Why are so many men such big babies?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting how men will gloss over a thread with female bashing in it but suddenly become indignant when they read what they perceive as the slightest offense in an OP's question about men.

That's not entirely accurate MB. There have been a number of threads about the 'role' of women here which elicited robust responses by men. MB (the other one) started one only recently.

http://www.lpsg.org/74251-back-the-fuck-off.html

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's not entirely accurate MB. There have been a number of threads about the 'role' of women here which elicited robust responses by men. MB (the other one) started one only recently.

Indeed true - and not just there. In a lot of the recent threads that caused me to post that thread guys (gay and stright alike, I must add) jumped in a defended the female pov too.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Personally, I'm really not "high-maintenance". I'm kind of a baby in the sense that you can run your fingers through my hair and then you can make me do whatever you want me to, but other then that... I go hunting occasionally but I don't wear the camouflage like its in fashion to the mall or anything , I do enjoy the random bubble bath (better with someone), and I do have a daily face regimen (because i'd rather not have pimples and shit all over my face). I've really only met a couple of "high-maintenance" guys, and it seems that the distribution is, that you tend to have more gay guys that are high-maintenance, but straight guys can be just as high-maintenance.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I'm well aware of this thread having posted in it myself. What I noticed (and obviously did not elaborate) is that some of the men who have posted here won't be found on the other threads defending women.

If it makes you feel better, I glossed over this thread as well.
:biggrin1:

I feel much better now. Thank you. :tongue:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The OP is dead ass correct. I have made no bones about my concerns that the men, (especially younger,) I know and that is in America, they have backed down from being MEN and have conceded leadership in America to women. (Horrible sentence structure)

C'mon. American women now get 59% of college degrees, soon to be 62%, and some predict in a decade maybe 70%!!!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck!!?? Where are young women going to find equivalent young men to couple with?

If you aren't well on your way to a career by late 20's you are behind the 8 ball and statistically have little chance of being in a position to control your life. Women get it, a lot of men do not.

Claire

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd like to know the answer to this myself. I get hit on all the time, but you pay a little attention to a guy and suddenly all of his ego comes out. And what happened to follow through, you tell a girl something, have the smarts to bring it, if not, don't put it out there! High maintenance, physically, emotionally and otherwise. I want a guy that can shake it off, throw on a pair a jeans and a t-shirt and he still looks good and has the confidence in himself to pull it off. An easy, oh so good look! :wink:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm well aware of this thread having posted in it myself. What I noticed (and obviously did not elaborate) is that some of the men who have posted here won't be found on the other threads defending women.

True, but speaking for myself I've never considered it necessary to defend anyone here, especially based on their gender. After all, we are all adults, allegedly and thus should be capable of defending ourselves - should we feel it necessary in such an environment as this.

I know you posted in the thread I referred to, but your comment here was something a blanket statement, not a qualified one as you subsequently acknowledged it was intended to be (if I read what you say above correctly).

The people who weighed in here so aggressively clearly have issues of their own they need to work out. I think more than a few people here see the bogey man where he isn't and/or are looking for any excuse, however tenuous to vent some frustration they seem to have, presumably because they're unable to do so IRL with the same impunity.

I'm damn sure the infantile name calling and so on demonstrated by many here on LPSG would result in a sound kicking if tried face to face. Naturally those same people will say they're the same in that regard here as 'out there' and of course, I'll believe them.:rolleyes:

In short, I work on the assumption that no one needs to justify or defend there presence here, regardless of gender, sexuality or whatever and that should they feel the need to do so anyway, that they're capable of doing so themselves. That's why you won't generally find me in 'attack' threads.

My original comment here in this thread was really tangential to the OP, in that it was about issues of self confidence evidenced by (IMO) unnecessarily aggressive responses - not about 'men being babies' which, incidentally we often are, though perhaps not in the style to which DW alluded.