Why are so many men such big babies?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
And I have to say, with due consideration that the majority of men here are from the US, that a lot of American men seem pretty high maintenance.

Of course there are many who aren't.

Just wondering. :rolleyes:

SexyFront

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You say that like it's a bad thing?

Anyway, the last time I heard, it was just called taking good care of yourself.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I aren't. I do things that others don't though, such as walking, bike riding, hiking. Oral hygiene has been a recent semi-obsession. I want to keep my teeth thoughout life.

But I can get out of the house in two minutes whenever I need to. I don't even comb my hair half the time. I can't imagine having to wear cosmetics and such the way most women feel they have to.

My ego doesn't need much maintenance either. Can we really generalize by nationality?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry, I was talking about high maintenance in emotional and ego terms.

Yeah - I thought that's what you meant.

You know, through the media American men get bombarded by all this Oprah-like pop-psychology about how women feel about relationships, and themselves, and they relate to men, and perceive men and blah, blah, blah - is it any wonder they retaliate with their own demands for attention and understanding?

But then wtf do I know - my personal experience of American men totals one. Not particulary high maintenance - just very upfront about needs and wants, which is very refreshing for me.

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't consider myself needy in the psychological department. I admit my ego is very big. If I wanted to commit suicide all I'd have to do is jump off it.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I come from a rural, fairly poor background, so we were more concerned with making ends meet than emotional and physical pampering. It seems to be the people who don't have to work and get on with life who have the leisure to emotionalise everything. I suppose it gives them something to do and means that they can emote with their friends who are similarly (un)occupied.
I suppose if you lie on a couch watching Oprah and Maury and all the others from one end of the day to the other it can lead you to be emotional, but come on!
I don't suppose it helps that there's a blame culture these days. Everyone is "how they are" because something was done to them. They're helpless victims. What happened to standing up for yourself and taking responsibility for your own actions and decisions?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Can we really generalize by nationality?

I don't know, maybe we can. Clearly we can't name names but is it a general impression that the women here get, namely that US guys have more touchy egos?

I did try in the OP to make it clear that this is a predominantly US site, so not to take the comment to heart.

Hmm. Sharing a bed with an Englishman may not be coincidence.

Why stop at 1? :tongue:

sugarstick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet another jealous and insecure Brit pokiing miguided fun at the USofA...having lived in the UK, this is so fucking common. Also it is old and boring.

The fact is, the Brits pride themselves in "taking the piss out of" Americans, or essentially being rude, derogatory, and CONDESCENDING to the point of hostility.

So fuck you limey, kiss my American ass, you pantywaist English pouf. Your country is further in the toilet than any other Western nation, without any sign of reverse. Deal with it, and show respect where it is deserved.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
drifterwood, you just called us...babies.
are you desperate for attention?

what happened to having a balance of IQ and EQ?
are you ignorant of the term "EQ"???

it means "emotional quotient"
do you know what quotient is? (think division) ;)

a balance of these 2, intelligence and emotion,(IQ and EQ).
brings us much closer to the MAN and the BEAST.
in case you forgot we are all MAMMALS. we have the same instincts.
you know like the furry animals that pur and bite.(duality)

the things that eat the offspring out of fear that the baby will
compete for the mothers attention taking away from sex time.
some people are kept from understanding this,and frankly
it is sad you use that ignorance, they show,as a platform for showing off how enlightened you may or may not be.
it seems like you are just putting up a "nice guy" front for the ladies.

what is the point of this thread?
your view seems to be stated, simply; to be on the good side of the women,
it seems englishman forgets he is mammal.
where was queen victoria FROM? so i honestly think your country's fascist heritage is but one culprit of this american ignorance and confusion on some level.
just think about it since you got the balance so beautifully in sync.:rolleyes:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And I have to say, with due consideration that the majority of men here are from the US, that a lot of American men seem pretty high maintenance.

Of course there are many who aren't.

Just wondering. :rolleyes:
I think it is our nature as men. Are we no more than little boys with really big dicks?

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly!
and i believe it is in the women as well.
we all have it.

it is what christ and muhammed and krishna were trying to change in the masses.
hence the term,pearls before swine and jewels before dogs.