Why are there a lot of women who don't like to drive at night?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
if we take my car, i'm driving.
nobody drives my baby cept me *pets radio settings & seat ass groove protectively*

*ponders* i drive most of the time. love the boy, but he drives like a sedated mole rat.

No one drives my car, named the MickeyLee!. She's my new baby and no one is driving her but me! Even on long trips, I'd rather pull over than let someone else drive.

And I agree with all of subgrrl's 'ticks'. I am also an assertive, confident driver. I hate driving with passive, laid back drivers or sedated mole-rats. :biggrin1:

B_Coconutz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The vagina muscles contract when the lights are out. That's why they like to have sex in the dark. When the women's muscles are contracted, they have less blood preasure in their eyes.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
some women are driven by security issues :smile:

is always loverly when 1950 comes to visit.

Human biology and evolution is not undone in a generation or two. Nor does it alter because of a change in what constitutes fashionable thinking.

I don't care what you "believe" drives you...
There is a fundamental difference between male conduct and female conduct in terms of the things they seek.

men are driven by issues of desire.
and women by issues of security.

The only thing that changes from woman to woman or man to man, are the specifics of how they personally interpret or weigh the elements that factor into these basic drives.

For some women, security is a big strong, aggressive man.
For others, its a career and the knowledge that they can take care of themselves...
Some women want to feel physically secure, others, emotionally secure, and others, financially secure... and almost all of them have some measure of all three, in differing proportions.

Seeing a woman's choices, tells you a lot about her if you understand how those choices reveal her sense of what makes her feel secure.

( same for men and desire- do they want to feel desired by women? do they want to indulge their desire for women? do they have some other desire that is the center of their lives? The desire to best other men? Do they desire power? To risk everything? ) The thing that differentiates desire from security, is that security is practical... whereas desire does not have to have any ultimate aim... A desire for wealth is not necessarily about security... nor about the exercise of power... it can be just about acquisition for the sake of acquisition. Understanding this about men gives you means for unpacking their intentions from their actions and reveals their deeper nature.

A man that desires to feel desirable will be more likely to be a womanizer, whereas a man who's desire is to be seen as a good man, will be less likely to cheat.

Male motivations are generally less complex, and less cerebral than women's.

Security is a far more nuanced concept, and requires more thinking.

This is not to say that women do not have desires to contend with... it is to say that security outweighs desire as a driving force of their psyche.

So, women who see security in a stable relationship will tend to choose a husband based upon attributes Other than his raw physical desirability.
His career potential... his parent potential... how he cares for her... all things pertaining to security in the sense of a family unit.

Again- not to say that if all these things are present in a hunk that she won't count herself lucky...

But men, for example, will tend to pay a lot less attention to any of these factors in a potential mate.... its not that they are not aware of a woman's career objectives, or potential for motherhood... its that they will disregard shortcoming in these areas in the face of other attributes that pertain to desire.

You can pooh pooh it, and imagine yourself immune... but the answers to this ver thread bear out this observation. The women who prefer a man to drive have security issues driving their explanations. Those who prefer to drive themselves have stories that seem to tell of liking to be in control themselves... which has to do with high self confidence, and or, mistrust of other's competence... which is, again, redounds to their sense of security.

I23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm fairly shocked at some of the replies ref experiences of driving at night here. Is it really so common for people to try the door or to run into you just to get you out of the cab? The UK has big problems with crime (no doubt about that after the last few weeks!) but even so I've not heard of that here yet; is it really so commonplace as to be a concern over in North America? Doesn't the relative ease of access to handgun ownership act as a deterrent to carjackers and other crims?

I'm not a fem but I actually find driving at night to be easier in some ways than driving in the light. Since other cars are showing lights it's very obvious when someone is coming the other way. Given I often drive in rural areas with high hedgerows and winding roads, most often I see the lights at night through the hedges or on the surroundings a lot earlier than the close distances I get to see the car itself during the daytime. Plus the roads are just quieter at those times anyway.

