Why are so many men such big babies?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I had actually started a thread saying that American men are babies, I would understand, but i did not.

What the responses show to me is how much paranoia there is out there, how quick some look to take offense, and then actually rather than deal with the real question or even the one that they willfully misrepresent, they take the opportunity to spill the bile that has clearly been building up to vent itself.

Don't be a fool man, you were deliberately directing this thread at American males. Why try and sugarcoat it, just come out and say you have a problem with American men and maybe give an example of what prompted you to do so, then we can have something to talk about, rather than resorting to female grade school antics and actually pretending that you weren't directing that at American men. That is being a pussy, just so you know.

I didn't read any other thread that may have caused you to make this one. There is no paranoia or insecurity over here on my part, I just defend those who are being attacked and your original post seemed to go along with other anti-american posts you and a few other uk boys have made before. And if it had anything to do with a woman's sexual history, I strongly believe she must have one and regardless of her prior behavior calling her a slut because of that is ignorant and judgmental and shows insecurity (usually that being because of a small penis).

With all that said, I believe that men EVERYWHERE never really grow up. I sit next to older men on the bus or train, and sometimes it hits me that they aren't really any different from me, or any young guy, except they look older, and maybe are responsible for a family, and look miserable. But does being responsible for a family automatically mean you aren't a baby? How does one cross from baby into man-land? I would think this is a universal trait, not relegated to Americans.

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men such as myself with big egos are known to be the highest acheivers because we have such strong wills. We also tend to be phallic exhibitionists too which is just gravy as far as i'm concerned.

hockeycock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey guys.

I'm from Canada originally and live in the states now. I've met Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Britons, Russians, Greeks, Israelis, you name it. My observation is that a hater is gonna hate no matter where he's from. I also try not to judge people I don't know. Everyone has a secret life; every person you meet on the street has his or her own sorrows, struggles, tragedies, dreams.

As for men being high-maintenance - higher than what? Women? Or some mythological ideal of the always strong, silent, winning, decisive, independent Man? Being a dude myself, I've thought a lot about masculinity and the kind of man I want to be. And for me, being masculine means being kind to children and animals, trying to love my neighbor as I love myself, and never having to prove anything to anybody.

I think most of the need for "high maintenance" comes from men feeling the need for reassurance that they are manly, possibly because we secretly doubt we meet John Wayne's high standards, or we try so hard to meet them that we bury the man we really are, along with all his true strength. Such assurance is never enough, though, because it adds to the pressure keeping that inner strength locked up tight.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm high maintenance but not because I am a baby. Instead it is because I am highly educated, articulate, opinionated, have conviction and love a good debate.

Men aren't really socialized to understand and express their emotions (other than anger and rage) and this causes all kinds of problems.

See Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons From the Myths of Boyhood.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Yet another jealous and insecure Brit pokiing miguided fun at the USofA ... this is so fucking common.

No it isn't. Stop lying.

The fact is, the Brits pride themselves in "taking the piss out of" Americans, or essentially being rude, derogatory, and CONDESCENDING to the point of hostility.

No they don't. Stop lying.

Your country is further in the toilet than any other Western nation

No it isn't. Stop lying.

English men are seen as the trash of Europe on his own continent

No they aren't. Stop lying.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Your not allowed to lynch Drifterwood until I have my wicked way with him.
I hand over his broken husk to the mob when I'm done.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thread title:
Why are so many men such big babies?

OP:

And I have to say, with due consideration that the majority of men here are from the US, that a lot of American men seem pretty high maintenance.

Of course there are many who aren't.

Just wondering. :rolleyes:

At no point does Drifter say being high maintenance and being a 'big baby' is the same thing. He asks a question "Why are so many men such big babies?" and then makes a statement "And I have to say [...] that a lot of American men seem pretty high maintenance." If he had left the 'and' off the start off the statement I could see a little confusion arising... but he didn't. His question is about men being needy and then he makes and additional comment "And..." about a lot (not 'all') of American men seeming (not 'being') pretty high maintenance.

Look at this example: Why are so many women attention whores? And I have to say a lot of Irish women seem to enjoy compliments.

That does NOT state that all Irish women are attention whores - it just doesn't.

You big babies :eek: need to take a lesson in semantics - start by looking it up.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Implied meaning is a meaning that isn't explicitly stated.

So an implied meaning question is something like 'Aren't you a little chilly in that outfit?'

It sounds like you're just concerned for the person's health, but the implied meaning can be something nice like "Do you think you have on enough clothes given the weather?" or something rude like "Tramping it up a little in that shirt, aren't ya Sparky?"

Drifter--for the record--your post did not bother me in the least.

Hugh G. Rection

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Drifterwood it's quite possible you could be some obnoxious annoying douchebag and you don't realize it. It would explain why every man seems to be a "baby" to you.

Another possible explanation is that Americans for the most part aren't nearly as good humored as British people. That's not comparing comedians from each country mind you.

Same reason why people say Canadians are so nice. We just have a good sense of humour. (canadian spelling lol)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well some of the guys on this thread acted like big babies :) I just don't see this 'attack America syndrome' that we're often accused off, for fuck's sake guys we're your biggest allies and we support you even when we don't agree with what you're doing. While I've been on the net I've seen much more American hostility to Brits - usually along the lines of 'oh you're so superior yet you're a powerless little country'. You'd think we could have a thread without someone getting overly defensive.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I think you can also infer his jab at americanos

Well, as it was my comment/thread, I can tell you that there was no such inference on my part. You can take that or leave it, as clearly inferences are in the mnds of the readers not the author.

What an odd thread to be in the Women's forum. Why was it chosen for here? It seems more geared for Etc. Etc.

Actually SB, I don't think so. I wanted to know whether women found men to act like big babies.

The thread was on my mind, because recently, a couple of guys have been acting like big babies IMO. I didn't wish to name names as that is both unfair and irrelevant to the question. However, because the people on my mind happened to be Americans, I thought that I would try to avert any misconception by acknowledging to those who might know who I was talking about, that their nationality was simply proportional to the membership and therefore coincidental.

As a Straight man, I think that our babyish antics are a Woman's issue, given most of the women here are predominantly heterosexual.

DF - the nice thing about attempted web lynchings is that they say a lot more about those leading with the rope and the torches. Fortunately, people can actually read what has been written, before it is proved that I weigh the same as a duck.

Psidom, I live in a different time zone to you and it is called going to bed.