit higher despite no obvious ethnic influence on it.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So for me, that puts circumcision in the same category as body piercing and tattoos.

Even though it would be abusive to do either one of these to an infant, neither of them involves the loss of a totally functional, protective, pleasure providing, sex aiding physical structure. Neither of them is nearly as painful as circumcision. So routine circumcising of male infants is more in the line of female genital mutilation. Of course there are a range of female "circumcisions" -- from extremely invasive to relatively similar to the "normal" male circumcision. But a little research will provide you with the awful range of options for male circumcision as well, practiced by certain cultures. In any case, routinely surgically changing the sex organs of children in any way is brutal, full stop. If that involves a criticism of an aspect of someone's religion, so be it. Taking away physical freedom in the name of God is abuse, from circumcision to polygamy.

D

deleted385913

How many northerners are circumcised? I have 2 in my offfice are. Thought that was very unusual....

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not circumcised and dont really see the point unless for religious or medical (i.e. the skin is too tight) reasons. I havnt come across large numbers of circumcision across the UK on my travels, just one or two, particularly where I am in the north east very rarely see it if ever.

Once upon a time families shared bath water. Bathing every day was a luxury. So was hot water.

I remember growing up here in Aus sharing bath water with my siblings because hot water was an expense not many families had the luxury of. It still rouses me when family stay here and they shower at night, and in the morning. Perhaps it is my upbringing. No idea of how much infrastructure, power and fragile utilities goes into providing fresh, clean water.

Like many other modern luxuries these days, they can disappear overnight. You only need to look at the other three quarters of the world to know what you have one day, someone, or something can take it from you the next. And with the way we treat nature and the environment, I would not depend on clean water being around forever if we do not change our ways.

Chrisdude71

Worshipped Member
Media
Depends where you are in UK I suppose as never remember seeing a cut dick when in school showers after sport, would be about 30 lads or so. One lad would have been cut but he wasn't really near me as you tended to be with your close friends. Also, in UK, circumcision is not readily available on NHS, only for medical need so not routine.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Depends where you are in UK I suppose as never remember seeing a cut dick when in school showers after sport, would be about 30 lads or so. One lad would have been cut but he wasn't really near me as you tended to be with your close friends. Also, in UK, circumcision is not readily available on NHS, only for medical need so not routine.
I agree, a school all the other boys had uncut cocks apart from one - who thought he was weird - we all teased him and said is a defect...very cruel, but then kids are. Even when I stared having sex the guys I met cottaging were uncut, my firsts real uncut experience was with an American whom only wanted me to suck him off.

D

deleted81224

I am English and I am cut. However, I was cut as a young boy old due to a sport related injury in that area. At high school (80s), there was only one other boy who was cut (class of around 25 males) and he received so much abuse it was unreal. I spent 5 years in high school dodging being seen in the male showers so as to avoid similar abuse, so much so that I became quite expert in manoeuvring one's body so as not to have his cock being seen. This was all the more difficult as I excelled at sport and was always in and out of communal showers.

I am perhaps one of the rare minority who can, albeit now quite distant, remember masturbating both as cut and uncut and I would say that being uncut provides a little more pleasure as the foreskin moves back and forth.

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my personal experience I’d say 99% of guys in my gym are uncut. Maybe it just the area you live in and the demographic that frequent your gym beitiah guys rarely have a circumcision and that fuck for the! Foreskin be free!