Ref the bad night vision with halos and flares: Did you get laser eye surgery? Have heard that this is a potential side effect of some forms of getting your eyes fixed.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No one drives my car, named the MickeyLee!. She's my new baby and no one is driving her but me! Even on long trips, I'd rather pull over than let someone else drive.

And I agree with all of subgrrl's 'ticks'. I am also an assertive, confident driver. I hate driving with passive, laid back drivers or sedated mole-rats. :biggrin1:

OMG!!OMMFG!!!
*flails*
*hyperventilates*
*is over stimulated*

you named your car MickeyLee!?!?!?!?! *explodes in a showers of glitter, lil car shaped mylar cutouts, and candy sprinkles*

that is just the coolest damn thing. EVAH! like the ice age couldn't compare. like has altered weather patterns world round.

naming ya car MickeyLee probably sent Irene to Boston.
hmm might have even caused a recent east coast earthquake.

ya know what??? TOTALLY FRIPPING WORTH IT!!!
:dance:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Dad gave me a gun when I was 15 when I began driving. He told me to keep it in my car. Yeah, I began driving before I had my license.

I'm not saying if I still have the gun in my car, but do you feel lucky, punk?

I think Cap has driven my car once. And that's taking me home from the hospital one time because I didn't want to ride in his truck.

If I didn't drive at night then I would not have been able to go anywhere when I was single. And that's just stupid. I do know women who don't like to drive at night but do when they have to.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OMG!!OMMFG!!!
*flails*
*hyperventilates*
*is over stimulated*

you named your car MickeyLee!?!?!?!?! *explodes in a showers of glitter, lil car shaped mylar cutouts, and candy sprinkles*

that is just the coolest damn thing. EVAH! like the ice age couldn't compare. like has altered weather patterns world round.

naming ya car MickeyLee probably sent Irene to Boston.
hmm might have even caused a recent east coast earthquake.

ya know what??? TOTALLY FRIPPING WORTH IT!!!
:dance:

I told you I was going to! She's the cutest damn car - I detailed her yesterday, caressed all her parts and polished to her a sparkly finish. Everyone knows her name and says, so you taking the MickeyLee to the *where ever the hell we're going*

She's beeyootifull!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
This has to be the most insane pop psychology I've ever read. Don't give up your day job.

I'm surprised you still read Phil, Patch... he's a one record DJ. Read one post, read 'em all.

Besides, I have figured out the answer to the OP's question. Why are there a lot of women who don't like to drive at night? Well, proportionally I expect that the same number of men do not like to drive at night - it's just that less women are ashamed to admit it.

Look at the attitudes here, from even some of the more enlightened women and men that inhabit LPSG, men who don't drive aren't chivalrous, blah-di-blah... In the face of that attitude many men who dislike driving at night are going to grin and bear it and do it anyway.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I stand by what I said. If Dude can drive and won't, that's pretty much the same as being able to open my door, pull out my chair, stand on the curbside et cetera, and not doing it. It isn't chivalrous, and I don't like un-chivalrous dudes.

Now, having said that, there have been plenty of times when I have given my husband the green-light to drink at a party and agreed to drive home. generally speaking though, he does all of our driving when he is able. That's how I like it. I drive when I'm going alone, he drives when we are together.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does alcohol play a part in women's reluctance to drive at night? Here in Australia, the blood alcohol limit is 0.05 to 0.08g/l, which for women means two standard drinks in an hour or so, but for men it's three drinks. Therefore men are more likely to be legally allowed to drive after a few drinks. Another viewpoint.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does alcohol play a part in women's reluctance to drive at night? Here in Australia, the blood alcohol limit is 0.05 to 0.08g/l, which for women means two standard drinks in an hour or so, but for men it's three drinks. Therefore men are more likely to be legally allowed to drive after a few drinks. Another viewpoint.

I used to make my ex drive when there was alcohol to be had. I'm 5" nothing and can hit .05 in less than 1 drink. My ex was 6"4' and HUGE and could drink all bloody night without getting to .05. He was the default driver for drinking times.