Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And I have to say, with due consideration that the majority of men here are from the US, that a lot of American men seem pretty high maintenance.

Of course there are many who aren't.

Just wondering. :rolleyes:

GAH! you're bashing the male species! you've broken the man code.

all is lost.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
GAH! you're bashing the male species! you've broken the man code.

all is lost.

Interesting point Will.

I went to college through the back end of radical feminism - all men are rapists etc etc. if you go back that far.

I think it is better to acknowledge inherited, maybe even innate poor behaviour, deal with it and come out the other side. Same for racism and homophobia.

After all, you can still blame your mother in the baby case :smile::rolleyes:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well I wish I hadn't or maybe not.

Two reasons.

First, I thought that some of the people whose views I was interested in on this thread, would also have read the threads that were in my mind. This was correct.

So subsequently, I wanted to make it clear that I did not want to generalise on nationality.

Obviously the latter didn't work for some.

First off, the thread was completely misconstrued in being about keeping yourself in shape etc - which I just don't get, then someone else raised the question as to whether we can generalise about nationalities being more high maintenance than other men. I don't see that that that is either offensive or uninteresting as a topic, but it wasn't what i was asking.

I do think though that some people are getting a seige mentality about anti-americanism. I am sure that the Rev Jackson could find something racist in me, but I am equally sure that this would surprise my non white friends and extended family. It's getting the same with anti-americanism IMO.

Given that the US is not 100% perfect, I don't think you should get upset if someone talks about their opinion on what they see as not being perfect. And I don't think you should distinguish between an american saying such things and a non american.

I would also say that real anti-americans, would come here, troll the site with flaming and then fuck off.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I wish I hadn't or maybe not.

Two reasons.

First, I thought that some of the people whose views I was interested in on this thread, would also have read the threads that were in my mind. This was correct.

So subsequently, I wanted to make it clear that I did not want to generalise on nationality.

Obviously the latter didn't work for some.

First off, the thread was completely misconstrued in being about keeping yourself in shape etc - which I just don't get, then someone else raised the question as to whether American men are more high maintenance than other men. I don't see that that that is either offensive or uninteresting as a topic, but it wasn't what i was asking.

I do think though that some people are getting a seige mentality about anti-americanism. I am sure that the Rev Jackson could find something racist in me, but I am equally sure that this would surprise my non white friends and extended family. It's getting the same with anti-americanism IMO.

Given that the US is not 100% perfect, I don't think you should get upset if someone talks about their opinion on what they see as not being perfect. And I don't think you should distinguish between an american saying such things and a non american.

I would also say that real anti-americans, would come here, troll the site with flaming and then fuck off.
Nothing wrong with your thread or the questions you asked. You posted an honest observation of how you see things living in another country.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I wonder if people actually read the whole opinion you posted?
cigarbabe:saevil:

I always find this interesting CB, and I'm really not just talking about this thread, but forums in general.

I think two things happen. There are people with an agenda and they look for every opportunity to turn a thread to their agenda, and secondly I think that some people just take a dislike to some people and then look for an opportunity to have a go at them.

I work in a fairly in your face environment and know that for their own reasons, about a third of people will take a dislike to me. It's water off a ducks back as we say.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Nothing wrong with your thread or the questions you asked. You posted an honest observation of how you see things living in another country.

Thanks Uncut. I think that that is also a very good point that is often forgotten, probably because we nearly speak the same language :smile:.

Brits are still foreigners to the Americans on the site, and it should be understaood that as non americans, we will find certain things strange/different and be interested in that. Of course this works both ways.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an Atlantic ocean hybrid (one who has lived significant amounts of time on both sides of the pond), I must say that the Englishman's aversion to embarrassment is inversely proportional to an American man's ability to take a back seat...

:biggrin1::tongue:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks Uncut. I think that that is also a very good point that is often forgotten, probably because we nearly speak the same language :smile:.

Brits are still foreigners to the Americans on the site, and it should be understaood that as non americans, we will find certain things strange/different and be interested in that. Of course this works both ways.
Thats my point. If were on a site in England (being american) i might ask the same questions. I have never found your posts or you mean or harsh in anyway. You display a respect for other people i admire.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Let me say there are somevery emotionally needy men in Oz. They arent just confined to the US.

I had one ex who i had to tell him i loved him everyday. Eventually i realized it wasn't me he wanted love from it was just the fact that he needed to know someone loved him

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DW, Sorry that this has ended up as an undeserved lynching but at least it appears you have your answer regarding men & high maintenance/egos. :rolleyes: