Why are there so many Chinese people?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can you expand on that? I don't see how that would increase the number of children. If one guy has 7 wives, doesn't that mean there are 6 guys with no wives? The extra children produced in one family would be offset by the zero children produced by the other 6 guys. It seems like a zero sum game unless I'm missing something.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can you expand on that? I don't see how that would increase the number of children. If one guy has 7 wives, doesn't that mean there are 6 guys with no wives? The extra children produced in one family would be offset by the zero children produced by the other 6 guys. It seems like a zero sum game unless I'm missing something.

I just cut and pasted it from somewhere online, but my guess is that if a person has a concubine they can afford to take care of more children. Poverty and lack of food is a big reason for childhood mortality and I'm sure it was worse a long time ago.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh i see what your saying. So in a sense they do have the most people and in another sense they dont.

Well if you are counting people China has the most. Period.

NJ is the most populous state (people per square mile), California has the most people.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Population density was not the issue- it was numbers...

Density is extremely important.

Kanix is in Hong Kong, which is one of the most densely populated places in the World. You can not judge the rest of China (HK is a tiny part by area and poplation), against Hong Kong, that would be like judging the US on Manhattan.

Family is extremely important in Chinese culture, this weekend is/has been the mid Autumn festival which celebrates family.

The reason that density is important relates to a country's ability to be self sufficient. To see how incredibly organised Chinese agriculture is from the air is quite something. China does not have an outrageous population density and can support its population, but imagine if they wished to consume as much per capita as US citizens, or even half as much. But yes, that is actually what the West is crapping itself over.

The Chinese are also extremely successful immigrants whether they go to countries that are richer or poorer than them.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The real reason of why China has so many people is because of this .
Chuck Norris is responsible of China overpopulation . He hosted A Karate tournament in Beijing and all woman with 1000 miles became pregnant instantly.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being in Hong Kong currently I wonder:

Why are there so many Chinese people on this planet?
Why is it that the largest percentage of humans are Chinese?

I believe it has something to do with the whole 'one child' thing. In an effort to please Sun Yat-Sen (father of The Republic/Nation/modern China/etc.etc.) all Chinese people go about makiing sure they have at least one child. Of course since having a daughter is less favorable than having a son, many times they have to try again-and again, and sometimes or even often, yet again and again. Some couples have been known to have upwards of 13 daughters before being graced with a son, which of course leads to the large number of people you see who are Chinese.

You have it wrong, they are limited to one child not at least one child.Many who lost there one child in the earthquake can not have another. On a tv show I think I heard the fine is like 20,000 dollars if they have a second child. Some people actually leave the country if they find out there wife is pregnant with the second.
You may be confusing India with China there the male child is need to support the older parents. I forget why I think maybe females can not work outside of the home , not sure on that. It also could be something to do with marriage traditions.
Comical Deno, absolutely comical! While starting off by informing me "YOU HAVE IT WRONG" you didn't even catch the intentional historical glitch in my post. Additionally, you are clearly too vapid to have even caught the note of humor which was placed in my post with that glitch. Sun Yat-Sen(1886-1925) was long gone before the one child policy was instituted in 1979. More can be found here: What is China's One Child Policy? Sun Yat-Sen, was/is often referred to as The Father of Modern China hence the use of his name. In other words, the placing of a moment of levity. My post was responding to the opening post and question of why there were so many Chinese children.

Again, Sun Yat-Sen, often called Father of Modern China/Father of the Republic, was dead before the one child policy came into being. I know damned well what the policy was about-at least I know my history, you on the other hand obviously do not. You can't even tell us what the fine would be for having a second child. You can't even tell us how some wealthy Chinese have more than one. You can't even tell us how often times a female child is tossed off to the side-many times the orphanages grab them and Americans race over and adopt them.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Comical Deno, absolutely comical! While starting off by informing me "YOU HAVE IT WRONG" you didn't even catch the intentional historical glitch in my post. Additionally, you are clearly too vapid to have even caught the note of humor which was placed in my post with that glitch.

What you were doing can only work if people catch your humour and believe that your grasp of history is such that any glitch is intentional.
Neither may be true.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What you were doing can only work if people catch your humour and believe that your grasp of history is such that any glitch is intentional.
Neither may be true.
True; but, the bigger point here is that if Deno desires to parade his facts (which include 'I think I heard' and 'I forget why')about, and tell me where I am wrong on one thing, then he owes it to himself (and the board) to indicate any other errors I may have made.