Why are there a lot of women who don't like to drive at night?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
If they drive after midnight, they turn into a pumpkin.

Really? I didn't know that - and, by the very act of telling me, in a Schrodinger like way, you have turned me into a pumpkin.

*is pumpkin*

*is not happy*

i thought it was vampires?

:shocked: vampire rapers.

meaning they are vampires who rape. not rapers who exclusively sexually assault vampires.

Hmmm, I would prefer if it was the latter... seeing as vampire pumpkins are few and far between I'm almost certainly safe! :confused: Does that even make sense?

Galaxus, maybe you know a load of lushes? They drive during the day because the chances of a breath test are low but at night the chances are so much higher. :dunno:

Out of all the men and women I know I can think of a few people who will avoid driving at night if possible - but they are not all women. In fact they tend to be the people who have learned to drive later in life rather than at an earlier age.

The idea that a man driving me, as AE mentioned, is somehow chivalrous is just plain weird to me. I like driving, weather conditions or light levels don't phase me. Of course, I don't have the halo vision thing she mentions - that might make a difference to me.

Hick and I seem to have naturally evolved a pattern - if we are in his car he drives unless he has left me the car and I am picking him up from work or elsewhere, if we are in my car I drive unless I have left him the car and he is picking me up somewhere. This is for local driving - if we are taking a long journey we share the driving. Except in Ireland - in Ireland we drive on the left, which he hasn't done yet, and also insurance policies are different and Hick would have to be named on the policy to legally drive the car. If it were my policy no hassle, but I use my father's car when there and hick is not named on his policy.

My ex didn't drive, at all. It wasn't that he couldn't - he just didn't have the gumption to go out and pass his driving test. Still hasn't as far as I know. I did all the driving, everywhere, all the time - he sat beside me smoking and telling me to keep both hands on the wheel. I wouldn't mind but he was fairly fucking useless at directions and map reading too. :rolleyes:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
*shrugs* I would guess a lot of people, male and female, don't like driving at night because the visibility is worse. If I'm driving somewhere I haven't been before, I'd rather do it in daylight for purposes of reading signs, etc.

My spouse's excuse is that her depth perception sucks at night.

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes it took me a long time to be comfortable driving alone at night and I still only do it when i have to because i do not see all that well in the daylight never mind in the dark
lol

B_chubsy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't drive at night because i can't see in the mirror to top up my make up!!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It would be impractical for me if I couldn't drive when it's dark. Mid-winter where I live means the sun isn't up when I'm driving to work and it's gone when I'm driving home from work - about 7 hours of sunlight a day.

If I'm out really late, I do have someone walk me to my car. In Canada, I cannot be armed in my vehicle - but I am really alert to my surroundings.

With all that being said, I am sick of driving - until recently travel was a part of my job. Not air travel, oh no, but hours of driving. I love when other people drive me around. If I had a man and he wanted to drive me around? I'd let him!

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
Well this thread is also deeply unfair. Not all of blah blah _____ blankety blank blank (sigh). I don't like to drive at night because i live in a city populated by a large amount of assholes. Try to get anywhere on a party night and you'll find yourself right smack dab in crazytown population....everyone.

poultrygal

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My honey drives when we are together...ALWAYS!! But I am not afraid or mind driving any time, I have always been the kind of person that if I have somewhere to go, I just jump in the car and go. But he doesn't like for me to go any where late by myself, so he just goes with me....all the bad people come out late at night...may be it is the vampire rapers. :eek:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if we take my car, i'm driving.
nobody drives my baby cept me *pets radio settings & seat ass groove protectively*

*ponders* i drive most of the time. love the boy, but he drives like a sedated mole rat.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Women are driven by issues of security.

Women who prefer a man to drive at night are those who tend to feel more secure when man is with them, or when a man is behind the wheel.
This may be for any reason ranging from fears of strangers, to poor night vision which, coupled with women's poorer spatial reasoning, makes it harder for them to perceive terrain ahead in the face of glaring light sources.

Women who prefer to drive will tend to be those who are more self confident or who have control issues in which they would feel insecure allowing someone else making life and death decisions for them.
Such women are often aggressive drivers, themselves, but intolerant of being passenger with a similarly aggressive driver.

But once again, women's behavior tends to center around security.
If you understand that, then their actions, not always alike from one to the other, become a major insight into their needs, their strengths and their fears.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
some women are driven by security issues :smile:

is always loverly when 1950 comes to visit.

Very true :biggrin1:.

However, he was mostly right in my case . . .

Women who prefer to drive will tend to be those who are more self confident

Tick.

or who have control issues in which they would feel insecure allowing someone else making life and death decisions for them.

Tick. Except when sex is involved.

Such women are often aggressive drivers, themselves,

Assertive! not aggressive :tongue:

but intolerant of being passenger with a similarly aggressive driver.

No tick. I can't stand being in the car with a passive, laid back driver.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have a driving license - if she doesn't want to walk (or be carried); I'm afraid she will have to drive. :tongue: It's worth noting that any past-girlfriend soon discovered how truly stingy I am. A date with me is always cheap and cheerful. :biggrin1: (Yes, I'm single. :tongue:)