Why are there a lot of women who don't like to drive at night?

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I remember times when my girlfriends ask me to drive them some place or ask me to pick them up. I always wondered, why couldn't they drive themselves. I ask them, but they can't give me a straight answer and they say that I'm being rude.

I don't get it. :confused:

Pith

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had ex-girlfriends just want me to pick them up for safety reasons. Girl walking alone to her car isn't safe. I've also walked girls out to their cars and then biked home. I guess I can't give you an answer unless we get more specific scenarios.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
women are frightened easily. we don't understand where the life giving sun has gone.
only big, strong, manly-men can save us from the all consuming darkness.

not to mention the passenger side sun visor has a vanity lamp. is not easy to put your lipstick on while driving at night.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dudes who want me to drive are just not sexy. After that one dude, I think of all the rest of you who want to get out of driving as weaklings. Maybe you aren't, but you won't get any sexual contact from me. I'm drying up just thinking about it. Not kidding.

Some related facts: I don't see that well at night. I see halos and star-bursts. I drive like a speed demon, and feel more likely to get pulled over for it at night. But the primary reason is, if we are going to be someplace together, and it makes sense to carpool, I want you to drive because if you aren't chivalrous, why the fuck am I spending time with you?

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i thought it was vampires?

:shocked: vampire rapers.

meaning they are vampires who rape. not rapers who exclusively sexually assault vampires.

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
Sometimes, they are afraid and scared of driving at night. For instance, stopping at the stop light. In there mind a man going to come up and tell him to open the door. Stuff they see in the movie. Ask her what she is afraid of, but be gentle.

My lady did not want to learn to drive. She was used to taking the bus and when we got together and have a child. I could not drop and pick her up all the time. Her hang up was the old movie/clip they show in driving edu and someone crash and kill someone. Its was still in her head for a number of years, now she is behind the wheel day and night.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At night when you drive by yourself it can be scary.

Guys will come up to the car when you stop at the lights and try and open your door to see if it's locked.
They'll rear-end your car on purpose to get you to pull over, and get out of the car with the pretense of swapping insurance details and seeing if you are ok....

If I got to travel at night I now carry a full sized Maglite which is not only a really good flash light but also doubles as a nicely weighted billy club and it lives down along the drivers side door sill.
I also use to have my best RR bitch sitting on the back seat and a small strong box bolted to the floor of my trunk which held ....other things.
I never left the house without a fully charged cell phone with "000" on speed dial.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*blink* i had no idea other women were afraid to drive at night.

ya, a gun under ya seat is quite reassuring.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not worried about anyone trying my door; it is locked. I'm not worried about the rear end scam; I am heavily armed, not a bad shot, and really good at running either very fast, or very far (though sadly not both). I just don't like when dudes whimp out on me. If dude wants to hang out with me, and he has to drive past me to get where we're going anyway, then he needs to put on his big girl panties and drive.

I hate driving at night. Having said that, I'm willing to drive anyway, as long as it makes sense.

Elastagirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I kind of think it's something very primal about it being uncomfortable going out alone at night. Personally I can drive myself at night but I have asked for a ride across a parking lot to get to my car.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I drive myself everywhere. The only place a man drives me is to crazyville.

This. I much prefer to be the driver rather than the passenger. Unless my guy is a backseat driver type, or I want to spend the journey doing things that are more fun than staring at the road.

The only people (male or female) I've ever known who don't drive at night are older people. They've said their vision isn't great at night, so they would rather avoid driving for safety reasons.

Where I live, if you didn't drive at night, you wouldn't get anywhere. Buses only go to certain areas after 5pm, and largely stop running at 9pm.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
is not really, we're just waiting for the sun to come up before we complain to the Mods, Mr. Bbucko.

unless we can find a man to do it for us? *looks hopeful, with doe-eyed vulnerability*